• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Replacement sights for Mossberg 835 cyl. bore slug barrel?

Hello everyone,

I have a 90800 cyl. bore barrel with rifle sights on my 835. With my old eyes, I'm having trouble seeing the front sight in the early dawn hours and late dusk. Is there a way to change them to fiber optic sights? If the front sight can be removed, how is it done? I appreciate your patience and help! Thank you all!

The front sight just unscrews, assuming you have a white ball for the front.
I have this set up on my 410, but it would work on the 835, and it's nice n bright...

http://www.amazon.com/HiViz-TriViz-Fiber-Optic-Turkey/dp/B0000V2HCI

The front gets attached by reusing the ball to hold it in place along with the supplied doublestick tape.

Williams Fire Sights are also an excellent choice....

http://www.williamsgunsight.com/gunsights/shotgun.htm

Thank you for your reply.

There is no white ball, this is on the 90800 cyl. bore slug barrel, which has an iron rifle sight that appears to be soldered in place.

Looks like this ......
0d8e7wj.jpg

Wow @ripjack13 ,

I've been called a lot of stuff before, but never that.

@Mad Scientist , is your front sight blade one solid piece or is it a two piece set-up joined with a dovetail? My 590A1 front blade is a two piece and I replaced the factory blade with a fiber optic...

If yours is a two piece there should be a few aftermarket options. If it is a one piece, you could cut a dovetail into the ramp or have it done by a competent gunsmith/machinist although parts and labor will likely cost as much as a replacement barrel...

Hmmm...it doesn't look soldered. Is there any screws on the top of the sight holding it to the barrel?

I'm only seeing clip on sights in my search. Probably not what you can use though either....

do you know the location of a good gunsmith? Maybe they can mill out a dovetail in top of that existing sight. then you would have a butt load of options for either fiber optic or light tubes....

That front ramp does limit your options a bit.

The glow paint would definitely be a simple solution. Having a dovetail milled is also a viable solution, but I would imagine that the labor plus parts for a new sight blade could end up costing as much or more than a new barrel. Have you looked at Mossberg's other 835 barrel options? A completely new barrel should only run around $150 when ordered direct...

I am having the same issues however the front sight does have a dovetail and I am able to take it off or move it left and right.

What replacements are available?

Screenshot_20200209-091450.png

Back