• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Bait Shortage of 2020

CaddmannQ

.50 BMG
I'm doing sierra small lake fishing, usually. But not today.

When fishing was closed due to the covid crisis, stores could not sell bait, and the supply died off somewhat.

Now the lakes opened all at once and there is no bait to be found. Normally I am buying 6 tubs of worms a week just to feed pet fish, plus bait on hand to go fish.

Now, I've found nothing for two weeks. The suppliers had cut back, and it takes time to grow them worms.

So how has the supply been where you live? Are you raising your own bait. Rubber worms? Lures only fishin?

I always dug my own worms. Usually found underneath of old cinderblocks, rocks, fallen trees. Under garbage cans at the garbage bin is a GREAT spot to find worms. There is never any shortage there.

Minnows get in the trap.

Damn, first it was toilet paper, then ammo, now worms. This pandemic has so many ways to interrupt our lives. Is there nothing safe ?

Theres a bait shop 5 miles from me. He never closed up. He says unless its a law he's not following the dumbass guvnas suggestions.

He's got everything still stocked. So I'm good.

I get night crawlers from my yard. There's a ton around me. Hence why the moles are tearing up my lawn.

Back