• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Good morning all, partly cloudy and warm this morning. We are forecast to have potentially strong thunderstorms later today and then perhaps snow tonight. Looks like a 30-40 degree temperature difference today and tomorrow. This is more like last March weather then mid January.

Cadd, I did a little checking as I'm sure you have as well, that model 52 could be worth a considerable sum of money depending on the usual things. Age, condition, and so forth.

I went to an auction yesterday but did not buy any guns. I only bid on two, a ruger synthetic rifle chambered in .270, and a Marlin 783 .22 wmr. I did however pickup a fairly good set of Chevy hubcaps from the 60s. They will go on ebay and or Craigslist.

You all have a great day.

Off to the range today....more later....
Yes, please :) I was about to do some PPC shooting today but realised i had no ammo left. No, m39b is earmarked for home defence :D

Still same warm/cold/warm/icy/slippery weather...

Here is a Swedish knifemaker that might interest some of you.. maybe.. ( Custom Knives - expensive ) Link: https://www.andreandersson.com/

beneath-the-ocean.jpg

Have a great day everybody...

Last edited:
Thank you Fellmann. It's a cold range and we're at Cold range so I'm reporting on the chronograph and my loads which all seem to be working pretty good. My best load for the 308 so far had a standard deviation of only six! Total spread was only 15 ft per second in five shots.

I'm shooting 5 shot groups through the chronograph and then I'm going to shoot 5 shot groups for accuracy at distance. That's because I made 10 rounds of each distinct formula. ;)

Good morning all. Cold here, for us, and snow showers. It's 27 , -2 for Fellman, and the forecast calls for a high of 33.

Fellman, those are beauties, the blade and sheaths. Some folks are very talented, me not so much.

Cadd, thanks for the report. Sorry about the chronograph. I'd bet that is not uncommon at all.

Have a great day everyone.

Good morning Mossberg owners Shooters lovers collectors scrapers scrubbers re-bluers rebarrelers loaders decorators accurizers buyers sellers and general aficionados!

Can you tell that I am happy today?
1578726737634216837261.jpg
And after running rounds for over 6 hours I finally shot a .55 MOA group of 5 yesterday, and I now know how to make it even tighter.

I don't think very many of you, particularly new shooters, can really understand what this means to me because up until a couple of years ago I had the world's worst eyesight.

But since I had the intraocular lens transplant my world has changed a lot! Certainly my physical view of it has changed and in every way for the better.

Anyhow I put up some photos in the range report room so you can see my bragging rights.

Today I am going to let my leg recover a little bit from hiking up and down the hill. Somehow 228 yards is much shorter for the bullet than the Human.

And I'm going to send photographs to my friends who own Target rifles to make them anxious to go shooting!

Good morning. It's cloudy and 32, but dry. We had some much needed rain Friday, but only a skiff of snow yesterday. The really bad storms missed us as well. We will have our share of those soon enough.

Cadd, nice shooting. It's extra special for you on a personal level. It is so easy to take things for granted every day. I think good vision is one of those things.

Have a great day everyone.

Thank you @meanstreak, it is indeed a big deal to me to be able to do this because of my eyes, and because in retirement I have the time and I can actually afford the cost.

It appears that I am going to get to go shooting again tomorrow, so I am busy reloading rounds that I hope will provide even better performance.

I may not always be this lucky so I'm going to get while the gettin's good.

Good morning all you Mossberg affaciandos. Fair skies and 35 this morning.

I'm headed to Omaha later this morning. My daughter-in-law, who is from the Philipines, is supposed to become a U.S. Citizen tomorrow. This has been a very long ordeal for her and my son and is a once in a lifetime event. I am excited and happy for her. I plan to drive home Wednesday.

You all have a great day.

Good morning gentlemen. I hope all is well for each of you.

we had some unseasonably warm weather over the weekend coming up from the gulf, and it stemmed a tornado somewhere south of us a little in Claiborne Co, TN. I haven't heard of injuries, but they said it touched down so maybe there were some or property damage. I know that the tornado warning/seek shelter alert came over my wifes phone which did unnerve me and we all headed down into the basement for a while. So, say some prayers for those in NE TN and SW VA, and SE KY region because it was pretty rough for a while. https://www.wymt.com/content/news/P...-in-Claiborne-County-Tennessee-566913111.html

Good morning everyone. It's cloudy but a balmy 50 degrees this morning. Looks like a slight cool down is on our way, probably tomorrow.

My trip to Omaha was good. My daughter-in-law is now a US citizen. The ceremony was short, but interesting. It was also a short trip. I left Tulsa at 9:30 am Monday and got back last night at 10.

Have a great day and be safe.

Good morning Mossberg owners.
@John A. , the weather reports I have been seeing for back East look pretty cold and wet so that was unexpected.

It has been a really long time since I heard an air raid siren or a tornado siren. The air raid siren was a drill of course because we didn't have Air Raids in Utah and luckily we never had a tornado in Minnesota.

But the Cuban Missile Crisis was only one of a number of alert siren events on the bases where my dad served for 30 years. After that upbringing I had no problem living right next to the railroad tracks. The Southern Pacific ran 100 yards from my bedroom window. A T & S F had rights on the same line. Also Amtrak LOL.

It was a nice apartment for the money I can tell you because nobody wanted to live there.

@meanstreak , my congratulation to your daughter in law. You know that only a small percentage of American citizens can actually pass the citizenship test and I think that even though we cannot all pass it we should all be required to take it just so that we will know where we stand.

My wife was a California school teacher and retired with a pension, but I'm sure she cannot tell you how many people there are in Congress nor how they are elected in the various methods used thru our history.

I'm sure she knows that there are 50 states but I don't think she could tell you the original 13.

I guarantee she could not tell you what the Great Compromise was Nor how it was reached nor why it exists.

I doubt that she could name more than two people who signed the Declaration of Independence.

Another nothing-happens-dull-day.. except...

I found out that a German Dornier bomber crashlanded in the outskirts of my city, Skelleftea, Sweden, on july 13th, 1941. The aircraft was a Dornier Do 17, which earlier the same year had participated in the fighting in Crete and after being damaged was transferred to Luftwaffe's reconnaissance unit Fernaufklärungskette Lapland, Norway.

The Germans had permission from the Swedish government to establish a courier route across Sweden. The agreement was that the Germans were allowed to fly only non-military civilian aircraft and with unarmed personnel. This was not always followed...

The crew consisted of Lieutenant Karl Hasslach ( picture # 3 ), the Oberfeldwebel Kuns, and the flieger Baumgarten, and they had been on their way from Olso, Norway to Rovaniemi, Finland when they experienced som fuel/engine problems.

The German crew was accommodated at Skelleftea city hotel to be able to monitor the dismantling of the aircraft. The crash occurred during that period of the war when Germany was still seen as the likely winner of ww2. And at the City Hotel's food service in Skelleftea, the interest in having dinner at a table next to the German guests was so great that an unofficial queue list was set up.

After almost a week, on the last day before departure, Hasslach invited those who had worked on the dismantling on a cognac, after which the crew traveled to Finland to join the German troops there. The Dornier plane departed with the ship SS Hestia from Skelleftea harbor with destination Germany.

plane1.jpg

The unit insignia of Fernaufklärungskette Lapland is seen on the side of the plane ( white cross with rising sun )

plane.jpg

Karl.Hasslach.jpg

remains.jpg

Last edited:
Good morning everyone. Cloudy and chilly this morning.

Fellman, thanks for posting the pics. We can never let history disappear. Thanks again for sharing.

Cadd, unfortunately you are correct in your assessment. Too many folks take our nation for granted, and the freedom it affords us.

Ya'll have a great day.

@fellmann The WW-II photos were amazing. Is that Dornier serial tag in your local museum?
I only have a few souvenirs from that era...my dad's old medals, jack knife, ID cards and military brass, and a Mk-2 combat knife.

Those Andersson knives are too rich for me! When I spend that much, there will be a big rifle already attached to the handle!

BTW, I went to look at an old M1 Garrand and a S&W 645 at the local auction co Thursday, but both sold for lots more than I would spend.
$650 for the very clean pistol and $900+ for a rifle so dirty the action just jammed the first time some idiot tried to rack it. I went home empty handed.

Today looks so nice I'm going to take the bike out. We had heavy rains Thursday night and I wasn't expecting this sun.
(This pic was 2 years back...)
bagginplate.jpg

Another nothing-happens-dull-day.. except...

I found out that a German Dornier bomber crashlanded in the outskirts of my city, Skelleftea, Sweden, on july 13th, 1941. The aircraft was a Dornier Do 17, which earlier the same year had participated in the fighting in Crete and after being damaged was transferred to Luftwaffe's reconnaissance unit Fernaufklärungskette Lapland, Norway.

The crew consisted of Lieutenant Karl Hasslach ( picture # 3 ), the Oberfeldwebel Kuns, and the flieger Baumgarten, and they had been on their way from Olso, Norway to Rovaniemi, Finland when they experienced som fuel/engine problems.

The German crew was accommodated at Skelleftea city hotel to be able to monitor the dismantling of the aircraft. The crash occurred during that period of the war when Germany was still seen as the likely winner of ww2. And at the City Hotel's food service in Skelleftea, the interest in having dinner at a table next to the German guests was so great that an unofficial queue list was set up.

After almost a week, on the last day before departure, Hasslach invited those who had worked on the dismantling on a cognac, after which the crew traveled to Finland to join the German troops there. The Dornier plane departed with the ship SS Hestia from Skelleftea harbor with destination Germany.

View attachment 22542

The unit insignia of Fernaufklärungskette Lapland is seen on the side of the plane ( white cross with rising sun )

View attachment 22543

View attachment 22544

View attachment 22545

I'm not a collector of anything but a little dust. But in 72 when my Mom's Dad, my Grandpa Albert, passed away Mom was given a box of items including a picture of a cowboy (a real one) on an old west slab with his Yellow Boy at his side. He was my Grandpa's sidekick while they worked on a ranch in Wyoming. Also were some other pictures and an original box of 45 acp, WWI era. Headstamped 1919. I have 35 of these cartridges. The box has rotted away. I fired one several years ago and they fire perfectly...at least that one did. I am not a history buff but I thought this memorabilia is worth keeping. I gave everything else back to my Mom's sister after Mom died in 89.

1911 ammo_1.jpg
1911 ammo_2.jpg

Back