• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Ammo cans

John A.

Unconstitutional laws are not laws.
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
As most of you know, there are literally tons of surplus gear out there with lots of life left.

Recently, I found my favorite storage/ammo cans at a decent price.

The one and only, mother of all ammo cans, the 120mm mortar ammo can. While usually a lot more expensive, I found a lot at colemans military surplus for $10 EACH :shock:

Yes, UPS shipping was about $17 each, but even including the shipping cost, these containers are FAR better than most of the plastic cases out there, and will protect your gear lightyears better than soft side cases.

Honestly, for less than $30 each delivered, what is not to like? The rubber seals are in great shape, they're stackable. Very little surface rust

They're big enough that you can use your imagination and come up with a lot of different idea's of what may fit in one of these and different uses for them. Measurements are: 32" deep, 11" long, and 6" wide

And just for giggles a pic for size reference.

120can015.jpg

And if anyone else is interested in purchasing, here's a link to the item page

http://store.colemans.com/cart/mortar-a ... -1337.html

Best price I've seen on them in years and thought some of you guys may also be interested. I doubt they'll last long at that price

I think they'd make a heck of a little gun case. :cool:

I can just imagine the looks you'd get carrying that up to the bench at the range and pulling out a little walther P22 out of it :lol:

120can018.jpg

Does anyone know if there are trays for .50 cal ammo cans that will hold 12ga shells or pistol ammunition? I have 2 trays from a Plano Can but they don't fit a Mil-spec can

i bought a few ammo cans so far, got two ammo boxes from plano and two .50 cal boxes.
i keep ammo in three of them and one box i have ready for the range.

i just saw online that the fat .50 cal boxes are a bit larger than the regular .50 caliber boxes so those might be better?

not sure yet but i was able to fit just shy of 200 shotgun shells in the regular .50 caliber boxes

Back