• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recoil Pad options for 590?

are the wood stocks completely different size???,I just recently bought the 590 retro with the wood furniture and the 10201 did not fit.

Based on the comments in this thread I bought a Limbsaver, and adapter for my 590a1 Magpul. For those that have converted what size screw did you use to attach the pad to the adapter? Contacted Limbsaver a few days ago and still haven’t heard from them.

Based on the comments in this thread I bought a Limbsaver, and adapter for my 590a1 Magpul. For those that have converted what size screw did you use to attach the pad to the adapter? Contacted Limbsaver a few days ago and still haven’t heard from them.
If I recall correctly, I just removed the pad that came on the adapter, and used the same screws to install the Limbsaver pad.

Last edited:
If I recall correctly, I just removed the pad that came on the adapter, and used the same screws to install the Limbsaver pad.

I just picked up my Beretta 1301 Tact. It had 2 sets of recoil pad screws. I'm sure those will work too.

Sorry, for the late response; I just saw this post.

For my limbsaver pad (I can't speak to anyone else's experience), there were no bolts provided.

I was installing a Remington 870 limbsaver recoil pad into the Magpul SGA stock, so my part #'s are likely a bit different from yours. I basically took the SGA stock to Home Depot and used trial-and-error to find bolts (not screws) that would fit into the stock's bolt holes. I then used a drill to enlarge the bolt hole openings in the limbsaver pad (they were too small as they came from limbsaver) and used the Home Depot bolts to secure the pad to the SGA stock.

I think I wrote about this issue in one of my posts (either on the Recoil pad thread or the SGA stock thread). I wasn't happy that limbsaver failed to provide the appropriate bolts, but it was an easy enough fix once I figured out the correct size.

Sorry, for the late response; I just saw this post.

For my limbsaver pad (I can't speak to anyone else's experience), there were no bolts provided.

I was installing a Remington 870 limbsaver recoil pad into the Magpul SGA stock, so my part #'s are likely a bit different from yours. I basically took the SGA stock to Home Depot and used trial-and-error to find bolts (not screws) that would fit into the stock's bolt holes. I then used a drill to enlarge the bolt hole openings in the limbsaver pad (they were too small as they came from limbsaver) and used the Home Depot bolts to secure the pad to the SGA stock.

I think I wrote about this issue in one of my posts (either on the Recoil pad thread or the SGA stock thread). I wasn't happy that limbsaver failed to provide the appropriate bolts, but it was an easy enough fix once I figured out the correct size.

No problem Fred245. Searched the internet and found the correct screw size from an 870 schematic. Went to Lowe's and bought the#2 Philips, 6 x 1". Was a bit concerned as it looked way to short. But it sits way down in the pad and the length was perfect. I did contact Limbsaver asking about the screw size and never heard back from them.

No problem Fred245. Searched the internet and found the correct screw size from an 870 schematic. Went to Lowe's and bought the#2 Philips, 6 x 1". Was a bit concerned as it looked way to short. But it sits way down in the pad and the length was perfect. I did contact Limbsaver asking about the screw size and never heard back from them.

Limbsaver makes a decent product, but their customer service is lacking.

Previously I bought a limbsaver pad for Mossberg's synthetic speed-feed stock...only found out after the purchase that the stock was not set up the same way as Mossberg's regular stock and would not accept limbsaver pads. An email to limbsaver got me responses of "it should fit" to "try other our other pads." Needless to say, I was not happy.

Not providing bolts for their recoil pad is a bit stupid and lazy on their part. But the pad works well, so I can't complain too much.

I will have to try that. I just pull it in hard and after a full day on the range i am still good but i am always open to new ideas

Limbsaver makes a decent product, but their customer service is lacking.

Previously I bought a limbsaver pad for Mossberg's synthetic speed-feed stock...only found out after the purchase that the stock was not set up the same way as Mossberg's regular stock and would not accept limbsaver pads. An email to limbsaver got me responses of "it should fit" to "try other our other pads." Needless to say, I was not happy.

Not providing bolts for their recoil pad is a bit stupid and lazy on their part. But the pad works well, so I can't complain too much.

Yes. Obviously you've never been to Shelton, WA. The people there have a little different attitude about people figuring things out for themselves. In fairness, there are a lot of ways to supply the wrong small parts...

Does anyone know if the retro wood stocks on the 590 & 500 have a direct replacement limbsaver or kickeez recoil pad for them ???

The slip-on limbsavers make shooting my 590a1 feel like i'm plinking with a .22. I bought one pad and I can use it on several different long guns. It's the least expensive, most versatile, and most comfortable option I've found so far.
absolutely,
Hey guys, curious if anyone has found a recoil pad that provides a little more of a buffer over the stock rubber pad. Shoulder gets a bit sore after a trip to the range :D

Will
Absolutely the Limbsaver, I have one on my Mossberg 835 Ulti-Mag Turkey, and also a Winchester SXP defender, makes all the difference in the world

Back