• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

pictures that make you lol

We had a 1947, 1951 and 1953. 47 and 51 were green and 53 was black. If I remember correctly there was only three color choices - black, dark green and red.

Not many options back then. One I remember was a metal sun shade on the outside which went across the entire windshield. Most were standard three speed on the steering column and a mechanical starter pedal on floor. Simple but great trucks. Miss the old ones. We have a RAM Cummins diesel dually 3500 now and about all an owner can do is changed the oil. Computerized everything! Priced a new one last month at just under $80k! Ridiculous!

Regards

Well $80,000 might not be too bad if you can pass it way down to your great-grandkids because it still runs.

I got to start thinking about that because I have a granddaughter at college living with her boyfriend.

If she can’t keep her pants on, I could be a great grandpa next year.

I totally agree Ernst. After ~ the mid 1980's, working on pick up trucks without having to remove the left rear tire to change the blinker fluid, became much more difficult.

I'm still driving a 2000 Silverado. Even if it's easier to work on than stuff half its' age, I don't really care for all the electronics on it either to be honest.

Just waiting for the next solar emp burst because most of the world will have to remember how to walk to get anywhere.

Sorry, forgot this was the picture thread. Trying to get back on track.

ezgif-2-2c2ee6f828e4-jpg.802542

That's from the Sandy Eggo paper. It's the one place Calif actually wanted a new wall. (Demanded one really. Pelosi got her wall first. It replaced an old wall.)
They've had a lot of problems there. Rich folks live near the beach. Poor folks commute down from the mesa above to serve/rob the wealthy, depending on the time of night.
Middle class folks got old and sold out for a bundle, then moved up around here where it's calm and houses cost half as much. Their kids moved away long ago. They didn't want to commute down from La Mesa with all the poor folks, but couldn't afford a million dollar bungalow in town.

Here they would all be Cal Trans employees, and it's not as bad as this.
But they would all belong to a public employee's union.
Which hasn't been the best.

I do notice that no tranz folks are clamoring for jobs at Cal Trans.
(Shovels are frightening.)

They came under a lot of fire due to rusting and failing bolts on the new Bay bridge.
Huge inaccessible bolts, that go from the piers down to bedrock.

boltbroke.jpg

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/loc...8m-fine-in-deal-to-settle-bolt-debacle/62214/

"Caltrans has tentatively agreed to pay the main builder of the new Bay Bridge span some $25.5 million to settle long-running contract disputes over the massive project and to forgive an $8.5 million fine bridge officials had long sought for the catastrophic failure of high strength rods on the project back in 2013. . . . .American Bridge claimed Caltrans owed it $40.7 million as a result of its own bungling, including the agency’s decision to use a type of steel rods that were prone to fail prematurely when exposed to water in the marine environment."

I drove that bridge after it first opened. It's still open. It's been 7 years. I don't know how they were ever able to fix this.

Back