• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Looking for a light mount

Wanting a small light mount to hold a surefire flashlight.
I definatly do not want to change foregrips, just a simple and easy to use flashlight mount that stays out of the way.
Thanks.

I'm looking also, I have a fore-end mounted short rail but I'm worried about shock from the hard cycling of the pump action until its broken in destroying my light. I'm leaning towards a mag tube mount.

I put an elzetta on a Winchester. It was MUCH better than the ATI universal mount, which you could try to tighten the screws so hard they would strip and the mount would still move during recoil.

Avoid the ATI universal mounts.

I'm very biased. I have really liked my ElZetta mount with quick thumbscrew feature. It's taken a pounding on my duty shotgun and it's never slipped or moved. It doesn't require any tools once mounted to the gun, and you can freely drop in or remove a light in a few seconds. And it's 100% Made in America. It's not the cheapest, though.

I also would trust what Rossignol suggested, the CDM Gear.

I've been wanting to get an Elzetta sometime.

I mentioned the CDM, but I'm looking at this again and want to clarify what I previously said. He makes clamps that mount to either the magazine tube or in some cases both the magazine tube and barrel, and a light mount can be attached to that or in other cases, it's a one piece clamp that includes an integral ring for the light. The CDM clamp has also worked well for me on my 835 with limited space between the forend and magazine lug. The magazine clamps fit into about a 1/2" of space.

Not having had the Elzetta I'm unable to make a comparison but I know NiteSite has way more miles on his clamps than I do mine.

I don't like the barrel clamp ones. They can cause a shift in point of impact if installed incorectly or too tight. If you have a longer extension tube, they can also cause midfeeds by misaligning the tube. I prefer the G&G version. Not only is it not a barrel clamp, it put the tail of the flashlight right were my thumb naturally is when I hold the shotgun.

http://www.gggaz.com/mossberg-930-sling-and-flashlight-combo-mount.html

They have different versions for the 930's and 500/590's.

If you do go with some sort of clamp, be aware of the model it's designed for. Magazine tubes differ in diameter. The clamps should specify or make a distinction for heavy wall barrels like the 599A1.

Another I've not tried but has a solid reputation for quality as well as its cost is Nordic Components.

CDM here also
ul205300.gif

Back