• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

No dowel with 20" 7+1 model?

Hi, just wondering if there should be a dowel included with this model because I don't have one. I was loading 4 snap caps to practice and was expecting to load just 2.

Hi, Weezy. That's strange. My 22" 20 gauge Mav had one. I thought all shotguns came with a wooden dowel. I'm curious to see comment from other members.

The dowel is to limit rounds for hunting as required by the particular state and hunting season. HD doesn't require a dowel unless limited by your state. The dowels are just a 1/4" basic wood dowel cut to size--I'm not sure of the length of short tube or long tube. OEM they have a couple O-rings near each end...

I'm pretty sure they sell the 7+1 model to be able to hold 7 rounds since it's generally assumed that it's not going to be used for hunting and more for defensive purposes.

Though, you could create a or use a long dowel to limit it for hunting if that's what your state deems in their reg's.

My 1988 500A 7+1 persuader came with a pistol grip on the gun with a wood stock in the box.,,,,,,and no wooden dowel.
#1.jpg

nice, good to know that some models don't come with it. I just wanted to make sure because mine came with other "issues" and the list kept growing so it made to start questioning things. It's going to be a HD gun so it's not a big deal that I have it. Thanks for all the input

Back