• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Hello from the People's Republic of California

I have never fired anything other than a Daisy 102 BB gun and that was almost 45 years ago. Assuming I pass background, I will pick up a Mossberg 930 SPX "Tactical" semi-auto shotgun next week. I'm signed up for a class on shotgun safety next month, however, are there any videos out there on how to use? Most of what I can find on YouTube are just reviews and the Mossberg website is a little lacking.

I'd like to show up to class at least knowing a little bit.

Thanks!

Welcome to MO from North of the 49th!

There are videos out there reviewing and showing the 930 in action. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with watching detailed reviews of the 930, especially if they get into breakdown and cleaning. A safety class is going to focus on the very basics anyway and your classmates will likely be greenhorns as well and have either pump or semi-auto shotguns.

You won’t feel comfortable until you handle the gun yourself and have shot it some and have spent time getting to know it’s function and that involves breaking it down, cleaning and getting familiar with the guts.

It’s a good time! Lol

Welcome to MO from North of the 49th!

There are videos out there reviewing and showing the 930 in action. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with watching detailed reviews of the 930, especially if they get into breakdown and cleaning. A safety class is going to focus on the very basics anyway and your classmates will likely be greenhorns as well and have either pump or semi-auto shotguns.

You won’t feel comfortable until you handle the gun yourself and have shot it some and have spent time getting to know it’s function and that involves breaking it down, cleaning and getting familiar with the guts.

It’s a good time! Lol

Thanks, man. Appreciate it. I am learning from the Youtube review videos. Looking forward to shooting it and building muscle memory.

Greg - Welcome to Mossberg Owners from E TN.
index.php

Howdy, welcome to the club.
Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself.
Please, feel free to chime in on any conversation, anywhere...
Cheers!
:cheers:

Back