• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Camp stoves and lanterns

Another one I've been messing with. Coleman 530, marketed as a GI pocket stove. It was actually a civilian version, of the Coleman 520. Which was produced for the military in WWII
8e9803c72c1b9bf9088deba06ed11423.jpg

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Just don't get one of those rope hammocks to try to sleep in like what you'd see on Gilligans Island. They're uncomfortable as they can be. Solid ones are pretty good though once you get comfortable.

I thought we had a camping thread, but couldn't see to find it. Kids wanted to camp tonight. So here's the campsite. Be my first time sleeping in a hammock.
ec80288b89d0a14d0c17097d8f5eeb0b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Love it enjoy, I sleep innhammock ALOT . takes couple times then its heaven, angle yourself slightly it flattens the banana effect . adjust your set straps till ya find your sweet spot

I've been getting YouTube educated on hammocks for a few years. So I think I know how to go about it. Tonight will be the first night for a real sleep.

Rain storm popped up outta nowhere. Had to jog from the house to camp to get the tent flys on. And managed to drop one corner of the tarp before rain moved in. Waiting if out now.
834bea2e02282c2268831f271a36ba53.jpg

I have two 12x20 and one 8x10 tarps flying.
Not from rain. It's the san Joaquin desert. ;)

I'm keeping the 100F sun off the concrete so I can work outdoors.
It's hot and dry this week with zero rain expected until about Halloween.
boatyardx.jpg
I will soon tow my boat to someplace with a big hole full of water.
It's just been so long . . . I forget whatcha call ''em.

@dieselmudder hammock has put pleasure back in primitive camp for me, the ground is murder now. View attachment 23519
Once I got arranged and settled in, I slept like a baby. I just used a light weight wool blanket. Definitely took some squirming to get it positioned. At first I thought it would be too warm, but by morning it was perfect. No cold spots on the bottom, and could pull the top over me as needed.

I was lounging out under the tarp at 2:30 am on firewatch. It was lovely and cool enough for sweatpants and a watchcap. I had been soaking my trees with a hose all day, above and below ground, but it's been very dry and I don't want fires.

I didn't sleep well.

Lots of idiots were setting off illegal rockets, but nothing major burned here, and there were only two calls from the local firehouse. One was something minor. One truck and not much noise. Grassfire most likely, or someone caught a tree.

But the second alarm came about midnight, following a goodly boom, by about 2 minutes or less. Two rucks rolled from the south, plus an ambulance, and I heard the cop sirens from the north.
Somebody got hurt.

Everything calmed down after 10:30, and went dead by 12:30.

Back