• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Flashlights .. What's your EDC light

Hello, friends my choice of weapon and side person carry is the Streamlight Polytac Tactical. Its 275 lumens high, 275 lumens tactical strobe and 14 lumens low. Has 'Ten Tap programming to configure where you decide which light function comes on with each click of the real push button, and best of all Streamlights are lifetime warranty. Also before reading all the 5 star reviews all over the web on it I also contacted Streamlight by email their tech dept. because I wanted a 100% guarantee this light would handle the 12 gauge recoil and they said it will and has been lab tested at streamlight to prove it can.

IMG_20150926_072510-1.jpg

IMG_20150926_072518-1.jpg

Hello, friends my choice of weapon and side person carry is the Streamlight Polytac Tactical. Its 275 lumens high, 275 lumens tactical strobe and 14 lumens low. Has 'Ten Tap programming to configure where you decide which light function comes on with each click of the real push button, and best of all Streamlights are lifetime warranty. Also before reading all the 5 star reviews all over the web on it I also contacted Streamlight by email their tech dept. because I wanted a 100% guarantee this light would handle the 12 gauge recoil and they said it will and has been lab tested at streamlight to prove it can.
I also posted more information of the install and items used with more pics. in the weapons light section of forum with more pics.

I get a lot of use out of their PolyTac lights.

We have them all over the house, at least one in each room. Switched to the 750 lumen ProTac HL in the Jeep a while back for outdoor/roadside use. It carries nicely strapped to the roll bar...

:)
S&W M&P7 Flashlight
1a68305fc6cbe3f81d38cc1f4fe9398c.jpg

Here's mine
I need a belt pouch like yours for my Streamlight Polytac Tactical, looks like it would be the perfect size

I like the Quark AA size light. Small enough to pocket carry, but comes with a belt holster w/ velcro flap. It is capable of using a 14500 3.7 volt Lithium Ion rechargeable and puts out 120 true lumens on high. It is a very smooth and floody beam. Awesome for a AA size light.

Edit: I see now that this one has been discontinued. Replaced by twisty versions. (sigh)

Last edited:
The new pelican AAA 1910 now has 2 modes and 72 lumen on high. The size of a Chapstick, tail click and pocket clip. Perfect RDC light.

Pelican lights are good stuff. Even better than their lights is their warranty.

My normal daily EDC light is a Foursevens Quark AA. But I also rotate out between my Foursevens Quark 123, my Foursevens frankenlight, and a Zebralight SC 600 MKII.

Also, for anyone that wants an awesome cheap EDC light, I have a Coast HP2 that runs on a single 14500 lithium cell (AA size) and puts out 220 lumens, more than my Quark AA actually, nice pocket clip, and they're $10 shipped on Amazon.

My EDC light is the Fenix PD35 TAC 1000. This sucker has 6 modes, from Strobe 1000L, Eco 8L, Low 60L, Mid 200L, High 500L, and Turbo 1000L. For the money, it's the best bang for the buck that I have found. Being able to go from 8 to 1000 lumens is very nice.

FS_PD35_TAC__37667.1444252788.650.500.jpg

Any of you have your significant other almost burst a blood vessel or stroke out when they found you had spend some inordinate amount of money on a flashlight? Especially a pretty small one?

Last edited:
Reactions: dwb
Any of you have your significant other almost burst a blood vessel or stroke out when they found you had spend some inordinate amount of money on a flashlight? Especially a pretty small one?
I guess my wife didn't mind too much, since she asked for one for herself. It's a badass light for way less than a Surefire.

right now next to me on my desk is a tc20 thrunite
has a nice yellowish tint rather than the typical led white light.

DSC_0494.JPG

Back