• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Good morning . We drove up to the lake yesterday. This morning the skies are angry. Rain pouring down and constant lightning and thunder. The dog had his breakfast then I took him out. It was not enjoyable for either of us.

The forecast. Calls for lower 90s this afternoon and very humid. Then high 90s for the next three or four days, and of course humid. Lol.

You all have a great day and stay safe.

Good morning Mossberg Owners.

The weather here has been somewhat cooler and this was unexpected. As a result I worked outside yesterday for almost 16 hours. I did a little more work organizing my shed but most of that time was spent sanding on the two legs of my new hutch.

I had sanded these down to 150 grit before I varnished them, but when I saw them again in the clear light of day I realized there were still some 60 grit sanding scratches. I blocked both of them down all over with 80 grit 100, 150 and 220. By that time it was 10 o’clock so I rubbed a coat of varnish on them and gave up for the day.
today I was going to go help somebody with the car but they canceled so I will be scuffing and varnishing until I get several more coats on these legs but before I do that I shall drill the dowel holes.

Everything here on the homefront has been very quiet except for the normal rush-hour traffic accident. I expect this to continue.

Good Saturday morning. Well, it's raining again this morning. It didn't start until The dog and I been out. Yesterday due to the lingering clouds from the morning storms we only got into the high 80s and it was actually pleasant.

Today's high is supposed to be near 100 but that looks doubtful. That suits me fine. When the rain quits the dog and I will take a walk, maybe go down to the docks and visit with some folks.

Have a great day and stay safe.

@meanstreak
I’ve almost forgotten what rain looks like. Here it has been day after day of sunshine and 100° temperatures have dropped down to the 90s. Humidity has been very low my so varnish has been drying quickly. That means I was encouraged to put on extra coats, and fill the really minor things.

Anyhow I made a little drill jig and drilled the dowel holes in the top, but the legs were still wet so I will drill them today.

I decided to use 5/16” x 2” long steel dowels set with epoxy. I’m resorting to epoxy because I cannot match-drill all these things to the thousandth of an inch with my set up. There’s no telling how sloppy it will end up until I drill the legs and fit them.

The weather here continues to be sunny and hot. I worked outside yesterday on the hutch and my shed.

I did get the hutch legs doweled on, the back panel and rim sawn, and did a preliminary assembly of the 5 parts. As I suspected, the dowels are a tad off. This skews the legs off 1/16" or so. I just ignored it and I continued to fill the last divots and minor low spots under the top. I will ream the holes a bit and set the dowels in epoxy, & square the hutch as I assemble it; then I'll clamp it all up, and let it dry.

I quit before 3pm as it was shopping day, and I had to venture out for supplies.

Back to summer again after a few weeks of rain and grey clouds. This summer passed to fast.. again. Did i even achieve 10% of my goals ? Gah..

Got my HSGI Slim grip padded belt today :D Time to start build my range/home defense belt. Nice...

20200810_140526.jpg

20200810_140553.jpg

Last edited:
Warm and muggy and rainy...not too hot.

Local protests are stirring a bit again, commemorating the anniversary of the killing of Michael Brown in Ferguson, the false narrative upon which the Black Lives Matter movement was started.

And so it goes.

Ernst, back in '93 I bought a '53 Dodge B4B. I drove that old truck for 10 years to auctions and estate sales around eastern Nebraska and western Iowa. I loved that old truck. In 2003 I sold it for $50 more than I bought it for. Now I wish I still had it.

Oh, btw a belated good morning.

Good morning folks, thunderstorms again. We have had 5-6 inches of rain the past three weeks. For this time of year that is awesome. The temps have been a tad lower than normal as well. Usually by now a lot of our vegetation has turned brown, especially along the roadways. Well, not so this year, lots of green grass and wild flowers.

Have a great day and be safe.

Good morning. Flash flood watch--AGAIN--in western Philadelphia suburbs. We've had so much rain since Isaias the ground is saturated and creeks/rivers are running high. Anytime we get rain now, we also get a flash flood warning.

The California sunshine continues with highs of 109 expected.

It is already 100° before lunch.

My oldest daughter turns 41 today. She works for the IRS but they’ve been sitting at home with computers for months now.

My youngest daughter is trying to get set up to teach third grade online. It’s just going to be impossible for some kids but some will do very well with computer distance learning. Those are the kids who will run the future. The ones who will basically self-educate when no one is standing over their shoulder.
everyone was amazed to see radical Kamala Harris to be encoded by the Democrat party as a moderate. Practically a conservative in fact.

I guess this means that a conservative Democrat is one that’s not calling for outright anarchy (just communism.)

So that must mean that a centrist or moderate Democrat is any that isn’t trying to literally torch the federal courthouse.

I guess those Democrats rioting in the street must be the mostly peaceful liberal Democrats, and the ones actively trying to murder police officers have got to be your radical left wing peaceniks? Right?

I find it difficult not to wish for a giant tsunami to wash away Portland. Of course there are still many fine people living in Portland and I do not wish them ill.

Also, the Democrats would quickly find a way to blame the giant wave on Pres Trump.

Democrats, I can sum them up in one sentence. I have not heard one democrat denounce rioting and looting, so my opinion is they are complicit and guilty of aiding and abetting.

I want to see a reporter ask Kamala Harris, “As a modern woman of color, how can you force yourself to work for an old white Bigot?”

But like Pelosi said, “... people are going to do what they’re gonna do.“

And guess what the voters are going to do Nancy?

Well GOOD MORNING to all you you! It's early afternoon now, but great day here! Wife and I went to church in person this a.m. for the first time in a long time. I finally got the online reservation process done in time this week. Got home, started the charcoal snake in the Weber and have a rack of baby back ribs on there right now. It's drizzly, but I don't care. Great day.

And I got some cocktail onions for my pre-dinner martini, too. :yum: Olives are fine, too, but Tipsy Onions are a treat. I'm watching the clock trying to get to 4:30 before pouring the gin.

Back