• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

How is everyone surviving the pandemic?

Call police, thieves probably get away. Turn in insurance claim and rates go up. Raise prices to consumer.

Repeat.

And to think we have people wanting to do away with police departments. I'm sure the thieves, rapists, and murderers like that idea.

Call police, thieves probably get away. Turn in insurance claim and rates go up. Raise prices to consumer.

We discussed this also--thievery raises prices for everyone. One story was that she was in the parking lot eating lunch with her husband (who also works at HD) and a van pulls up offering to sell them a new big-screen TV for half-price. TV could have been from the WM next door or Target a 1/2 mile away. They declined but got the plate number and called police. She didn't know if they caught them but if they did, probably just a slap on the wrist... :mad:

We are in a decent area but there are still plenty of scumbags that need to develop lead poisoning for the betterment of society--IDGAF if it is someone's mother, father, sister, brother, daughter, son, g-ma, g-pa...

Arrest made, book em, no bond, set free. One hour later back at target, Walmart , or store of choice stealing again.

When the government just raises taxes and steals more out the back door each year, they can expect their fine example to lead to widespread criminality from the public they are supposed to be supporting with all that money.

When the government engages in foolishness for show, most people see right thru it. Wealthy congress people dressing like wealthy Africans to show support of a black population that isn't African, in any way deeper than skin? LOL They're only fooling themselves and the deluded who follow them blindly.

American Blacks have evil public roll models, their schools suck, and the government feeds them lies, drugs, and bad water. Criminality is encouraged because the chaos disrupts the plans of party in power. They are made the tools of chaos and evil by those who purport to love them.

I have been attending a twice a year old car flea market put on in Carlisle, PA by Carlisle Events. I have not missed this since I statrted going in 1978 when I was a kid. They delayed the April show until this weekend. They asked the state for an exemption for the 250 max people rule and were denied. Now, we are talking about an outdoor event spread over 100 acres....and the state permitted 250. Carlisle Events ignored the state and the event began. My son, my dad and I attended with our usual group in defiance of the state. The state immediately went to court. On day one the judge ruled they needed different council due to a conflict of interest. The judge did however grill the state on why they were denied when the governor ok'd and marched elbow to elbow in support of a BLM protest. The judge pretty much made it clear that hypocrasy from the governor would not be accepted. The next day the state dropped the case rather than tale a very public loss.

Mike, I went to a motorcycle rally in Carlisle about 12-13 years ago. It was put on by a group from the area. It's a very nice area with lots of history. I remember them talking about the car show. I rode out from Lincoln, Nebraska and it turned out to be well worth the trip.

I got called back from my layoff last week. How long remains to be seen I am pretty much over wearing a mask but am forced to at work.

Glad to be working but still had some home projects I wanted to finish while laid off.

California Dictator Gavin Newsom has declared we will henceforth wear masks outside of the home, in any situation where social distances cannot be maintained.

Some folks are complying, and some are not. The legislature and courts stand moot in the shadow of his awesome superpowers. No motions were made, and no votes were cast.
They'll give him an ex-post-facto blessing. Don't wanna bug the Dic. Our sheriff said Sorry, Charlie. No enforcement people available from chasing homeless arsonists and gang shooters.
Fresno cops said they were not ordered to do anything yet by the city that pays them. Clovis said they will only enforce this in the most egregious of circumstances.
-----------------------
The criminal US mass media put up a scare story, before the OK rally, that trumps campaign workers had covid. That might have scared off the hecklers, as there were none.
But most folks at the rally were not wearing masks. Very few did I see on TV.

Lots of tickets were reserved by haters who never planned to attend, but just steal seating, so the crowd wasn't 100% and overflowing into the lot.
Apple news declares it a rocky start for Trump

I guess they didn't watch the speech. He killed it.

Been gone awhile and hope everyone is doing ok during crazy times . Being a truck driver was able to work during the shutdown all I do is go to the grocery store and work , have meat in the freezer, canned goods and plenty of pre Covid ammo. I'm on vacation A1C was little high to pass the yearly DOT medical exam should be good to go next week.

Went to an auction about a week ago. Social distancing non-existent, about 200 people, 10% mask usage excluding myself and most of the crew. Was it a very good chance to catch CV? :rolleyes:

Gave blood the 3rd. Besides a t-shirt and $10, one perk was a mini-physical with a CV test of donated blood, results of which came today. I was a little disappointed I came back negative but I'm probably immune as are 99% of the population. The virus just doesn't "stick" in my lungs. I was the lastest and the fastest donor that day at 6:20 to fill the bag. :)

I cut off the end of a slab of spare ribs and gave them an "Old Bay and liquid smoke" rub. Cooked em 2.5 hrs at 250*, then pulled them out and coated them with a mix of brown sugar, honey, catsup and a shake of Worcestershire sauce. I mixed it till it was smooth and gave the meat some glaze. 30 minutes at 400* did it and dinner was great. Not bad for my first time, huh?

Attachments

• spare ribs.jpg
    spare ribs.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 5
No tails, just the ribbed part. Butt I did get the last 3 picnic roasts for $.71/lb. Now I can try out my new electric smoker that I got in 2007 but management won't let me plug in. I bought a small generator.

In Fresno County (1 million souls) we have lost 112 in "covid related deaths", so far.

Old, sick people who get this are likely to die or be at least very ill.
We have lots of "senior" homes and complexes and convalescent hospitals too.
Because of that, the eventual victims may easily double in a short time.

So far we still haven't felt the effects. Most cases are concentrated in the dense part of Fresno, to the southwest of us.
But one old folks home here was hit early on and we'd lost them in early May. That was our initial spike.

Then we had a shallow wave, and now another. For quite some weeks the total deaths were controlled and hovered around 80, but it is ramping slowly.
About one death per day.

Here is an interesting article for you...

Sweden: The One Chart That Matters

It slipped my mind that you were Swedish, Felly. Hope all is going well with you and yours and that no one has caught the flu. ;) :rolleyes: A truthful article like you posted does not fit the narrative and sadly may not get popular here but thanks for bringing it to our attention. I will share it with like-minded patriots in my corner of the world.

In fact, just a couple days ago I looked to see how my fellow Church of the Immune Herd members were doing over in Sweden and I really had to dig for any narrative OTHER than finger-pointing "they have a higher rate than Europe". But I would GAIRONTEE suicide and drug overdose cases are far less than the rest of Europe. No one talks of that and how the numbers are nearly DOUBLE from last year at this time. Numbers which put CV deaths to shame... :mad:

Here they claim that it’s the minority populations most at risk (and they count Hispanics in that even though they are now 51% here.)
I wonder if Sweden has figured out whether it’s the general Swedish people or the immigrant minorities who are most likely to catch and spread Covid?

People here claiming that the poor minorities are more likely to catch Covid are not saying a word about the fact that they are therefore also more likely to spread it.

That would be considered racist.

I just watched the official police video showing the aftermath of the previous nights Portland courthouse protests and riots. There are no human beings. They have all gone home or been thrown in jail.

They left a huge pile of litter and rows of pop-up canopies with barbecues and leftover food laying around collecting bugs.

I have traveled through Oregon a few times, and it is a beautiful place. I have never seen a bigger pigsty than the ones left behind by Portland protesters. Most of them might indeed be peaceful, but they are a filthy filthy bunch!

Everywhere peaceful protesters go they leave a mess. Well, the liberal protesters leave messes for others to clean up. Conservatives tend not to make messes and they take their trash with them when they leave.

Back