• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Does this look good or what?

hombre243

.30-06
Here is an idea for you who like beans, chili or thick creamy soups...

Cornbread soup bowls. If you can make good tasting cornbread, and are handy making soups, all you need is a mold for the bowl. Amazon has them. Here is what I had for supper tonight...

Attachments

• Bottom sides of cornbread bowls.jpg
    Bottom sides of cornbread bowls.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 8
  • Chili in cornbread bowl.jpg
    Chili in cornbread bowl.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 8
I usually put my corn bread down in my soup beans. I'd make a pretty heft mess if I tried to eat the bowl too LOL

And I'm certain that I would.

The trick is to eat the rim and scoop out some chili. Do that around the bowl. You will be full by the time you get all the way around. I didn't realize how big these bowls are. OR just crumble some of the bowl, as you said and smother with the chili or beans. Good either way. One bowl is equivilent to about 1 1/2 boxes of the quick cornbread muffin mix.

That's a lot of corn bread.

Yep it is, and I couldn't tell they were that big when I ordered them. I will see if I can find something with thinner walls and floor. But the cornbread is really good...from the box and from scratch.

The flip side of the molds are the muffin cups. they make a pretty nice muffin a little smaller than the cup part of the bowl.

AWESOME...now I'm hungry
I soaked some in a bowl of beans and they surprised me. I usually just eat corn bread hot with real butter, on the side. Beans garnished with minced onions and some hot salsa. I like meat in them sometimes...like smoked sausage or ham hocks. I was satisfied so I will make it again, but next time, in smaller bowls.

What a coincidence. Today after returning to the homestead from the FIRST day at the job since the meltdown, the missus had prepared cornbread (from scratch) paired with smoked kielbasa and cabbage.
DAMN GOOOOOOOD!!!:yum:

What a coincidence. Today after returning to the homestead from the FIRST day at the job since the meltdown, the missus had prepared cornbread (from scratch) paired with smoked kielbasa and cabbage.
DAMN GOOOOOOOD!!!:yum:

What a coincidence. Last night (I think) I had cabbage and sausage. Recently I had beans and smoked beef sausage. And finished off the cornbread bowls. The sausage was excellent. I think it was what I wanted more than the other stuff. But I also wanted to learn to make cornbread from scratch.

Thanks for the compliment. It tells me I need to make more.

Back