• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Slug gun project

Just been thinking, only one of my deer has been shot at over 100 yards. So i thought I might get a 500 12/20 and put a rail and scope on it. Wasn’t really wanting a rifled barrel (no resale market for them around here). And i plan on using foster slugs. Any thoughts/suggestions would be appreciated !

Planning and wishing is free :)
I wanted mine for several years and kept the dream alive. One day i could suddenly afford it, got it and here we are :)
You know.. the pricetag is aprox $900 in Sweden

Just been thinking, only one of my deer has been shot at over 100 yards. So i thought I might get a 500 12/20 and put a rail and scope on it. Wasn’t really wanting a rifled barrel (no resale market for them around here). And i plan on using foster slugs. Any thoughts/suggestions would be appreciated !

A while back I got into making my own slugs from melting birdshot from cheap walmart #7 & #8. Reloading them with the 1oz Lee slugs.

I took my old 1988 500ab 20" barrel and bought a used 24" rifled slug barrel and a scope and mount. Worked out well and had a lot of fun with it. Cost me about $155. total.
DSCF0017.JPG

I took this journey myself, from smooth 500 to a single back to a pump 20 with rifle sights then rifle tube then back to the 500 with a rifled barrel and eventually found a dedicated 695 Mossy 12bore rifle which is what I wanted to start with.........:brick: couldve saved alot of time and money and head banging BUT the journey was fun and learned my diff guns limits and strengths. Etc... I believe much I posted here. In a pinch a crescent wrench or even channel locks work but a well made proper size box end just feels right. Enjoy your trip :cheers:

Back