• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Doing it backwards, lol!

I've been posting since July, when I bought my Shockwave, but just realized I never introduced myself. So...

Hi, all!

I'm Rex. I learned to shoot a shotgun on my dad's old Mossberg. I hunted, and shot a bunch of trap and skeet with that old gun. Since then I've had Remingtons and Berretas (and an old, no-name, sawed-off side x side I inherited from Grandpa). The Shockwave attracted me back to Mossberg and I've been enjoying it immensely. I primarily consider myself a handgunner, but enjoy my long guns as well. Revolver, pump, bolt, break open, semi-auto, Evil Black Rifle... if it goes bang, I like it. I live in Texas, where 99% of the land is privately owned, so I don't get to hunt like I did when I lived in Oregon. So my guns get range time whenever possible. Otherwise, I'm playing with my son, customizing my car, riding my motorcycle, woodworking or cooking. (Oh, yeah... and I have to go to work, too.) I've been enjoying all the information and ideas on this forum.

Cheers!

:cheers:
Howdy, welcome to the club.
Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself.
Please, feel free to continue to chime in on any conversation, anywhere.

ripjack13

:welcome:

Hey hammer. Welcome to Mossberg Owners from E TN.
Would love to see some pix of your guns. I'd especially be interested in "no-name."
And I'd like to point out that there are a bunch of motorcycle riders aboard here, too. I just parked my Kaw after a ride in the mountains.

40.jpg

ca. 2011

index.php

The no-name is marked "Made in Brazil for FIE" on the side of one barrel, and "ERA made in Brazil" on the bottom. Grandad did a home chop job on the barrels and never bothered to do anything to the exposed cut ends. The cuts are ugly, yet beautiful in their own way. They are very "Grandad." The only change I made to it after Grandad died was to add a "light pipe" front bead, since he never even put a bead on the shortened sight rib.

49718514951_31eb7527d5_c.jpg

49717976913_dc231b2a8b_c.jpg

49717976928_437a64c0ea_c.jpg

49717977668_bd75f0f74d_c.jpg

Nice V-Strom...love the color scheme...the paint job is cool too..LOL! Looking to buy an Africa Twin myself in the next year or so.

Back