• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Next pistol suggestions

fellmann

Esoteric
Supporter
Im starting to plan for the next pistol to get and need suggestions from you pro's. :D

I would prefer a type of service / duty pistol that always work in wet, dry, hot and cold conditions.
You can suggest revolvers too if you have something awesome in mind.

I would prefer a 9mm but are open for .40 and .357

fellman, I suggest you get your hands on a Sig Sauer model 2022 in either 9mm or 40SW
Sig offers the model in sig.357. It is a polymer base handgun, and when I said get your hands on one , I meant hold one.
They have 3 sizes of back straps that can/will tailor the pistol to your grip.
Mine is in .40, wasn't looking specifically for a .40 or a particular brand. Like you,RELIABILITY was the key factor.
9mm ammo is easier to find and cheaper and the performance between 9 and.40 isn't IMO worth arguing.
The 2022 is moderate in size and conceals well for me (I'm portly and sort of long in the torso)

I'd go with one of the Sig models if given the choice. Me personally, a SIG P226. I like all metal guns. Just can't always afford them.
As mentioned ....... Next would be a Glock or M&P model.

Yes...budget is a definite factor! I have a Sig P220 .45 and love it but they don't usually come cheap! But, between Sig, Glock and M&P...there are quality guns to be had at any price level.

Your best bet is to go to the local gun store and handle many, fit is important and it has to fit you not somebody else. If you have a place local that you can try them, all the better. My recommendations to try are 1) Glock 17 or 19 (some people do not like the grip angle), my Glock 17 has 160,000 rds through it with only spring changes. 2) HK -VP9 grip has good adjustment gun is a solid platform, 60,000 rds. 3) S&W M&P9 fits a lot of people.

I already have a Glock.. a 17 gen 5..
Bought it 3-4 months ago ( on friday i pass the 1000 rnd mark ) Unemployed and low on money equals always low on ammo :D
One option is go failsafe and get another Glock :D ..maybe a 26, 19 or a 45/19x maybe
I dont have that luxury to to go to my gunstore and handle everything that feels interesting because up here ( north of Sweden ) most dealers are focused on hunting and pistols are bought and sent up from bigger dealers in the south or are relayed from the US :/
I thank you all for all input you give me

Last edited:
There are so many options out there for a good handgun. I have been noticing that many of the pistols coming in from Turkey are exceptional quality. Within the last several years, I have ended up purchasing 5 different firearms imported from Turkey and have been well pleased with all of them.

I haven't purchased a new handgun in a long time, though recently I put a sig p365 in layaway for a new concealed carry pocket gun to replace my trusty.38 S&W snubnose in hopes that I can increase my effective range, and capacity without adding much bulk or weight. But it's not a service size handgun by any means. The p365 is what I consider a micro size.

One thing that I am liking about many of the sig models is that you can swap out the grip/frame with different models. Like the P365 micro for instance will swap out to a compact style grip of the p365XL while keeping the 3" slide giving you a full size grip and short compact package.

Back