• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

I have never seen the northern lights fellman.

But we have a lot of lightning bugs in the summer evening. They're really neat to watch in the summer. Kind of like blinking Christmas tree lights. There is an old sycamore tree at the edge of my yard that they stay in until dusk and then they're everywhere. Literally thousands of them.

There is also a luminescent moss called fox fire that I have seen in the mouth of a cave when we were camping. But my buddy refused to sleep in the cave and kind of freaked out after we told him they were glow worms instead of moss. Then he said he was afraid they would crawl in his ear or nose or mouth while he was asleep and there was no way he was going to sleep in here.

Whatever Jeremy. Sleep outside if you want to

LOL

Good morning men. Things here have turned cold. Got about 3 inches of snow last night. Down to about 25*F.

John, Tell Jeremy to just put a paper bag over his head so the glow worms can't see his face. What they can't see scares them away. 18* here this am and about 2-3 inches of white stuff. It must be winter.

Have a great day.

Good morning Mossberg Owners. 50F here and dry with a light mist. The rain is done for a while.

Well it warned up yesterday so I got a repair kit, and I did fix my door, and we cleaned up from all the decorating.

But I did not go shooting. I cleaned up the gun bench and sewed up my leaking tail bag, and I put some more finish on the forestock I've been fixing.

Then I lounged around 'til bed watching Forgotten Weapons on YouTube. This is one of the best channels I've seen on firearm history and design.

Maybe today I can get out there and shoot.

Get it while you can guys.

Clear skies and 35 here this morning. The forecast calls for highs in the low to mid 50s for the next few days.

We have a few lightning bugs here as well John. Not as many as I remember as a kid in Missouri, or the time I spent in Nebraska. The vegetation is much different here and I suspect that is the reason.

My son in Omaha sent me a message last night telling me he had watched the international space station fly over twice last evening. By the time I found out it was too late to check the schedule to see if it would have been visible here. I have seen it on numerous occasions, but always enjoy watching it fly over.

Have a great day and stay vigilant.

Good Morning, Mossyites.
First snow here this morning. 33F, 1/4 inch on cars and grass and roofs. Ground too warm for any accumulation on pavement. Will probably melt by lunchtime. Hardly noteworthy.

Screwing around in the workshop today I made a loading block for the .45--70 cartridge.
20191211_151303.jpg

Chamfering 35 holes.... It might have been 50, but that was my biggest scrap of 2" birch.
20191211_152900.jpg

I shot some clear paint on it and it's drying in the garage.

Good morning haven't visited Mossberg forums in awhile been collecting vintage 1970-90 USA made pocket knives and shooting my handguns. Still have my Mossberg 500 just installed NDZ safety and new recoil pad that needs to be trimmed. New range here allows buckshot so will test some Remington 2 3/4 00BK bought on sale first chance I get . I'm home today with ear infection, been taking huge Amoxicillin and healing . I also have a heavy heart for the recent LEO's losing their lives , stay alert and safe out there -Jeff

Good morning. My wife called me at 9:17 this morning to tell me there's an active shooter in her area and they are on lock down. She just sent a text at 11:55 to say they are still locked down The shooting was at Dart Container in Conyers, Ga. 2 miles from where my wife works. One shooter and one victim. There are 3 schools and several businesses in that area all locked down for however long. I hope they catch this person quickly.

It's a crazy morning folks. I've been watching the news and cleaning brass.
I ran out of brass before I ran out of news. . . :-/

I will go shooting later, but want to buy a new rifle case for the .308 first.
It's my longest piece, and with 5 rifle cases here I haven't got one long enough.
So far it's been to the range a couple times, and I have to disassemble it each time.
As much as I am wanting to test the new Zeiss glass, I cannot continue this way a day longer.

I'm shopping for a case this AM, and with a spot of luck will be shooting later.

Good morning haven't visited Mossberg forums in awhile been collecting vintage 1970-90 USA made pocket knives and shooting my handguns. Still have my Mossberg 500 just installed NDZ safety and new recoil pad that needs to be trimmed. New range here allows buckshot so will test some Remington 2 3/4 00BK bought on sale first chance I get . I'm home today with ear infection, been taking huge Amoxicillin and healing . I also have a heavy heart for the recent LEO's losing their lives , stay alert and safe out there -Jeff

Welcome back Jeff. I've been watching the crazy news and sharpening all my knives.

I ran out of knives first.

Results:
The Boker Magnum: I could shave with this knife daily. Takes the best edge of all my folders.
The old Buck 110: I'm not happy with the edge quite yet. I opened too many oil cans with it in the 70's and it was poorly sharpened by me a number of times, in a hurry, back in times when I didn't know it would become a personal keepsake.

Good morning. My wife called me at 9:17 this morning to tell me there's an active shooter in her area and they are on lock down. She just sent a text at 11:55 to say they are still locked down The shooting was at Dart Container in Conyers, Ga. 2 miles from where my wife works. One shooter and one victim. There are 3 schools and several businesses in that area all locked down for however long. I hope they catch this person quickly.

I feel for ya sniff, I hope she gets home in time to cook dinner.:clock:

Good morning everyone. It's been a crazy week for sure, not only on the national level but locally as well. We had our typical shootings in the area and also several stabbings . Some folks just can't seem to get along with others.

I hope you all have a great day.

Good morning everyone. It's been a crazy week for sure, not only on the national level but locally as well. We had our typical shootings in the area and also several stabbings . Some folks just can't seem to get along with others.

I hope you all have a great day.
Yep.. its crazy out there.. There have been a lot of gang related shootings and bombing in Sweden last weeks.
There is a war between gangs, luckily for me, mostly occurring in the bigger cities. Life feels unsafe... Everybody is going mad..
Youth gangs causing hawok. Car fires, stone throwing.. No respect for law and order.
Remember how different everything was when i grew up :/

People are generally tired of this shit... a party more to the right has grown to the second largest according to polls. They have become larger than three of the parties in the ruling block combined. They speak out how it really is, not avoiding whos really responsible, instead of putting the head in the sand and pretending like nothing bad is happening, like the ruling party.

e70737cc-0e38-4559-bc19-50abfc3ae39b.jpg
503596f5-ab6b-4098-9dbb-6715e82b56ac.jpg
80128955-1d3b-47f2-844c-b6d79bc659a4.jpg
Screenshot-2019-12-09-at-22.01.53-485x360.png
upplopp-brand-stenkastning.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
Good Morning guys.
@fellmann YIKES!
No serious mayhem going on here thank God.

I still have not taking the rifle out but I am going to go today.

I bought a heavy case for my varminter yesterday, but didn't find one for the .308 yet. This one is an inch too narrow for it, unless I take the pistol grip off.
20191213_170231.jpg
Anyhow I got the foam fitted and it worked out pretty well and I still have room for a pistol and some magazines too.

Time to go load up the truck, so you all Have a good day

Good Morning guys.
@fellmann YIKES!

I bought a heavy case for my varminter yesterday, but didn't find one for the .308 yet. This one is an inch too narrow for it, unless I take the pistol grip off.
View attachment 22302
Anyhow I got the foam fitted and it worked out pretty well and I still have room for a pistol and some magazines too.

Beautiful rifle ! ..and nice case :)

It happens in waves.. calm a while, maybe a month or two.. then a weekend with chaos.. then calm a while again.. etc. I think it has calm down now. Have not heard anything for a couple of days

Last edited:
Good Morning guys.
@fellmann YIKES!

View attachment 22302

What caliber is the varminter? I've been contemplating another rifle, perhaps a 6.5/243 or some variation thereof. I want something accurate and fun that doesn't beat me to death. I have a 45-70 for that. :laugh:

@fellmann You need to move over here with us.

Back