• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Good morning all. Sunny skies and 22 degrees. High today will only be in the low 30s then down into the teens tonight. Looks like a great weekend though with 60s, and even low 70s Monday.

Cadd, I remember the Patty Hearst saga well. It was an unusual time back in the late 60s and early 70s. Lots of unrest, by many of the same folks that are causing so much upheaval these days.

I hope you all have a great day.

Good Morning Meanie...

I am still working on the garage. Too messy to take photos.
Lots still to do. Today I'm building shelves for my small cutting tools
My garage is a total mish-mosh. Wood tools and steel cutting tools all mixed up.
It's my dream to get it straightened up enough that I don't struggle so much.
I normally work in a world of clutter and inconvenience.

Anyhow, it's another lovely day in the neighborhood. Sunny, calm and cool.

I have tomorrow's big valentine hidden in my tool cabinet for my sweetie. ;)

Good Evening From the CaddmannQ McMansionette. I've been re-hanging the cabinets in my garage, and it's all a big mess now. These were from my old kitchen, and they still match the utility room. I took them down gently and hung them quickly in my garage to preserve them from the demo squad during remodeling. They were crooked and didn't quite come together, or align in any way at the skinny cabinet, and they all leaned forward, as the wall does a bit. I used a minimal number of screws. I didn't care at the time because I knew that someday I'd be trimming them out. First I had to empty them, loosen/remove the screws, shore them up evenly and align them with a temp board.

View attachment 22623

Once everything was aligned I could cut some tapered shims to get them tight to the wall, but leaning back a smidge. I screwed them up tight fixed up the trim & even touched up the stain a bit. They look a lot better and hang evenly and straight. Those cabinets originally came off of 3 different walls.
View attachment 22624

I still must put up pegboards, make a hose rack, install mop hangers, & do something over the compressor. The sailor clock works ok & covers an ugly patch.
Looks like my bedroom...no wait, my liv...no, the bedroom for sure.

Good morning everyone. Woke up to sunny skies and 20 degrees. Now the warm up begins. High 40s this afternoon, then high 50s low 60s over the weekend and low to mid 70s Monday.

I hope you all have a great weekend.

Happy Valentine's Day, Mossberg Owners.
This is one of my favorite holidays.
It all about me and the mrs indulging ourselves.

And I'll take a day off from the garage while the finish on my shelves dries.

BTW, if you folks think California is a tough place to live, people are moving back from Oregon and Washington.
You don't hear this in the news, but I hear it locally, and today it was in our paper.

Anyhow, lovely weather today as per usual. you all have a nice one.

Howdy Mossberg dudes and dudettes, Happy Valentines Day. Wow, it's too cold here to have a massacre so I'm stayin home and loadin some ammo for next year. Then I am going to finish off this pot of pintos and smoked bacon. I'm easy to please. I think I will watch some 70's movies. I need a nice nap and that should knock me right out.

Good morning MOers. What a difference a day makes. Yesterday at this time our temp was 20 degrees, this morning it's 39 and rising.

We are going to go up to the lake later today to check the place up there. We don't get up there but a couple of times in the winter. We'll head home tomorrow late afternoon.

I hope you all have a great weekend.

Good Morning From the Laboratory of sawdust and gunpowder.
I got all the metal chips cleaned up & now I've gotta get the sawdust and gunpowder.

Valentine's day came off well and virtually no work got done in the garage.
Today I will glue up the shelves I've been making and hang them.

It's a nice sunny morning and cool with slight overcast.
I'm gonna spend it in the shop.

@meanstreak Would the GL of the C be frozen over by now?
Everything over 5000' here would be, but this low there's nothing but light morning frost.
Our local ponds are low, but there are still waterfowl on them.

Well the stain on my shelf almost dried and I got it assembled and hung on the wall today.
20200215_183227.jpg
This is what it is and looks like what it looks like because of what it was made from, which is old kitchen cabinet doors and drawer fronts..

Good morning all. It's kinda gloomy (cloudy skies) this morning, but 46 degrees isn't bad. We should get to 60 for a high. Not bad at all for mid February.

Well, the start of a new week is upon us. The sky did not fall last week and I don't reckon it will this week.

Anyways, have a great day and be safe.

Good morning Meanie... good morning all you Mossbergers. It's another lovely February day in Clovis.

I have a busy week ahead of me and I don't think I'm going to go shooting at all.

I have lots of cleanup planned for the garage and the Boatyard today and tomorrow. Tuesday I'm supposed to go and look at car and see an old friend.

Wednesday I'm going to start moving things around Preparatory to shed Construction and I'm also going to finish up the gate on the pet cemetery. I'll have to go by some more steel fence and some Ready Mix.

I'm really happy about the way things are starting to come together around here because when we moved in in 2002 it was a nightmare.

You all have a nice day and avoid bad dreams.

Good morning guys. This was one of the better weekends that I've had in a long time and I just wanted to share.

My oldest niece on my wifes side whom she about raised had her Baby Saturday evening. They had to do an Emergency C section because the baby wasn't dropping and they found out the umblical cord was wrapped around his neck but Momma and baby are doing fine now. Momma has had some complications but nothing too serious. Little guy looked a lot bigger than 6lb 12 oz and he was very alert while the nurses were getting him cleaned up and blood tests and listening to his heart and everything else they do.

Got up yesterday morning, went to church and had a really good time. Afterwards, I went up to my little sisters to help them with some things around the house, but while I still did help them around the house, it was a trick. While I was waiting for my brother in law to change into his work clothes, my Mom, niece, wife and youngest son came pouring in through the door. My first thought was something is wrong, but the look on my wifes face told me otherwise. Turns out, they got a pretty good one over on me with a surprise birthday party that I was not expecting.

So, we ate pizza and ice cream cake afterwards. I'm sure that didn't do anything for my figure but I'm not complaining. It was an exceptionally fun weekend with family all around.

Good morning you all. Cloudy and warm, 58 and heading up.

Cadd and John, sounds like you guys had busy but good weekends. Surprise parties and new, healthy babies are good John. Glad it all went well. Cadd, another busy week for you. When you get finished you are going to have lots of you time.

We had a good weekend as well. Saturday was a nice day, but we just hung around the house. Yesterday we brought home a new puppy. He is 8 weeks old today. We had to put our last little guy down last August, he was a 12 year old Sheltie. We missed him and thought the time was right for another furry friend. The new one is a Australian Shepherd male. We haven't named him yet but have a list.

Anyways, hope you all have a great day.

Thanks buddy. I'm sorry that you had to put down your Sheltie. I absolutely hate doing that. But I don't want to see them suffer either. I'm not proud to say it, but I have had to do that several times unfortunately.

New puppies are cute though. It just takes time to train them. But it's worth it.

Well I can't top that, John.
:perfect:
@meanstreak
Puppy pics ASAP please!

Good Morning mossberg Guys.

My day was spent moving dusty boxes and heavy gear. I decided to junk out an old PC I hadn't used in a while, but first I need to check it for data I might want to save.

Unfortunately, after I got it on line the video card fried. Must have had some light corrosion on the contacts, and when I moved it around and stood it up, I dislodged a connection, causing the board voltage to spike. Anyhow I smelled it, and before I could turn the chassis around and look, *poof*.

Today I'll swap the card, and try again. I don't think there's anything I need on this machine, except for a shop manual for the Nomad and maybe one for the Tacoma.

I still have lots of re-organization to do in the garage, before I start on the shed. All this is preparatory to working on my old cars. I don't have a lot of lounging about planned.

That doesn't mean lots of lounging won't get done though. I'll get my share. :clock:

Happy President's Day!

Good morning all. On my third cup of coffee since 5:30. The puppy and I were outside early this morning so he could take care of business. Of course he was in the mood to play . He finally has decided to take a nap. LOL.

It cloudy this morning with a temp of 44. Not bad but, the next couple of days do not look so nice. Cooler temps Wednesday and Thursday with a chance of snow early Thursday morning. It should not amount to much, just a dusting the weather girl says, but it's still snow.

I hope you all have a great day.

Back