• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Loaded question

Shadowdog

.22LR
I remember reading some years ago about one of Mossberg's shotguns (going off old memory cells here) that you could hold the trigger down and cycle the forearm and pump rounds out.
What model was that?
Will the 590A1 do it?

I remember reading some years ago about one of Mossberg's shotguns (going off old memory cells here) that you could hold the trigger down and cycle the forearm and pump rounds out.
What model was that?
Will the 590A1 do it?
No need to. There is a small button like thingy you depress and shuck and jive the shells out. It is usually on the butt end of the trigger guard, left side IIRC.

mossberg-500-features-1.jpg

Last edited:
Daryll, you're right..hold action lock lever, hold trigger down, pump, learn new muscle memory...Would work maybe but holding the action lock lever would make it hard to do. But I read it somewhere, I swear..

Doing a bit of googling, it looks like the last shotgun that had the slam fire function was the Ithica model 37..and they stopped that in 1975 due to potential lawsuits

Back