• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

SSi-ONE arrived today

Looking forward to hearing how it does.

Well I had it to the range today but just for show and tell. I had dental surgery last week that is not healing correctly so didn't want any problems caused by recoil. I did shoot my Mossberg 42M instead.

Here is the picture.
gBx6aKc.jpg

Had the SSi out to the range yesterday testing function. Breaking it open is a 2 handed affair. Not like some shotguns I have had that fall open when the lever is pressed. Had to get use to the automatic safety. A hard pull on the trigger does not work when the safety is on. From reports I read I was expecting a stiff trigger but it felt nice and crisp. I wasn't shooting for accuracy but the shots lined up to center of target. It was easy to ring the 100 yard gongs. I was surprised at the light recoil. My other .223 has noticible (but not harsh) recoil. Next week I will try the .243 barrel or sight the .223 in. Not sure which yet.

As you can see by the date lots of shooting since. I have been thinking lately about a heavy barrel 22-250 for the SSi-ONE. I have a couple 22-250 rifles but have never seen a 22-250 barrel for the SSi-ONE which I understand was made. Also I didn't post about the .243 shoot. As I remember it was less felt recoil than my Rem 788.

I'd be interested in that .243 barrel if you want to sell it.
I have all of the barrels except for that one, I have an extra .270 barrel if you would like to trade

Back