• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Charging Handles

DHonovich said:
http://www.gggaz.com/mossberg-930br-enhanced-tactical-charging-handle.html
Mossberg-930-Enhanced-Charging-Handle-2012.jpg

Mossberg 930 Enhanced Tactical Charging Handle:

Failure to retract the bolt handle completely could lead to a catosrophic malfunction that is potentially fatal. Why risk it? Replace the Mossberg 930 factory charging handle with one you can easy grab during the high anxiety associated with a gun fight, the GG&G Mossberg Enhanced Tactical Charging Handle.

Mossberg Enhanced Tactical Charging Handle Specifications:

Easy to install. No modifications are needed to your shotgun.
The Enhanced Charging Handle is much larger than the factory Mossberg 930 charging handle providing a more positive method of charging, especially in stress fire situations.
Heavy knurling reduces the chance of your fingers or hand slipping off the charging handle during stress fire situations or when wearing gloves.
Provides light weight, consistent reliable functioning.
Rounded edges provide a snag free operation.
All edges are deburred for the shooters safety.
The Mossberg 930 Enhanced Tactical Charging Handle does not rotate.
Manufactured from 4140 ordnance steel.
Heat treated to Rockwell 45 C to sustain the punishment of professional use.
Manganese phosphate finished matte black per mil-spec.

+1 This One! :cool:

I have a 930 HD. The bolt handle that came on the gun is the older crescent moon shaped handle.

I know enough to "beleive" that it's not cost effective enough to change/replace the bolt and/or how the bolt handle attaches from generation to generation but I wanted to run it by the eperienced here...

-Any issues using a new gen bolt handle in an older gen bolt?

Another note, in recent weeks I've been on the phone with Mossberg CS and they've been all manner of pleasant, even if not 100% "knowledgeable"...
I spoke with a rep today that was more than pleasant, again, about replacing my "old" bolt handle.
Mossberg offered to "Comp/Courtesy" the bolt handle out to me. (Great CS Mossberg Thank You).
When I described the Bolt Handle I was looking for and the one I had that I wanted to replace, the very pleasant CS Rep said "well there's only one bolt handle for that gun so it must be the one".
I didn't argue I just said "ok, well I guess I'll just wait and see, thank you".

So my questions are;

- Is the "New" round/checkered bolt handle the same as the "Standard" (non Special Purpose) 930 and our Special Purpose 930's?
- Can anyone advise if once Mossberg switches bolt handle styles the current bolt handle style becomes "the only" one bolt handle Mossberg has/stocks/carries?
- With the Ser. # given to Mossberg; whats the likliehood that Mossberg stocks/supplies the "old" Bolt handle as a direct replacement for the one that their records indicate my old gen 930 was built with?
- If the Ser No. for my gun was entered would the bolt handle for my gen have a different Part No. than the newer style bolt handle?
- Does anyone know the Part No. for the "new" round checkered bolt handle (and/or the "old" style) ?

Thank you. Anyone care to take a guess at whether or not GGG is the OEM for Mossbergs most recent bolt handles? Are they in fact the same? Or just similar ?

There's nothing special to the bolt handle. All it is is a piece of flat stock with a notch out of it (to keep it held in) that jams into the bolt to pull it to the rear. As long as the part that inserts is flat with the notch it'll work. If you wanted to you could even make your own. Or use a Popsicle stick, or a pair of tweezers, or tie some fishing line to it.

martinezn@mossberg.com is who responded to me. I think I just emailed my request to customer service but she is the one who responded. It did take probably 6-8 weeks but they sent it and for free.

I did the same thing, just asking the Mossberg email responder what they recommended for my brand new 930, and they sent me the Mossberg 930 Enhanced Tactical Charging Handle free of charge, and I REALLY like it.
Mossberg-930-Enhanced-Charging-Handle-2012.jpg

I'll update this;
OF Mossy and Sons just sent my replacement bolt handle. They stick 1 item number that item # is the "current" or same as the SPX round knurled Bolt handle. If your BH is the "old" crescent shaped and want a free upgrade before committing to an aftermarket one give them a call with your ser#. They got mine out to me free and I appreciate that VERY much. It completely updated my 930 to current specs. (For anyone that didn't catch my original post on my 930; I bough the floor model and it was the last years model with the crescent shaped BH).
I'm pleased with the new BH and gloved or ungloved I can't really find flaw with it or need for one of the other after markets.

For what it's worth; my opinions worth exactly what you payed for it!
YMMV

I'll update this;
OF Mossy and Sons just sent my replacement bolt handle. They stick 1 item number that item # is the "current" or same as the SPX round knurled Bolt handle. If your BH is the "old" crescent shaped and want a free upgrade before committing to an aftermarket one give them a call with your ser#. They got mine out to me free and I appreciate that VERY much. It completely updated my 930 to current specs. (For anyone that didn't catch my original post on my 930; I bough the floor model and it was the last years model with the crescent shaped BH).
I'm pleased with the new BH and gloved or ungloved I can't really find flaw with it or need for one of the other after markets.

For what it's worth; my opinions worth exactly what you payed for it!
YMMV
Yep, they did the same for me for my HD model. Even though I then decided to sell that one and get an SPX. :)

I used the GG&G Enhanced Bolt Handle on my 935. I thought the knurling provided a much better grip for charging the gun.

I found it especially helpful when hunting in the cold with numb fingers it was easy to wrap your pointer finger and thumb behind and load a round from the tube. I also really liked the circular shape of the handle as I thought it fit in my hand pretty naturally.

The newest 930 SPX's are coming with the newer, rounded, knarled charging handle. They are very comfortable!!! I have to admit...the Choate extended charging latch looks like a shotgun version of the Badger Ordnance extended latch for AR's. Give Mossberg's newest offering a good chance! It's not overly big or small. The texture isn't so aggressive that it chews your fingers up either. It's about as close to perfect as I could ask!

Very well stated, that's what came on my 930 SPX BLACKWATER.

I was planning on buying the oversized charging handle from Mossberg.com but shipping is so outrageously expensive (for such a small part) that I'm kind of turned off my them now. I think I might try the GG&G one instead and save a few bucks. Anyone else try the GG&G one and like it (or hate it)?

Back