• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

How is everyone surviving the pandemic?

Update - gastro issues getting better. Had a colonoscopy 2 weeks ago and they removed a polyp in an area I’ve been complaining about for months. Healing up from the removal and things (fingers crossed) are improving slightly as I’ve been healing. Also on some IBS anti spasm meds for the constant abdominal cramps. Seems to be working after a week on them.

Starting to work out again. Putting on weight again and not looking sickly lol.

even did some light sparring recently.

Im mostly worried about my old mother ( 83 ) if she get Covid, i dont think she will make it..

The capital ( Stockholm ) and that county have the most cases of Covid-19 and my county have the least cases..[/QUOTE/]

Hopefully soon there will be no new cases anywhere.

My sister will be 64 this week, but my brother in law will turn 88 this year.

Poor guy had a stroke 5 years ago & can't get around without a wheelchair. He's also diabetic and somewhat overweight.
No parties. My sis won't have anyone in the house . . . she is so scared.

I expect the bad news any day, but so far luck is holding out.

So now that winter has well and truly set in how is everyone doing? My wife and I discussed back in August and September how crappy it was gonna be with daylight gone by 4pm and our notoriously wet coastal weather. It's turned out to be a true soaker this fall / winter with virtually no freezing weather and snow to speak of...'pretty good' you might say...but it's been sooo wet and cloudy, it's so gloomy. I'd rather have freezing temps and snow thanks. Been doing my best to keep busy and not get depressed. Ugh!!

So now that winter has well and truly set in how is everyone doing? My wife and I discussed back in August and September how crappy it was gonna be with daylight gone by 4pm and our notoriously wet coastal weather. It's turned out to be a true soaker this fall / winter with virtually no freezing weather and snow to speak of...'pretty good' you might say...but it's been sooo wet and cloudy, it's so gloomy. I'd rather have freezing temps and snow thanks. Been doing my best to keep busy and not get depressed. Ugh!!
I have your same weather here, wet and gray..But, being retired I can choose to not go out in it, unlike my working years..I’m extra cautious about COVID precautions with an 87y/o mom and a 92 y/o dad, a pre existing conditioned wife and my own desire to be around for my kids and grand kids. And living alone has its ups and downs. I decided months ago that I would take advantage of all my home time and take better care of myself. I’ve dropped over 25lbs just by eating less of what I like, making most meals last for 2 meals, aka senior menu meals. And lots of walking and nightly weight lifting of light dumbells are helping muscle gain.. lots of home projects that I undertake can fill in days if not weeks, and because the wife lives in her own house,100 miles south, and gave me free reign, if I build something I don’t like, I can take it back and do something else..so COVID..meh, it just keeps me out of bars and restaurants..lol

Here in the UK we're under another (the 3rd) National Lockdown... so only essential travel allowed (to go to work, (if you can't work from home), go shopping or to pick up medication). You are allowed to go out for exercise for up to an hour.
Masks are compulsory in shops and offices.

We're seeing another peak in Covid cases, in some areas higher levels of infection than we had in March. Apparently we have a new variant of the virus thats more infectious than the original... but they say that the vaccine is just as effective on that.

We've also had a lot of wet weather... I've lived in this town for 40 years, and a couple of days before Christmas we had the first flooding I've ever seen here... luckily we live on one of the highest parts of town, but we couldn't get off our street as the main road was flooded for a day or so... some parts of town were flooded for several days.

For some reason my county is one of the four heaviest affected in our state, and there are so many Covid cases that hospitals are over capacity. If you go to the hospital right now all you will see is the ER, where they take your vitals, and pack you off in an ambulance to another hospital with an available bed, often times hours away.

Update - gastro issues getting better. Had a colonoscopy 2 weeks ago and they removed a polyp in an area I’ve been complaining about for months. Healing up from the removal and things (fingers crossed) are improving slightly as I’ve been healing. Also on some IBS anti spasm meds for the constant abdominal cramps. Seems to be working after a week on them.

Starting to work out again. Putting on weight again and not looking sickly lol.

even did some light sparring recently.

Glad you're on the mend and feeling better.

Well.. its a bit tougher here now.. but no real lockdown. Citizens are relatively good at following the uppdated guidlines and restrictions. The vaccine is here and about 50 000 is vaccinated, the last time i looked. In phase 1, we haved started with the oldest and weakest and the people who take care of them. I will probably be in phase 3 ? if i dare take the vaccine...

At this point, if you haven't got the fauxvid-19, you are probably NOT going to get it... You are IMMUNE--yes, that IS possible! I don't normally get the yearly flu shot nor will I get any placebo they are trying to force on the sheeple.

I've had it twice so far, once in January and once in October. Vomiting and diarrhea both times but I've had much worse. Only reinforced my opinion that most people are overreacting.
The second time did cause some problems for me, I became symptomatic pretty much the same day I started basic training. That coupled with a few other things is the reason I'm home right now- without dress blues.

Never had the flu shot, never had the flu either. Processing with the Marines was the first time in my life that I've actually been up to date on my shots, and I'm not too happy about it. In high school I watched otherwise mild illnesses tear through all the other kids who had gotten their shots while I either didn't get sick at all or got over it in record time. My immune system is a lot more developed than theirs because I've always been exposed to things naturally and have built up the strength to fight things off without medication.

Two weeks ago we had aprox 150 000 vaccinated in the country. In my city we will use the ice hockey stadium for phase two and further. 15 vaccination stations will be available and there is a big parking lot so we can keep a good flow. People will be called upon via mail. I have started using two different face masks lately, depending on what im doing. A pure medical one and this one which have room for a filter insert.

20210129_140103.jpg

Latest from Sweden, with revised phases... Translation might be weird but understandable :D
Emma Spak, head of the health and medical care section at Sweden's Municipalities and Regions (SKR), says that at least 264,000 people have received a dose of vaccine. In February and March, an additional 2.2 million doses are expected to be delivered to Sweden.The goal is still to offer everyone over the age of 18 vaccinations before the end of the first half of the year. This is about 8.2 million people.
Phase 1
Special accommodation / persons with home care
Care and nursing staff
Household contacts

Phase 2
65 years and older
Certain medical risk groups ( e.g. dialysis and transplant recipients ) as well as household contacts
Persons with LSS / assistance allowance
Healthcare and nursing staff

Phase 3
60-64 years with special risk increase
18-59 years with medical risk increase
People with difficulty following advice on infection control measures ( e.g. dementia or Downs syndrome )

Phase 4
Other adult population who have not been vaccinated before

Last edited:
Back