• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

OK, my Christmas is officially over.
Everything came off well, and the whole family showed up, which is now 16.

I still have to scour the roaster, but it can soak overnight.
I've been on duty 13 hours!

Gee that was way out of focus....

Good Morning Mossberg Owners!
Happy post-Christmas afterglow to you all.

BTW That last fuzzy photo was of a medieval icon hanging at Hearst Castle, San Simeon, CA.
(Only digital pic of the baby Jesus I had on hand.) It's in the big bedroom right where the Baby Jesus can watch you having sex,
Hmmmmm… Not my idea of privacy.

Today is probably gonna be all leftovers and lounging. I bought my wife a new WiFi Blu-ray player and new discs to watch, and I got that going already. Now I must sit thru Downton Abby with her. After dinner. . . :zzz:

In the near future I will cast some more lead. I have a classic 16ga shotgun I haven't touched, that needs a complete overhaul. Also I came across some more AR parts :santa: and I still have this bare lower . . . so the beat goes on.

Good morning all. Another beauty of a day in paradise. High today should be mid 50s and partly cloudy. We might get some rain during the next 48 hours which would be fine with me.

I think today I'm gonna go check on the Concours as it is not parked at home. I'll start it, check the air in the tires, and give it a quick dust off.No ride, just use a duster.

I hope you all have a great day.

Good morning guys.

Perhaps today will be nice enough that I will want to work on my motorcycle, instead of sitting around behind the TV twiddling ammunition.

I've got lots of stuff loaded and it would be a good day to go shooting if it hadn't rained all night.

It would also be a good day to ride the motorcycle out to the shooting range.

It's only been out once this year and I still haven't fixed that business with the clutch correctly. But it goes like a rocket.

Filmmaker Michael Moore said this weekthat since two out of three white men voted for Trump in 2016, that means two out of three white men in America are "not good people," and "you should be afraid of them."

But it actually just proves that two out of three men in America are not queers, and would be perfectly willing to punch Michael Moore right in the nose for saying such a thing to their face.

Let him hide behind all the fat women who believe his bullshit.

Have a great day guys and be careful where you step because it's all around.

Morning all. We had some rain showers pass through a couple of hours ago and more should be here in a couple of hours from now. It's about 60 now and we should see about 65 by mid afternoon.

Isn't it ironic the left can say crap like Michael does and the news media does not have a problem with it. If someone said the exact same about any other group they would be tarred and feathered and run out of town.

On a nicer note, I did get to the Concours yesterday. I just started it and let it warm up, then wiped it down.

Hope you all have a great day.

Hey guys, we had a Christmas party for my wife's family tonite, and everyone's just gone home.
Now it's Miller time....

It was a lot of fun and all the kids had a ball with the dogs and fish.
We ate a lot of roast pork, fried chicken and frijoles rancheros, enchiladas, chocolate cake, and a boatload of snacks.

I'm glad you guys have had a good time this Christmas.

Our Christmas party(s) went over surprisingly well. Much better than I expected considering some of the past experiences. :sarcasm:

My wife had the week off on vacation and we have had a good time of it. But since she has to go back to work tomorrow, we're going to celebrate our anniversary this evening instead of tomorrow and I'm going to take her out to whatever restaurant she wants to go to.

Tomorrow makes our 19th anniversary, but we've been a couple for way more than 20 now.

Good morning fellas. It's cloudy and damp out, temp is 42. Yesterday we had rain off and on pretty much all day.

Cadd, glad your get together was a success.

John, happy anniversary to you and your bride.

I hope everyone has a fine day.

.....My wife had the week off....Tomorrow makes our 19th anniversary, but we've been a couple for way more than 20 now.

Congratulations John. It took us 13 years to go do the paperwork and get married but we moved together Oct 10, 1989. 30 years ago and the thought is vaguely disturbing, as an indicator of advanced age.

When folks get married in Fresno county they must pay a spousal abuse abatement fee.
Of course this is prejudicial against married folks, because unmarried people fight too.
Just another excuse for the govt to steal money by any means.

And Good Morning Mossberg Owners.
Today was supposed to be nice enough to go shooting this afternoon, but it appears the opposite will be true. Still, a sunny day to you all!

From the party, my wife's cousins and relations diverse.
20191228_225955.jpg

Good morning all. 41 and sunny in northeast Oklahoma this morning. Looks like another beautiful day in paradise.

Nothing like kids and grandkids to remind us we are advancing in age.

You guys have a great day and be safe.

You can say that again. I know compared to a few of you guys, I'm like a spring chicken, but my grandbabies often treat me like I'm the baby LOL

"Be easy with pappaw, he's old"

"Here pappaw, hold my hand while we cross the street so YOU don't get ran over" LOL

"Pappaw can't catch me" (and they're usually right LOL)

'Mornin' Pawpaw. ;) . . . .and good morning to all you old geezers!

My grandkids are all too old to toss around much, the youngest granddaughters being 12 this year.

But the eldest girl is in college with 6 more to follow, and I expect another wave of kids to start in about 6 years.

Hopefully I'll still be here to see it happen.

I went shopping last eve and picked up some new Lyman calipers, a pound of CFE-223 powder, and a new Remington (of Hon Jing China) gun rest, and the Hodgdon 2019 reloading guide supplement. Also another Leupold AR 30mm scope mount that looks 1/10" taller than my current one and was half off.

I'm gonna go measure it this AM and change it or save it for the pending AR bolt gun.

Good morning Mossberg owners.

@John A. She's been retired for a year-and-a-half now and I've been retired almost three years.

I will tell you this sir. If the rest of the United States did not exist and there was just California and a big ocean I would still want to live here rather than Mexico, Canada or any other country I can think of.

People used to tell me what a wonderful place New Zealand is but they all just gave up their guns.

As much trouble as it is to deal with the California gun rules, I suspect it is probably easier here to get a legal gun than in any country in the world.

The fact that our educational leaders are choosing/allowed to experiment on/with the largest population of public school children in the world would be disturbing in its own right.

Radical experiments should be performed only on small populations, at need, unless you have data that supports more.

But our Educators really don't know how to address the current ssues. They're faced with the situation that children will almost automatically ignore teachers who are less engaging than the current crop of YouTube Heroes.

Well we can't blame YouTube because that's a sacred cow so we must blame racism!

Good morning Mossberg owners.

@John A. She's been retired for a year-and-a-half now and I've been retired almost three years.

I will tell you this sir. If the rest of the United States did not exist and there was just California and a big ocean I would still want to live here rather than Mexico, Canada or any other country I can think of.

People used to tell me what a wonderful place New Zealand is but they all just gave up their guns.

As much trouble as it is to deal with the California gun rules, I suspect it is probably easier here to get a legal gun than in any country in the world.

The fact that our educational leaders are choosing/allowed to experiment on/with the largest population of public school children in the world would be disturbing in its own right.

Radical experiments should be performed only on small populations, at need, unless you have data that supports more.

But our Educators really don't know how to address the current ssues. They're faced with the situation that children will almost automatically ignore teachers who are less engaging than the current crop of YouTube Heroes.

Well we can't blame YouTube because that's a sacred cow so we must blame racism!

Sorry Cadd, this is a little off the subject of this thread but i couldn't remember where I read your post about reloading and sealing your lead against corrosion. I just had an idea about that when I got out some several years old lead bullet loads of the 45 auto flavor. Some have some white corrosion on them. It wipes off easily but why should that be necessary if you prep them properly? Right? What about vacuum sealing them? It is just a thought. Do you think it is worth the trouble? The plastic bags can be re-used if you are careful how you cut them open. What do you think?

If you are familiar with the swedish military 9mm m/39B round, i am happy to announce that a friend.. might.. have found an old stash of both the m/39 and m/39B :D and he will share some m/39B with me. Yes, they are old / not manufactured anymore, but its the real deal and a kickass round :D I will probably save the most and have it ready for a potential future SHTF event :D First i post a vid for those who are not familiar with it and then two pics from the stash. The m/39B is packed in 36 rnd boxes ( For the Swedish K submachine gun )

IMG-20191229-WA0001b.jpg

IMG-20191229-WA0002b.jpg

Last edited:
Back