• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

590 shockwave wood furniture

Yes, it is...finally found some original Vintage Police Wood to add...Brass Bead and Shield are next!

I agree...In Canada you can Raptor any 500/590/870 legally. Just can't go back to the factory or any other stock on the 14" when popping over Stateside...That's what the 18"+ are for...Love traveling between the two countries and making sure that I'm Legit and Compliant! Have never brought the 14" back...stays up North.

Last edited:
Yes, it is...finally found some Vintage Wood to add...Brass Bead and Shield are next!

I agree...In Canada you can Raptor any 500/590/870 legally. Just can't go back to the factory or any other stock on the 14" 590 when popping over Stateside...That's what the 18"+ are for...Love traveling between the two countries and making sure that I'm Legit!

Not if you have it in California.

Just remember, state laws differ from federal laws.

Finished!
a7f87ac44df215419d76132a5bac5938.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

First post. First mossburg I have owned. Bought it because it's an awesome little gun. LOVE the wood look, that's why I have joined.

I have contacted the eBay seller mentioned on page 1 and they said they will be selling the unstained ones next month. I have replied to see if they will be selling 100% raw wood or if it will have some kind of varnish, or clear on it. Hoping there won't be and it will ship, modify what is needed if any and then stain.

Good info here, thanks for that!

I also want to do the heat shield I think.
If you're using it on the Shockwave you will find that you need to shorten the front foregrip where the cap screws on by about 1/4" to get the cap to meet the threads. You may also need to sand the inside where the cap slides into the foregrip. Mine was super tight. Lastly it is gloss polly coated. You will need to sand it down if you wanted to change the color. I used Minwax Polly shades to do mine. It's Polly and stain in one. Came out good I think.
64f3742d6a1dd956a4ec5fc7377d5e42.jpg
a37843c9c0c81d7b8879f6b743690465.jpg

"BOOM STICK".......I like it .
Did you refinish the receiver? It looks like a deep black.
Nope. Factory. Funny about mine though. Everyone else's I've seen has the "Mossberg" embroidered in the foregrip strap. Mine didn't. Not sure why that is. Guess it doesn't really matter since it's not on the gun anymore.

Nope. Factory. Funny about mine though. Everyone else's I've seen has the "Mossberg" embroidered in the foregrip strap. Mine didn't. Not sure why that is. Guess it doesn't really matter since it's not on the gun anymore.

Mine didn't have the embroidery either, and it's gone too.

Like you said, it's gone now. The straps without the "Mossberg" are the earlier models. The later ones have the "Mossberg'.

Love the wood look. Being a woodworker myself it's intriguing...might have to have another one down the road a bit. If anyone doesn't want the Mossberg strap, mine is plain [earlier model] and I'd be happy to trade it out.

Walnut Shockwave.jpg

I put the Black Ace Tactical Walnut furniture on my stainless cerakote Shockwave. The checkering gives me a better gripping surface than anything else I've tried. I was extremely pleased with the fit up. I decided to go with the Streamlight TLR-2G flashlight/green laser combo mounted on my receiver rail.

Back