• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

The wood shop.

Then I made a center ring to hold the forward bullet part to the shell. No pics. Too dirty.
Then I cleaned up the shell and hammered the opening round...

0826191638_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Well, I finally did something in my shop for the first time since December!
My neighbor wanted a basic square cologne sampler rack.
Of course I couldnt make a "basic" one.
So I went through my stash of wood. I found a cool looking rough log cut off. Sanded the bottom and backside flat, then just touched up the sides to make them look even.
Measured out equal distance 1/2" hole spacing, and drilled em with a forstner bit.
Here tis thy result...

downloadfile-2.jpeg

downloadfile-1.jpeg

downloadfile-3.jpeg

downloadfile-4.jpeg

downloadfile-5.jpeg

downloadfile-6.jpeg

That’s pretty nice RipJack.

Did you use a drill press? I don’t think I could’ve got those holes all in a straight line without some kind of a jig and a drill brushing.

Well I finally got my woodwork finished for the day. I put up this panel and made a crown molding and trim boards.

I didn’t have enough light for a really good photograph, and all the knickknacks aren’t up yet.

92BC2B03-D680-4FB4-B8F9-88A9D3095E02.jpeg I didn’t have access to any really exotic woods and this is just ordinary Birch ply and whitewood moldings from Lowe’s.

I stained the crown & trim boards four different ways And rubbed it out between each coat. I rubbed them out last with polyurethane but my wife wanted them glossy so I shot them with some spray can poly.

it’s been in the hundreds every day this week and I’ve been out there in the mornings working under a tarp so as not to burn out. I am able to air condition the garage and do this indoors but I don’t want all the sawdust in my cars and parts.

I like that idea. If I had a fireplace I may have tried that too....

It’s hot but it has not been muggy and it really cools off at night. Yesterday, 107 at 4pm then 72 by 2am.

Plus, I have a serious air conditioner.

Back when I was 20 years old I was working out on the asphalt in that kind of heat.

It toughens you up pretty fast.

Then I work in the office for 45 years which has exactly the opposite effect. :)

Wow that's a really fuzzy photo!
My apologies. I will have to take a better one.
It looked OK on the phone, but on the big monitor it sucks rocks.

Back