• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Anyone Have a Lefty 590?

So I'm one of the weirdos who is right-handed but left-eye dominant, so my whole life (I'm 62) I've shot everything southpaw. I've never been bothered shooting guns made for righties (I actually prefer R-handed bolt guns), but I noticed that Mossberg is offering the 590 in L-handed.

Is there anyone here who is in a similar situation as me, who has tried the L-handed 590? If so, how did it compare?

Thanks!

Yup, me too. I shoot everything left, except pistol. Weird I know. I bat left. I shoot hockey left. But, I'm right handed and right side dominant in everything but my right eyeball apparently.

I have a lefty Rem 700 in 270 Win that I got by total fluke from a buddy who bought it from another fella that had no use for it. I love that gun. I am useless with a right hand bolt. I tried it for few years and just hated it. I always gravitated back to my 30-30 lever.I have a PCC that is ambidextrous, so I set that up left so I don't get shell casings in my collar or in my face. Everything else is right handed.

I've never tried a lefty shotgun but have never felt the need to. The ejected hulls never seem to interfere in any way for me. I would be happy to try/buy one just for the sake of having one.

My experience is that unless you are willing to wait and order what you really want in left hand...you often have to settle for what's available. One day I will have a beauty of a left handed custom rifle built.

Last edited:
I own a lefty 500 and as far as the internals go it’s the same setup as a RH shotgun-only difference is where the shell ejects. I had to order from the Mossberg site as there aren’t a lot of used options that I could find. I do own RH 590’s and the shell ejection of the right doesn’t interfere at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back