• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Best mount kit and flashlight for the Mossberg 590 Shockwave?

What is the best mount kit and flashlight to attach on to the Mossberg 590 Shockwave?

Regardless of price, manufacturer, popularity, etc.

Your opinions, recommendations, suggestions and reviews are all welcome.

Thanks in advance to all those that post.

I recently picked up the Streamlight TL Racker forend with integral flashlight for my Shockwave. Love it.

Prior to that I had a CDMG mount with a small Monstrum flashlight. The CDMG (and the GGG one, as well) gives you a short Picatinny rail at the end of your mag tube to mount the light of your choice.

https://www.streamlight.com/products/detail/index/tl-racker
http://cdmgear.com/MTRS.html
https://www.gggaz.com/mossberg-shockwave-flashlight-mount.html
https://monstrumtactical.com/flashlights/

Mr. Firearm, here's a picture of my setup. The one thing I'd avoid is having a flashlight that might extend beyond the muzzle. This mount can be installed for either a left or right hand shooter and I simply use my thumb to activate the light.

If you have additional questions I'm happy to answer.

Regards20200409_103921.jpg

Alright fella’s, here is the latest addition to my 590 Shockwave.

It’s the CDM Gear Light Mount along with a Streamlight TLR-4, tactical flashlight with laser.

Yea I know, it’s not the TLR-1 HL that I wanted to get but still it’s something.

Still would like to buy the TRL-1 HL though! (anyone willing to sell one?...send me a PM).

This forum is very convincing on tricking out a 590 Shockwave....LOL!

Again, thanks everyone for all your tips, opinions, recommendations and suggestions!

75866694-BEF5-4004-ACF0-CE7622AB257C.jpeg FE03CBA3-3D01-4785-A61B-44B919181A85.jpeg 9D520D79-2AAF-4F46-96F3-0821D9CAD209.jpeg 4477F8DB-5717-474A-8FCE-A7DA22AF14AC.jpeg 4E24980A-860F-42C7-A358-B7C2F0CE89F0.jpeg

Last edited:
Mr Firearm, typically, Optics Planet has good prices on TLR-1 HL's.

Plus they normally offer coupons for discounts and free shipping. Especially if you're a new customer.

Disclaimer - no personal or financial tie to them. Just a satisfied customer.

Regards

Last edited:
Mr Firearm, something totally unrelated to weapons lights. I found the original installation of the forward corncob retaining strap was an issue for me when running the gun hard or using the light. The rough ends of the strap tended to irritate or cut my hand. I simply reversed the strap mounting. Problem solved.

See picture of my TLR-1 light earlier. It shows how I reversed the strap mounting.

The other thing I did to improve the birdshead grip was to wrap it with grip tape. Really helps especially if it's raining or your hands sweat.

Regards

Mr Firearm, something totally unrelated to weapons lights. I found the original installation of the forward corncob retaining strap was an issue for me when running the gun hard or using the light. The rough ends of the strap tended to irritate or cut my hand. I simply reversed the strap mounting. Problem solved.

See picture of my TLR-1 light earlier. It shows how I reversed the strap mounting.

The other thing I did to improve the birdshead grip was to wrap it with grip tape. Really helps especially if it's raining or your hands sweat.

Regards

Ernst, thanks for the info on the strap. I'll keep that in mind.

As for grip handling improvement, well I already took care of that. Click on the following link and view the pictures.

http://www.mossbergowners.com/forum...rg-590-shockwave-new-owner.19688/#post-276742

Last edited:
Very great information on this thread.
I’ve owned my Shockwave for three weeks and one day.
As you can see in my Avatar I have a GG&G rail installed. No light!
Before I discovered this forum, I ordered a Crimson Trace Light (CWL-102) I’m told it will be here soon.
So many great options, why did I choose the Crimson Trace? Not totally sure of the answer, because I like Olight and Streamlight and see so many other choices on this thread.

My Shockwave is a 20Ga, oh well. I bought an inexpensive shell caddy that replaced the original Mossberg strap. Also installed UTG Red laser on top of the receiver. Wrapped the grip with some skateboard tape. I ordered from Mossberg the Shockwave carry bag.
Really contemplating the SBL brace, which will render the Shockwave carry bag useless. I’ll read more about other members opinions on braces, not that there are many, just what is available and how they function.

Last edited:
So a question for the collective..I have a shockwave 410 bore and not a lot of options for ,at the very least, a light mount. Can I put a rail on the top and mount a light on that?

So a question for the collective..I have a shockwave 410 bore and not a lot of options for ,at the very least, a light mount. Can I put a rail on the top and mount a light on that?

Never seen a mount specifically made for a 410 shockwave. Back in the old days we used a couple of metal hose clamps to mount flashlights. A thin one, like typically used on fuel lines, might fit around your magazine tube or even over the cap. Used a rivet and spacer for offset. So one clamp goes around the tube, then an offset spacer, then a second clamp to hold the flashlight. All held together by a rivet.

Just a thought.

Regards

Last edited:
I have the TL-Racker on mine as well as a crimson trace green laser. Makes it easier to shoot from the hip. The only issue with the TL-Racker is if you want to use the sling stud on the front, the sling would hang down in front of the light.

Back