• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

930 Pistol Grip stock on 935?

Rosetime101

Copper BB
Preamble - So I bought a 935 last month and besides it being a little heavy I love it. Bought it mainly for waterfowl but want to take my 20 year old daughter for Turkey in the spring. Was given a brand new 930 Mesa Tactical Urbino pistol grip stock that has a shorter length of pull and its own buffer spring assembly.

Question - With the stock and spring being designed for the 930 any idea if there would be any complications in operation on a 935? Mesa Tactical says they do not know. I would assume it would be fine with 3” but not sure about 3 1/2”. Thanks in advance.

Have you installed the stock yet to see if it even fits? That would be my first move. I think it would be safe to use their buffer with 3" shells but I wouldn't have a clue about 3.5".

BTW, Welcome Aboard! :)

So i finally got around to installing the Urbino Stock on my 935. Fits but the bolt does not latch to the rear. Looks like it stops 1/2 short. 930/935 share the same buffer spring, tube and retainers. Spring bottoming out possibly?

Sounds like it--measure the depth of the pocket in both stocks and see how it compares...
upload_2020-4-8_15-31-51.jpeg
First of all, thanks for the help. I am about out of ideas. This pic may tell you more. Top is the stock 935 spring and tube bottom is the Urbino 930. O believe the shorter length isn’t allowing the bolt enough travel.

Do you know exactly how far the bolt is from full travel? Our Field ASR/CSP will get you about .35" more travel in the lighter position.

ASR-Field-Set.jpg

You certainly wouldn't be able to run 3.5" loads, but depending on the Urbino spring weight you may get away with 3". If it still doesn't have enough travel, coil clipping may get you the rest of the way, but will also further restrict the load options.

William

http://www.OR3GUN.com

Do you know exactly how far the bolt is from full travel? Our Field ASR/CSP will get you about .35" more travel in the lighter position.

ASR-Field-Set.jpg

You certainly wouldn't be able to run 3.5" loads, but depending on the Urbino spring weight you may get away with 3". If it still doesn't have enough travel, coil clipping may get you the rest of the way, but will also further restrict the load options.

William

http://www.OR3GUN.com

Thanks William - I have seen your products and actually thought about trying them on this. .35 may get me close but I will need to reassemble and check.

Cheers

You could measure compressed spring length by taking some threaded rod, a couple nuts, some washers and compress the springs on the rod then measure.

Back