• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New Patriot 30-06.

Can anyone tell me a little about this gun at 100 yds? I’ve been trying to find the best hand load but so far she only likes 110 gn Speer and IMR 4064 powder with a 54.5 gn load. Only then can I get sub MOA groups....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry, I have no first hand experience with the 06 patriot.

However, any other 30-06 that I have ever owned, has never been sub-moa.

Can anyone tell me a little about this gun at 100 yds? I’ve been trying to find the best hand load but so far she only likes 110 gn Speer and IMR 4064 powder with a 54.5 gn load. Only then can I get sub MOA groups....

Sorry I can't be much help either. I bought my 30-06 Patriot as a truck gun with iron sights for the occasional hog or other varmint. I've sighted it in at 50, but not beyond.

Well here it is! 100 yds!
a3a8f9a0986196e3ef8f298c7e8f8505.jpg

Great consistency in your set up and shooting. I still shoot some 3 or 5 shot groups. Each year I find myself shooting more groups with 10 or more shots per bull. I do this mainly at my ranges 200 yard range. Seems like the consistency gives me the assurance that all is well. I will add that if there is a weakness it will be seen with large shot groups. I shoot all hunting class guns and am not talking high quality target set ups. I enjoy your Patriot .30-06 updates.

Great consistency in your set up and shooting. I still shoot some 3 or 5 shot groups. Each year I find myself shooting more groups with 10 or more shots per bull. I do this mainly at my ranges 200 yard range. Seems like the consistency gives me the assurance that all is well. I will add that if there is a weakness it will be seen with large shot groups. I shoot all hunting class guns and am not talking high quality target set ups. I enjoy your Patriot .30-06 updates.
Thanks so much! I’m glad you enjoy it!

So. Turns out one action screw was 10 lbs too tight and the other 10 lbs loose. So I fixed it and shot this in a hurry today! Yes, that’s a clover leaf in the top circle at 100 yds. 165 gn Speer tips and 56 grains of RL19! High winds, too...edit, 5 shot groups!

8718fcff617c2786220e0b80b50c6a50.jpg

Back