• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg will not sell trigger assembly.

DTL

So I had a trigger assembly on backorder from brownells. Ive been trying to put together a Smell spare parts bin. Brownells cancelled the order saying the product was discontinued. I contacted mossberg and they said that from now on of you have a problem with your drop in trigger assembly you have to send the shotgun or just the trigger assembly to them for repair /replacement. I dont know about anyone else but this is pretty annoying. Like if your trigger assembly cracks etc. no longer can you just order a new one and replace it, stupid.

Plant maybe may have limited employees ,cut production and low on stock. Don't know which model you have seen Mossberg trigger assemblies on Ebay

Yeah, ebay has a bunch.

I ordered basically all the parts for the receiver itself. Bolt, elevators, cart stop and trigger assembly. I think it was $65 though used parts if that matters to anyone.

But I've complained for years about the safety not working on my gun and that paying the shipping both ways plus the part to fix it would've costed more than I wanted to pay, I may as well just fix it myself and have some extra spare parts to boot.

Truth is, I've looked at the used parts on ebay several times but never jumped. I do appreciate that this auction does include basically everything you'd need.

There is also numrich and everygunpart.com that sell new, used and demilled parts. So, spare parts are out there.

Yeah, I thought so. Basically everything for the receiver but the safety and detent and spring and the ejector screw. $65 didn't seem too bad.

I have one incoming. Like I said, I should've fixed the trigger safety on my 500 ten years ago.

I was going to update the topic yesterday but ran out of time and steam before I did.

I got the parts from the guy on ebay yesterday. They are exactly as described. Needed some hoppes to get the old sticky preservative off of some of the parts. But, they were just fine. Used parts of course, but other than some blue wear and some very light surface rust in a few places, was otherwise fine. Which he mentioned in the description so I knew I was getting used parts and was fine with that.

I even did a quick camo dip on the trigger group so it would somewhat match the rest of the gun. My camo turned out little lighter because I must've used a lighter basecoat this time around but still acceptable to me since it's a work gun and I'm just doing it for myself.

Long story short, the trigger pack was exactly what I've been needing for a long time.

Matter of fact, it will be accompanying us up to the cabin later. Deer season is just around the corner and I want to change out the memory card to see if I can try to start patterning them some.

My uncle told me he saw a big bruin bear yesterday morning in his driveway that he said 3 grown men wouldn't reach around. So, that's my main reason for wanting to bump up to something more than a hot 9mm round. I guess that big sow with 2 cubs has gotten the old male bears in a tiff.

OYuCqW6.jpg

Back