• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Good morning you rascals. It's snowing this morning and 32 degrees. The weather girl says we could get 4 to 8 inches during the day into this evening. This is a bit unusual for us. I am watching traffic outside and it is moving slowly. Folks here don't have to deal with this often.

You all have a great day and be safe.

Good morning guys. I've been up the biggest part of the night. I'll sure to be taking a nap later.

We've had torrential rain since about 7PM last night and have flood warnings through Friday night til 1AM.

I have about 10 inches of water in my back yard right now. I have drains (which are working) but it's raining so much that they just simply can't keep up right now. Weatherman said that weather radar estimates my town had 4.5" of rain since midnight and I think that's a little low.

And the weatherman is now saying that the rain is supposed to slack off by about 9AM, but is expecting the cold front to freeze and start snowing early tonight through Saturday.

So, if all of this freezes, it's going to be bad.

The weight of the ice will cause power lines to fall. Roads to be treacherous.

I'll be going to get some milk and bread in about an hour.

DSCF1107.JPG

Good morning all. 4 inches of snow fell from the system that went through yesterday for us. It's cloudy and 30 as I type. Should have a high around 40 later and start to see a bit of the sun.

John, I'll keep my fingers crossed and keep your area in my thoughts and prayers for ya over there. I know it goes without saying you are prepared and will be as safe as you can. Mother nature has to keep reminding us that she is in charge. G.et some rest if ya can, sounds like you are not out of the woods yet.

The rest of yous stay as safe as can be

Our power has been out for about 3 hours. Genny's are gassed up and carburators are primed in case it takes them much longer for the fridge and deep freezers.

Massive amounts of flooding locally guys. They're evacuating several small towns. Sunshine to name one. The upper flood gate closed to the city of Harlan. They have deemed a state of emergency. Many access roads are flooded and inaccessible.

My Mom and sister and her family are blocked in with road flooding but their houses are well above flood levels. I talked to Mom this morning, they're good on food and stuff and gas for their genny's if they need it. (I love my momma).

upload_2020-2-6_11-27-41.png

upload_2020-2-6_11-28-4.png

upload_2020-2-6_11-31-28.png

upload_2020-2-6_11-31-55.png

upload_2020-2-6_11-32-54.png

upload_2020-2-6_11-33-10.png

upload_2020-2-6_11-37-6.png

upload_2020-2-6_11-37-28.png

The street my middle son lives on. He is in flood levels. His back yard is flooded up to the bottom of his basement. But the house itself is up on a 10 ft tall foundation so he's OK because he doesn't store anything in the basement specifically because of this.

upload_2020-2-6_11-34-2.png

Face book posts with trailers floating down river. I don't know if it's the same trailer or not but they are different people posting.

https://www.facebook.com/timothy.price.3939/videos/1734422776693443/

https://www.facebook.com/jimmynapril.browning/posts/1312521548947005

News media videos
https://www.wymt.com/content/news/W...loodwaters-in-Harlan-County-567621531.html?re

evacuations:
https://www.wymt.com/content/news/B...o-evacuations-in-Harlan-County-567616721.html

Good morning all. Sunny and high 20s this morning. Our snow is mostly a memory now. Just a few patches left, and it will be gone before nightfall.

John, the pictures are worth a thousand words. It's hard to imagine a flood unless one sees it firsthand. That looks like many areas around here last spring. Thoughts and prayers to all affected.

I think we got about 5 inches of rain. Combined with the ground already being saturated, just runs off and can't soak any more into the ground. A dusting of snow this morning with 1-2 inches expected throughout tonight. Snowing now, with some ice mixed in.

My goofy neighbor came up to the house yesterday complaining about some water in his *detached* garage. Implying that it was something that I caused from digging in the back of my house several years ago. That didn't sit well with me and I brought up the irony that entire homes and buildings were floating down the river and he complains about a half inch of water seeping up from the back corner of his garage !?!

He talked about how anyone disturbing the ground could change the flow of the water and it didn't do that before.

This is where I told him that with both he and I being at the bottom of the mountain, all that runoff from above us is just follows gravity and has been following that rule since the mountain existed and will long after we're both gone.

I told him there are 45 houses farther up the hill than mine that has probably kicked over a rock or bulldozed a house seat or dug a foundation or installed a septic tank and had to lay the spoils somewhere since 1841 long before I ever moved in. And just to drive the point home, I reiterated that the storm runoff that affects him, me, and the neighbor beside of me, doesn't originate on my property either.

I honestly don't understand people sometimes. Granted he's probably almost 80 and I was more patient with him than I would be with most anyone else out of respect but gee whiz.

Good morning Mossberg owners.

John I hope you guys aren't going to float off the footings!

I remember some minor flooding when I was in Kentucky for the winter of '64 or '65. My mom told me that the Licking River and Ohio River used to flood a lot when she was a kid, but not so much anymore.

We've been hoping for some more rain here because our ponds are almost dry and they should be almost full by now.

There is three feet of snow at the ski resorts 7000' up above us. That will give us some recharge in the reservoirs come summertime, but it's definitely not enough when there should be 10 ft of snow up there.

For a while we lived in a 8'x48' trailer out in the desert of Arizona. One day we had torrential rains and the next day there was water flowing over the highway into a normally Dry River. Our trailer was many feet above the water level, as this trailer park was built on the only hill around.

I wish you folks all a dry and safe weekend. Going to try and stay out of trouble my own self!

G'morning. Snowprise this AM.
Drone shot of my mansion?

158e95aef23459a920e04d225a7febb7.jpg

Sent from my LG-LS777 using Tapatalk

Full disclosure :
I don't live in a mansion; that pic was taken from my apartment balcony.
My only drone wouldn't carry a camera.

Good morning all. Sunny here and about 40.

John, some neighbors are never happy and all of their problems are someone elses fault. It's their nature.

Scoop, that looks like what we woke up to a couple of mornings back. It's all gone now. Our ground is also soaked for now.

Cadd, those flash floods in Arizona and other places out west can be pretty scary.

You all have a great day.

Good Evening From the CaddmannQ McMansionette. I've been re-hanging the cabinets in my garage, and it's all a big mess now. These were from my old kitchen, and they still match the utility room. I took them down gently and hung them quickly in my garage to preserve them from the demo squad during remodeling. They were crooked and didn't quite come together, or align in any way at the skinny cabinet, and they all leaned forward, as the wall does a bit. I used a minimal number of screws. I didn't care at the time because I knew that someday I'd be trimming them out. First I had to empty them, loosen/remove the screws, shore them up evenly and align them with a temp board.

Resized_20200208_142054.jpeg

Once everything was aligned I could cut some tapered shims to get them tight to the wall, but leaning back a smidge. I screwed them up tight fixed up the trim & even touched up the stain a bit. They look a lot better and hang evenly and straight. Those cabinets originally came off of 3 different walls.
Resized_20200208_194318.jpeg

I still must put up pegboards, make a hose rack, install mop hangers, & do something over the compressor. The sailor clock works ok & covers an ugly patch.

Good morning you all. Cloudy today. We had rain last night and more forecast for tomorrow. Temps in the mid 40s. Not all that bad all things considered.

Today is errand day.

Cadd, you sure stay busy. What a difference though. You cabinets look great.

Good morning from the Sunny, but slightly frosty San Joaquin.

I hope you folks are all staying warm and dry.
Clear and a cold 34F here this AM and my shooting buddies both canceled out on me.
Perhaps that was lucky. My knee was looking forward to a break, but I have a third coat of plastering to do around the electrical. Plaster has been drying all night.

Yesterday I built a hose rack and replumbed the compressor.
One of the big pegboards is up, and all my things are back in the cabinets.
I still need to make a mop rack and get a cart for my wife's things.

Eventually the focus will shift to other walls. First, my overblown garage PC gaming station will come down, as I haven't used it in 2 years & need the room. I can play in other rooms now as well, but I don't need the distraction. I decided that having 13 devices on my network was silly, especially if 3 were totally obsolete.

Good morning you all. Cloudy today. We had rain last night and more forecast for tomorrow. Temps in the mid 40s. Not all that bad all things considered.

Today is errand day.

Cadd, you sure stay busy. What a difference though. You cabinets look great.

Thanks, Meanie. I would like to lounge more but I have to keep moving or my joints hate me after a day of inactivity. Also I was putting on weight again. I needed to go lift/move everything in my garage about 6 times!

Good morning everyone. Cloudy and rainy and 39 degrees. Not too bad for mid February. Not bad at all. We should be colder tonight, then start warming a bit for the weekend.

Good morning guys....
Well no snow in our sights, and temps in the 40s last night. Today is cool and sunny, in the 60s expected.
I have lots of cleaning left, but the garage is coming along OK.
I'll post some pix later.
Meanwhile, here's a shot I took from a west balcony off Hearst Castle. It was hazy and you can barely see the Pacific.
That tile roofed "cottage" was where Patty Hearst lived before she joined the SLA.
PIC00044.JPG

Back