• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Good Morning all. I expect to be back on the range soon. I need to shoot up some 45 acp and 9mm. I just ordered the parts to convert the Lee Pro 1000 press from 223 to 38/357. Those included the shellholder plate, a 3 hole turret and a 3 die set. I still need case length tool and empty brass. Brass is on the way also. I will load up on 357 when I get the new gun. I will be ordering a new .358 mold and some gas checks. Later I will convert the press to 9mm. I "plan" to sell the Hi Point 45acp so I won't be converting. That is not settled yet but I am really trying to avoid picking up brass. I may just shoot the heck out of the gun and let the cases lay where they fall.

One other option I may choose is a snubbie in 38spl +P. It is a small frame but has a laser in the grip. The nice thing is that it is a full 3 finger grip instead of 2. And it is 100 bucks cheaper than the 357 model I slobber over. Whichever way I go I will have a 38 to play with till its step brother gets here.

Good Morning Mossies.
@CaddmannQ ,
Cadd, you think you have problems w/ your fish tanks?

Look what I have to put up with.

dcb7fe3b3ea6f15cdacc46d51786ae5f.jpg

(C) Gary Larson
The Far Side

Good morning you guys.

Here is a photograph comparing the Henry .22 magnum to the Mossberg 464 .30-30, Marlin 1895 .45-70, and Dave's new Marlin 1894 .357 Magnum all weather.

20191203_181536.jpg

With the rubber and stainless finish and the closed bolt Arrangement the Marlin would make a nice boat gun.

But not for my little boat. I just need a stainless steel pistol with some snake shot. I have seen lots of snakes while fishing.

Speaking of fishing, is this rain keeps up I might be able to drop the line in my backyard. After absolutely zero rain since the middle of May we have had a week of everyday rain now.

All the local ponds are getting quite full.

Good morning Mossberg owners.

Thank you Meanie, I did not show off my .357 Henry or .22LR Henry, but I would have put them in the picture if I had thought about it at the time.

That gun goes to one of Dave's customers so I will not get to shoot it.

Well we have a new Christmas tree and the new Christmas wreath. I have the lights up on the tree, and as it has stopped raining today (for the first day in many) I will go put some lights up on the house today.

For the next 3 weeks my wife is going to be increasingly Christmassy, but I Will Survive it all with my usual surley & grumpy countenance.

Thank you @fellmann for the beautiful photographs. I've only seen the Northern Lights really well one time and it was from Horizon to Zenith across the flat muskeg stretching for miles into Canada from the border of Minnesota.

It wasn't usually so dramatic that far south but the year I graduated high school we had a lot of solar activity.

Which brings up an old old physics joke...

Why did Professor Van Allen have a high-intensity belt of particulate radiation?
To hold up his theories!

Great pictures Fellman. The last time I saw that was about 15 years ago when I was living in Nebraska. They weren't as spectacular as I had to drive into the countryside in order to get completely away from city lights.

I also have been fortunate enough to see them a couple of times while flying. That was strange as my compass was off by about 50-60 degrees. Fortunately I had other navigation equipment that was not affected.

Anyways, thanks for sharing the pictures.

Thanks guys :) Northern lights have always been part of us so we might not feel it is so spectacular as someone from the south might feel, but its always beautiful to watch when its more than normal.

Weekend saved. Got support from a friend who bought some ammo for me. Now i can do some PPC shooting.

20191206_143033_800b.jpg

Everybody, have a fantastic day / weekend :D

Good morning everyone. 45 and sunny this morning and a very light wind. The weekend should be springlike which is fine with me.

Fellman, you have a thoughtful friend. Gave you something you can use and enjoy.

Have a great day everyone.

A few degrees below 0. Calm and nothing happens. Birthdays stopped being exciting after 30+ lol
I can eat the whole cake myself. No guests and my son doesnt want any cake ? Alright.. no problem with me :D
I ate half the cake yesterday and had trouble sleeping lol.

Have a fantastic evening everybody :)

Last edited:
Fellmann had a birthday?
:HBD: :hbd:

Dec 7th is not the finest omen, but it was an excuse for cake, right?
The rain let up so I went shopping and I bought a couple tarps to cover my junk from the coming rain.
. . . nothing exciting.

My buddy is supposed to bring his new 17hmr revolver over. 10 shots. Italian made. Chiappa?
Something like that.

I want to go shoot the .44 again, now that I have a choice of ammo to try.
The .308 will have to go too. I may go tomorrow if it's not awful weather.
Should be dreary and damp, but calm.

Hey guys....
I got to see Dave's new pistol. I'm not sure what's going on with Dave. He checked himself out of the hospital against their will.
He said he had some guns he'd sold to deliver. Said he wanted a dozen 12ga slugs, and we cast them up yesterday evening.

No shooting today. Rain started pouring before noon.

The tarp on my boat was filling up and caving in so I had to go prop it up in the rain.
I siphoned off 20 gals of water with a hose. One of the bungies had rotted thru and the tarp was loose.
I got some fiberglass and epoxy into the forestock I've been repairing for the 500 12ga. It cleaned up pretty well. I'm going to try and re-fit it tonite. Stay tuned for cursing and lots of filing . . . .

Good Morning Mossberg Owners.

Today is chill, and foggy but no rain. Every room is decorated for Christmas. I put up all the lights.

The re-fitting of the forestock went very well last night. I made it too tight on purpose, then sanded it to fit as closely as possible. I noticed the shotgun hadn't been well cleaned last time out. I had probably just hit it with WD40 and the air hose. Anyhow I soaked it out with Hoppe's benchrest bore cleaner, and it now shines like a new gun, inside and out.

Except . . I have a DIY pin spanner to torque the nut and when the nut bottomed, I slipped and gouged the wood.
:brick:
Well, now it has some character . . .

Good morning. Cloudy and 30 this morning in Tulsa. Kind of dreary, but no rain.

I have a few cards to send out and a couple items left and I will be ready for Christmas. It seems like I never have enough time, but this year I am actually ahead of schedule.

You all have a great day.

Good Morning folks.

The rain has let up and it's not freezing, so I may go shoot today.

But I have a stuck sliding door, and the track needs repair.
Of course this is the wrong season to open a big hole in the house.

I may be able to effect a temporary repair with the door in place, but it means a lot of crawling around on the floor.
And the house has 3 other doors.

This will not get fixed today, but I can go shooting today.

My path is clear. ;)

I have never seen the northern lights fellman.

But we have a lot of lightning bugs in the summer evening. They're really neat to watch in the summer. Kind of like blinking Christmas tree lights. There is an old sycamore tree at the edge of my yard that they stay in until dusk and then they're everywhere. Literally thousands of them.

There is also a luminescent moss called fox fire that I have seen in the mouth of a cave when we were camping. But my buddy refused to sleep in the cave and kind of freaked out after we told him they were glow worms instead of moss. Then he said he was afraid they would crawl in his ear or nose or mouth while he was asleep and there was no way he was going to sleep in here.

Whatever Jeremy. Sleep outside if you want to

LOL

Good morning men. Things here have turned cold. Got about 3 inches of snow last night. Down to about 25*F.

Back