• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Gun fire in the night

CaddmannQ

Will TIG for Food
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
There’s a famous author named Victor Davis Hanson and as the crow flies he only lives about 12 miles south of me on 40 acres of almonds in his familial farmhouse. You could definitely say he’s a local guy, but also one of the most educated military historians in the country.

I was listening to him on a podcast today and he talked about late night shooting out in the orchards and fields.

Some people were very concerned about people setting the crops on fire with fireworks.

But Hanson said that it’s all of his Mexican American neighbors, who finally went out and bought guns; and they are out doing midnight target practice between the grapes and almonds.

Some of these folks work on Hansons ranch and what they’re telling him is that the people here do not want to see the violence they fled in Mexico coming across an open border, but it appears to them that they may have no choice.

There’s nothing much in the news they see, except drug wars and race crimes or race wars and drug crimes.

It’s really only the college educated Hispanics here that believe in open borders amnesty programs. The working class people believe just the opposite.

It’s really amazing because I can remember when Ceasar Chavez was parading farmworkers up and down because they didn’t want their jobs to go to the cheaper “wet backs” coming across the border illegally.

Victor Davis Hanson is a regular contributor to Fox during the evening. I try to watch him as often as possible. He is very thoughtful.

If you get a chance to see his interview with Dennis Prager you will not regret it.

Back