• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Good morning guys.

Temps here have dropped since 6:45AM. I would guess it was probably 5-8 degrees warmer. Enough that it's a noticable difference. Rain/drizzle has moved in. Temps are supposed to drop more for the next several days up through the weekend when we get a heat wave that they estimate is supposed to get up to 50*. LOL

We really don't need more rain. The ground is still saturated. But that's what we're getting anyway.

I believe that I'm going to drive back out to the gun store this evening and put that little sig in layaway.

Good morning Mossberg Owners.

It's another nice day in the Golden State. I walked out to get the paper in my bare feet. Normally I don't go out barefoot, but the concrete walk was dry and it didn't get cold last night. Not below 45F anyhow.

I got my reloading bench moved yesterday, which doesn't sound like much, but I had to move a lot of heavy stuff first. I disassembled my old garage PC station and drafting table, and played doe-see-doe with several cabinets. I also built a shelf onto the loading bench to support my TV etc, and it was all built from leftovers from the remodeling. I still must reorganise my case prep stuff, as I lost space for my end-table add-on where I prep cases.

I have more shelves to build and lots of junk to recycle, but today I'm going to take off and see a friend in Reedley who's been building up an old car from the 50's.

I hope you rain-soaked Eastern fellows see some sunshine soon.

Good morning all. On my third cup of coffee since 5:30. The puppy and I were outside early this morning so he could take care of business. Of course he was in the mood to play . He finally has decided to take a nap. LOL. . . .

The dog internet goes off here when the paperboy shows up about 4:30~5:00 AM. Sometimes they wake me and othertimes not, but ours have an outdoor kennel. The weather is so mild we rarely house the dogs indoors at night.

But puppies are special, and so those 4:00 AM potty trips become the norm for a while.
They grow up so fast....

Good morning everyone. Sunny and 35 here this morning.Looks like a nice day in store for us.

Cadd, I had the 4 am puppy call this morning myself. He sure lets ya know when it is time, LOL. I got about 2 and a half hours of sleep before the next trip out. Now of course I am wide awake and he is asleep again. Funny how that works.

John, did you make it back to the gun store?

I wish you all the best the day has to offer.

LOL...about the time you retrain yourself, he'll stop waking.

Good Morning everyone!
I had a nice little trip out to Reedley CA yesterday.
Looked at some old vehicles and had a nice lunch at the House of Kebabs.

It's another nice day and we're looking to hit the mid 60's.
Today it's more cleanup work. I'll probably pour a little concrete.

Good morning everyone. Cloudy skies 37 degrees this morning. We were forecast to have some light rain or a dusting of snow but it all missed us, at least for the time being. Tomorrow morning this time we could be in the high teens. I don't look forward to that.

Have a great day and be safe.

Good morning Mossberg Owners.
Yesterday was a lovely 72F and sunny. We got a lot of work done in the boatyard yesterday, and it's been a long time coming.
Today we're going to pour a little footing for e steel gate/arbor and finish up on yesterday's cleanup.

It's supposed to be 74F and calm here today. The High Sierra mountain snowpack came early but is only half of normal. This stacks up to be another drought year for us unless we get some late snowfall.

Prez Trump was here in the Sunny San Joaquin Valley yesterday to promote farming and sign a new federal water bill to benefit the farmers. The farmers here were getting so wealthy that they had threatened the power of Hollywood and Frisco, who control the state. Then the state decided that farmers didn't need all that water, and started sending it out to sea, to revitalize the fish population. The fish just died anyway, because it's their time to go extinct.

Now perhaps, you will see things start to turn around in California, when farming and industry takes the government back from entertainment and organized pandering.

I am all for supporting wildlife, and spend a lot for the license to fish, but this was just a case of criminals flushing resources down the toilet to keep control of govt.

Just like the Pros in DC....

Good day all, and remember to eat right!

Ribbon winning produce at the Fresno Fair:
grapes.jpg

Good morning Mossberg owners. This is shaping up to be a strange morning already and it's only half past five.

I woke up an hour early today and it wasn't by choice. I'm not entirely sure what woke me up because it wasn't the usual barking at the paper boy.

Anyhow I felt a little weird and I couldn't go back to sleep so I got up and made a cup of tea and turned on the desktop, which is my main computer. Right away something weird happened.

My CD-ROM activated at boot up and pushed out the tray, which it normally does not do.

When Windows booted up I had no internet connectivity.

When I looked at the smartphone I had no Wi-Fi.

In fact my phone wouldn't work correctly until I turned off the Wi-Fi, even though mobile data was turned on.

So once I turned off my Wi-Fi the mobile data worked correctly and here I am.

For a minute or two . . . I've got to go plug in my phone. The battery is almost dead and I think it's been try to play with a broken Wi-Fi all night.

Either there's a wire broken in the DSL or my modem is dead.

I spent yesterday working on the house again and quite a bit was accomplished. Lots of sweeping, cleaning, spraying, & moving things about. We poured a little concrete for our arbor.

It goes in the pet cemetery, which is in the one sharp corner of our property that I called the Bermuda Triangle.

Until we started planting dead cats and fish there. For 18 years it's been our pet cemetery. The ashes of Ricky and Micky and Scotty, the dogs, are all there. Cats Pixy, Alley and Rusty are there. Bob the silver dollar and Morton the pleco, and several lesser fish are buried in those hallowed grounds.

In placing the arbor & the new fences we are tripling the size of the pet cemetary.

Phone is dying must run you guys have a good day....

Good morning everyone. Sunny skies this morning and 24 degrees. Fortunately there is no wind so it actually does not feel bad at all.

The puppy was needing to go out at 3 am, but did his job and back into the kennel for another 4 hours. Now we are in the morning play stage. I throw his toy so he has to run after it and I can type a sentence, LOL.

You all have a great day.

Well it wasn't any of my gear. SBC was just down all morning.

WiFi is working, I got my new tub doors all caulked in neatly, and now I gotta go secure some stuff from weather, as we have 60% chance of rain tonite!
WooHoo!

Also tropical fish are breeding like mad, and I have over 300 fry now. Boy are they hungry! If you enjoy feeding animals fish are fun to feed.
My strange morning is turning out to be a terrfic PM.

Good morning. Clouds and light rain this morning with a temp of 47 degrees. The forecasters say we could get a half inch today, we'll see.

We have a gun show in town today but I don't think I'll go. Then again, it is still early.

Anyways, I hope you all enjoy your Sunday.

Mornin' Y'all...
It finally sprinkled a bit here, but not much rain fell. OTOH they did get some snow on the mountains. Not much, but it will help.

Yesterday was my wife's birthday. She is 64 and now an official senior.
I took her to eat and go shoe shopping, but she was fixed on dirt. She wanted more potting soil, so a trip to Lowes produced bales of Kellog's Finest and some Cactus dirt, and half a dozen new ornamental plants of various sorts. Today she'll be potting away, and I will set up the new (ly repainted) arbor and pet cemetery fences. Then she can decorate that all while I continue to deal with the garage and the boatyard.

It a cool 50F right now, and may hit 70F today. Cleanup work continues....

good morning all. Cloudy and warm and the rain has ended.

Belated happy birthday wishes to Judy Cadd. The main thing is to remember. LOL.

Ya'll have a great day, gotta go check on the puppy.

Mornin all. I'm a little late but the weather wits for no man...predicted 8-12 inches of snow tonight through Wednesday. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

...predicted 8-12 inches of snow tonight through Wednesday....
:jester::jester::santa::jester::jester:
Maybe you'll find a new snowblower under the tree. :rolleye:
It's so nice here it's like a different planet, weather-wise.

Here it's 11PM and our WiFi was out most of the AM.

Yesterday I got the arbor, gates, and steel fences mounted on the pet cemetery. 8 anchor bolts, 8 brackets, 8 screws, 8 bolts w/ nuts, and a lot of fiddling to get it all square, level and plumb. I'll have to drypack the anchor bolts, but I put it off a day due to general laziness.

Today I painted a garage door, hung some things, reorganized the worst drawer in my toolbox, and re-mounted my wood vise. I also reconfigured my reloading press and trimming tools on the bench. It was so lovely out that my wife was also painting, and I BBQ'd a roast beef, Santa Maria style with hickory and applewood...

Mmmm...now I'm thinking about a midnight snack.

:jester::jester::santa::jester::jester:
Maybe you'll find a new snowblower under the tree. :rolleye:
It's so nice here it's like a different planet, weather-wise.

Here it's 11PM and our WiFi was out most of the AM.

Yesterday I got the arbor, gates, and steel fences mounted on the pet cemetery. 8 anchor bolts, 8 brackets, 8 screws, 8 bolts w/ nuts, and a lot of fiddling to get it all square, level and plumb. I'll have to drypack the anchor bolts, but I put it off a day due to general laziness.

Today I painted a garage door, hung some things, reorganized the worst drawer in my toolbox, and re-mounted my wood vise. I also reconfigured my reloading press and trimming tools on the bench. It was so lovely out that my wife was also painting, and I BBQ'd a roast beef, Santa Maria style with hickory and applewood...

Mmmm...now I'm thinking about a midnight snack.

Morning all, We got lucky. The snowstorm decided to head south for the winter. Life goes on as we know it...more or less.

Cadd, I'm jealous. Our landlord does not allow grills here. Too many dimwits, as I understand him. But it's low rent so I guess he is afraid of someone getting stupid or careless and lighting up in the living room. I am thinking of getting a small generator to run my smoker. I miss making my smoked sausages and jerky.

My reloading area is small but it is coming around. I got some bench plates from Lee so now I can switch presses a lot easier. I have an overload of components in coffee cans on the floor. I am finally loading them and getting them stacked. I need to hurry. My cheap plastic shelves do not hold the weight well. They are starting to look like the Leaning Tower of Pisa. Which reminds me...I think I will have Pizza for lunch. In the meantime, I have 38, 357. 9mm, 5.56 and 30-30 to load. I have bullets for the 38/357 on the way so I will start with the 30-30. They load easy and fast.

Good day to all. Chin up. spring is on the way.

Good morning MOers. Sunny skies and 38 this morning with a high later in the high 40s. We have a chance for rain showers this evening. Looks like a typical week here weatherwise, which is ok by me.

The puppy is doing well this week. Each day gets a little better as we get to know him and vice versa. Last night he slept for 7 hours without needing to go out. I like that. Now if we just continue, LOL.

Hombre, I don't envy you and the winter weather. 8-12 inches is what we get in 2 winters typically. That is one thing I don't miss about living further north.

Cadd, you are busier now than before you retired.

You guys have a great day.

. . . Cadd, I'm jealous. Our landlord does not allow grills here. . . . .

I routinely forget to thank God (my landlord) for my good fortune. In every manner. Oh I pay $100/mo property taxes to live here, but there's a paper in my fire safe that says this dirt is mine until I sell it or HE takes it away.

. . . The puppy is doing well this week. Each day gets a little better . . .
Cadd, you are busier now than before you retired.

My advice: take lots of puppy photos so you can remember when he gets big and sheds hair on your best sportcoat.

Folks, I am not really busier. Maybe I do spend more time talking about work. I truly lounge about more now, but I have more interesting things to write since I quit engineering. Also I am at a sort of tipping point where lots of plans are finally coming together at the same time.

I am supposed to go shooting Friday, but it is predicted to be 80F. I should go fishing. All the lakes are going to turn over this week.
What I will do is work on the garage some more. I still have much junk to haul off. Soon I will get started on the shed.

I hope the weather works out for you all. ;)

I routinely forget to thank God (my landlord) for my good fortune. In every manner. Oh I pay $100/mo property taxes to live here, but there's a paper in my fire safe that says this dirt is mine until I sell it or HE takes it away.

My advice: take lots of puppy photos so you can remember when he gets big and sheds hair on your best sportcoat.

Folks, I am not really busier. Maybe I do spend more time talking about work. I truly lounge about more now, but I have more interesting things to write since I quit engineering. Also I am at a sort of tipping point where lots of plans are finally coming together at the same time.

I am supposed to go shooting Friday, but it is predicted to be 80F. I should go fishing. All the lakes are going to turn over this week.
What I will do is work on the garage some more. I still have much junk to haul off. Soon I will get started on the shed.

I hope the weather works out for you all. ;)

Cadd, I thank Him for all I have, every day. I have so much now...more than I ever had. Not just material things...friends, a good place to live, even though the owners are a bit finicky, good food. When I ws homeless for 6 years, i never went without food, shelter and clothing to keep warm. He saw to it that I was taken care of.

Meanie, I would love to move to a warmer wintering area. Maybe someday...

Mornin’ fellow Mossbergers!

Haven’t been around in awhile so thought I’d say howdy and beat y’all to the punch this morning!! You guys usually get rollin’ too early for me.

Hope all is well.

Sooo, I’ll go back to bed now...LOL

Back