• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Ghost ring rear with factory front

sigfla

.22LR
Who makes a ghost ring rear that works with the factory ghost ring front? I upgraded my ramp to tritium and was thinking of replacing the rear with something. I love the Aimpro tactical model but they are out of stock. Is there an aftermarket rear (tritium maybe) that works with the factory height front blade?

I went ahead and based on an email discussion with Spitfire Armory I ordered their rear sight. I prefer the streamlined look of the Aimpro model but without much info on when it might be available I went with the Spitfire. We will see how the fiber optic rear works out. I dunno why Mossberg doesn't just swap all the 590 ghost rings with the LPA's on the newer models. I naively thought there would be a ton of options for the Mossberg in terms of a rear replacement but there isn't much. I also like the Vang Comp setup with rail but again, I have no idea if it would work without drilling new holes or with the factory front sight.

Let us know how well the install goes, and how well the POA/POI match.

Best of Luck,

Dave

So I installed the rail today. Won’t be able to test for a while but my quick and dirty option was to blindly shoulder the gun with stock sights and then do the same with the Spitfire opening my eyes once shouldered. They both lined up nicely. Also I sent an email to Spitfire after I purchased. They had me measure my front sight height to confirm that it was compatible with a 19-20mm height. They said it was designed for that height front. The rear seems to have a ton of vertical correction as well so I am confident it will work. In terms of install I am never happy with slotted screws. They just seem cheap to me and easy to bugger up. I prefer a torx or Allen head and to use a proper torque wrench. I never met a slotted I couldn’t bugger up. There is just no need to be that dependent on a proper width driver head.
The sight itself looks amazing. It is not as elegant as the LPA options but it fits the Magpul SGA very well. I was hesitant at first about the fiber optic and it may eventually get blackened out but outside in the sun it does give a nice center point for the front Meprolight I installed. Spitfire Armory ought to consider producing an all black rear. Very happy so far. Can’t wait to shoot it. Much nicer than the stock mossberg high winged ghost ring rear.

Last edited:
I should also mention that the new railed rear lined up perfectly with the stock receiver holes. Install was easy as it gets. My only preference to improve it would be to provide non slotted screws instead.

Back