• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

SBE Precision Products Pistons are Back in Stock!!

Happy 4th everyone!! Can anyone please post a pic or video on how to mount the Ring from the o.g. 930 piston to the SBE piston. My 930 spx has not arrived yet from my lgs but im preparing alreasy. My sbe piston should be here on tuesday and i already have my or3gun teflon coated grey mst here. When my gun arrives i will mount this upgrades asap to test on in the range if CA opens up.

Hey, bro, hopefully this is what you want:

Mossberg 930 SBE gas piston https://imgur.com/gallery/0IJqNm1

The factory piston uses an inner and outer ring to make the seal. The SBE piston only uses the outer ring from your factory part. A narrow bladed screwdriver can be slid into the ring gap, then twist the ring apart & over the lip of the piston. Play gently with it. Its a durable part, but expect to work it over the retaining lip of the piston, not pry it open enough to just come up.

Installation is the reverse. The main thing is to make sure you have the beveled, or cupped, edge of the gas ring facing up, as you snap it in place. When you look at it, think of it as a funnel for the gas, which is exactly what it is.

I think Steve included pretty decent instructions, when I received mine.

The last pic is my solution to the shell-dump lockup. It is the GG&G oversized button, trimmed and fit to work with the Beretta 1301 release shroud. With this combo, it is impossible to cause the shell-dump. The latch & button is ~$50, and the shroud is $9 + shipping.

The factory piston uses an inner and outer ring to make the seal. The SBE piston only uses the outer ring from your factory part. A narrow bladed screwdriver can be slid into the ring gap, then twist the ring apart & over the lip of the piston. Play gently with it. Its a durable part, but expect to work it over the retaining lip of the piston, not pry it open enough to just come up.

Installation is the reverse. The main thing is to make sure you have the beveled, or cupped, edge of the gas ring facing up, as you snap it in place. When you look at it, think of it as a funnel for the gas, which is exactly what it is.

The last pic is my solution to the shell-dump lockup. It is the GG&G oversized button, trimmed and fit to work with the Beretta 1301 release shroud. With this combo, it is impossible to cause the shell-dump. The latch & button is ~$50, and the shroud is $9 + shipping.

Thanks for everything Rob you have been extremely kind to me. Im taking a loss since i bought upgrade parts for the 930 spx even without the gun here, lol. I went to my lgs here in Campbell CA and instead added a lot more dough so i upgraded to a Beretta 1301 Tactical.

Man how did you pull off that trimming? And did you have to remove the factory bolt release button? Very crafty.

Man how did you pull off that trimming? And did you have to remove the factory bolt release button? Very crafty.
Veeeery slowly! Rough cut with a Dremel heavy cut-off wheel, then a rough cut bastard file to fit. Finish with 220 grit wet-dry the Duracoat (or your paint-du-jour).

Veeeery slowly! Rough cut with a Dremel heavy cut-off wheel, then a rough cut bastard file to fit. Finish with 220 grit wet-dry the Duracoat (or your paint-du-jour).
Nice. I'd be in over my head lol.

So, as I understand it, pushing the bolt release button at a backwards angle towards the stock will cause the multi-shell release, correct? So, if I put something underneath my Or3gun enhanced bolt release on that side of the button, I could prevent the accidental shell jam by not allowing the bolt release button to move in that direction at all. Would that do the trick?

Nice. I'd be in over my head lol.

So, as I understand it, pushing the bolt release button at a backwards angle towards the stock will cause the multi-shell release, correct? So, if I put something underneath my Or3gun enhanced bolt release on that side of the button, I could prevent the accidental shell jam by not allowing the bolt release button to move in that direction at all. Would that do the trick?
Mossberg refers to this as the "rapid unload" advantage, aka, "administrative unloading" for LE/Mil. Unfortunately, yes, it is very possible to induce a double-feed by pressing backward on the button.

As with many things, "it depends..." For the average guy for whom this is a range toy, or the hunter who doesn't need to get ready to fire again ASAP, or for the competition/fun shooter who has an oversized button and practices hitting the front edge to reload, it may happen at some point in your life, with your gun, but it is not likely to be catastrophic.

For a knock-around gun, or if you anticipate running your gun at speed in confined spaces, eliminating the "speed unload" is desirable.

Just plugging something under the backside of your OR3Gun may work, but do be careful. If the button does not rotate, I would be tempted to drill & tap a 6-32 or 4-40 set screw through the back edge of the button, to contact the receiver. A small piece of hard plastic could be affixed with industrial double sided tape also.

Mossberg refers to this as the "rapid unload" advantage, aka, "administrative unloading" for LE/Mil. Unfortunately, yes, it is very possible to induce a double-feed by pressing backward on the button.

As with many things, "it depends..." For the average guy for whom this is a range toy, or the hunter who doesn't need to get ready to fire again ASAP, or for the competition/fun shooter who has an oversized button and practices hitting the front edge to reload, it may happen at some point in your life, with your gun, but it is not likely to be catastrophic.

For a knock-around gun, or if you anticipate running your gun at speed in confined spaces, eliminating the "speed unload" is desirable.

Just plugging something under the backside of your OR3Gun may work, but do be careful. If the button does not rotate, I would be tempted to drill & tap a 6-32 or 4-40 set screw through the back edge of the button, to contact the receiver. A small piece of hard plastic could be affixed with industrial double sided tape also.
Awesome, thanks for the reply! I'll try the double-sided tape route first. Main purpose is home defense, but we've only used it as a range toy thus far, fortunately. Had the double-feed happen when getting familiar with the gun, but never happened since. I've practiced hitting the front edge of the oversized button to reload, just wanting to prevent the double feed happening in a panic during a bump in the night.

I've heard that chambering and ejecting the same shell multiple times disfigures the shell rim and can cause problems. Is that true? If so, I'll have to figure out how much loading and unloading my home defense shells can take once the rapid unload feature is gone.

Thanks again!

A rule of thumb I've heard (and it seems reasonable) is not to cycle rounds of any sort more than 4 times. If you press your loading gate up and feel on either side of the receiver, you can manually unload the tube by depressing the shell be latch. It works for all magazine fed shotguns.

Google "administrative shotgun unloading" and it should bring up some videos.

Back