• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Anyone following this?

Putnam County Sheriff's Department
Published by Mike Martin
SOCIAL MEDIA INFORMATION RE: RED FLAG LAW PROTESTS
The Putnam County Sheriff’s Office has been inundated with calls and social media messages from citizens expressing concern about a police response in the Town of Carmel. The incident was widely reported to be a law enforcement effort to seize firearms under “Red Flag” laws. This information is incorrect. The law enforcement response and subsequent arrest was related to a domestic violence investigation. The citizen involved is safe and in police custody.
The incredibly high volume of phone calls, emails and social media messages has overwhelmed our systems and shutdown our ability to communicate with our community. While we respect the right of all citizens to inquire about law enforcement activity, we urge you to respect the needs of our community and restore our ability to serve them. Thank you.

“UPDATE 11:36pm:
Lots of people are saying this isn't over. I haven't been able to confirm any new info on whether the original standoff is actually ended, but either way, we at least certainly know that supporters who showed up have been / are being arrested, and that this event is absolutely not over.
At the very least there's a lot of legal stuff that needs to happen.
And likely there's stuff on the ground right now happening -- possibly with more arrests, interrogation, or other police activity. That stuff will call for folks on the ground all night and maybe all day tomorrow to report and assist those who need help.
Good information is crucial and often rare in situations like these.
If you are on the ground, PLEASE LIVESTREAM so we can see for ourselves what is happening.
And all the rest of you....be ready to livestream because you never know when a situation will develop that needs to be communicated or documented.
And, if you don't have confirmed information, please make sure you include that in your posting to avoid further confusion and misinformation.
Bottom line: regardless of the current status of the original standoff, this whole event (and its fallout) is definitely not over.
====
UPDATE 10:07pm:
News report says he "surrendered peacefully." I'm also hearing that people who rallied in support are being arrested -- BY THE UNCLE of the original guy, no less. Apparently he's a cop. Apparently having a cop in your family isn't a protection against this kind of thing.
It also says this..... First the quote, and then the reasons why all of this should be HORRIBLY ALARMING to ALL of us:
"Negotiators worked throughout the day to try to get him to come out, but police say that he was posting live updates on social media. They say his followers only aggravated the situation.
" 'This is a person in crisis, having mental illness, having issues and he didn't need the people on social media telling him that his rights are being violated,' said Chief Michael Cazzari of the Carmel Police. 'He needed help. Medical help.'
"Police say that man is not expected to face any charges from the standoff."
YOU SHOULD BE ALARMED.
1. They seem to be calling either PTSD or someone standing up for his right to have a 30 round magazine "mental illness" and a "person in crisis."
2. They are trying to shame individuals for talking about government violating their rights.
3. They are trying to prevent people from showing up to help someone whose rights are being violated.
4. They are *arresting* people for *showing up* to help -- it doesn't sound like the people were even doing anything beyond just be there close to the scene.
http://westchester.news12.com/story...spend-hours-dealing-with-individual-in-crisis
===
UPDATE 9:53pm:
I'm calling local law enforcement facilities but haven't gotten any info yet on the current status.
According to a screenshot in the comments (see below), it seems that this might have started when someone else told authorities he had PTSD, and then they came to his door when he was gone and threatened his wife with CPS taking away their kid if she didn't let them inside, and when they searched they found the illegal magazines.
If that's true, it has all kinds of terrible implications -- nothing we didn't already know about, just stuff we've been warning was a problem and threat to liberties.
===
UPDATE 9:11pm:
Reporter on scene following: https://www.facebook.com/nikitaramostv/
Actual news story from reporter: http://westchester.news12.com/story...spend-hours-dealing-with-individual-in-crisis
"Carmel police tell News 12 that they do not believe that the individual has a firearm or that anyone else in the community is in danger."
So: if they do not believe the community is in danger, why THE HELL do they have this ridiculous armed presence?
From a livestream video I saw, it appears the police informed local neighbors "stay in your basements, there may be a suicide going down at a neighbor's house" but look at the guy's videos. He is definitely not suicidal.
Is this an attempt to make the cops "look good" (saving someone's life) and "cover" if for some reason they breach and end up shooting him? ("He died -- we tried to save him from suicide but ultimately couldn't")?
I'm just asking.
==
Looks like there is a standoff right now with someone actually standing up for his right to keep and bear arms against police confiscation or arrest.
This is a developing story and **I'm not sure of all the details*** but here are some links and here are a few facts that **seem** to be accurate from what I'm hearing now:
- Someone in New York (50 Putnam Dr., Mahopac, NY 10541)
- Police showed up to possibly confiscate his gun / magazines and/or arrest him
- Looks like the issue was him owning a 30-round magazine (not allowed in NY)
- Red flag gun confiscation may be involved
- Government is threatening to cut off his communication because he's using social media to get a response out
- Some are saying cops already breached, maybe he was arrested, maybe armed citizens on scene or en route to help, but not clear on any of that
===
The guy's instagram stories: https://www.instagram.com/stories/whiskey_warrior_556/
Instagram stories with more actual updates from someone nearby: https://www.instagram.com/stories/smoke_n_whiskey/
===
My initial thoughts (I'm sure I'll have many more later):
- This is what modern gun control looks like, in action. It's picking people off one by one, for "minor" things ("You can have your gun, just not this exact gun or magazine -- come on let's be reasonable")
- Don't be like "oh they wouldn't come after me, he probably just did something he shouldn't have." The point is, it could be you and it could be here and it could be over you "breaking" a "law" that's completely BS like
- Where is your line in the sand? Because it's not like we're only fighting against future infringement. There is ALREADY infringement. How much is too much?
- I don't want anyone to have to fight like this. That's why I want enough of us to be all in fighting legislatively to restore our rights.
- Communication is enormously important in a situation like this. I'm glad there are people like these instagrammers reporting on what's actually happening.”

From what I can gather, he threatened no one. Harmed no one. And was at work when the cops showed up to kick in the door.

I don't see the danger here.

But I doubt that I would have much else to do with his army buddy. Except sue the ever living piss out of him.

One cannot be too careful these days. I have close associates , g/f family members that Do not know how many or what kind of guns I have, nor do they need to know. The good thing is, they do not hide which side they are on.

Be very careful at all times.

Snitches Wear Stitches

Loose Lips Sink Ships

I'm pleased callers were able to overwhelm the police dispatch--another tool to add to the tool box. ;)

PS: my kids know to not tell ANYONE that we have guns here and they have been obedient in that regard. Now if I could only get them to clean their rooms! :D

Back