• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Serial Number Data Base

Welcome. Thank you for posting your numbers. I'll update our data base.

Thank you for posting your numbers. I'll update our data base.
Looks to be a 1991-1992.
Welcome.

Newest owner of the club here, been trolling a short while while I pandemic shop.

Mossberg 500.

U025379

From the looks of it, that puts me end of year 2011??

Thanks for your hard work on this!

Welcome. Thank you for posting your numbers. I'll update our data base.
Yes it looks like a 2011.

Mossberg 500 Persuader #50521

Serial #: U5571**

03/2013 Confirmed by Mossberg (Packed Date: 03-22-2013)

Thank you for posting your numbers I'll update our data base.
Looking at our data base yours is a 1999-2000.

My Mossberg Model 464 Model No. 41020 (30-30 Levergun with a Walnut Checkered Pistol Grip Stock) s/n LA017XXX was dated Feb 2010 on the box when I got it new.

hello folks, I have 3 in my possession- 1st is a 500C 20 ga vin G 578534 this one I believe is made in Canada. 2nd a Maverick 12ga, single slide action bar vin MV 27894 B and Nothing on the reciever except the vin ; and 3rd is a Maverick 12 ga, Dual slide action bars, and Maverick 88 engraved on the reciever vin MV 65417 D. Can anyone give an approximate date of builds please? quarterstick

Looks like your 500C is a 1974.
You might want to call Mossberg on the two Mav88's. Our data base dosen't have a good listing on those numbers you posted on them.
Keep us posted on your call to Mossberg.

I have a Maverick 88 with 28" barrel serial MV0211*** with no letter at the end. I emailed Mossberg and was told "That serial number comes back as being from August of 2017."

Welcome.
For some reason the MAV 88's numbers jump around from different years.
Only Mossberg knows.

12 ga. Maverick 88: starts with MV235.....ends with an E. Mossberg said their electronic records don't go back that far but the CS dude thought it was prolly early 80's.

Our data base jumps around when it comes to the MAV 88. Not sure how Mossberg does it.

Our data base jumps around when it comes to the MAV 88. Not sure how Mossberg does it.

Thank you for the effort. No doubt a lot of people appreciate it.

This particular Mossberg 18.5" looked like it had been through 3 wars then dragged down an interstate for 10 miles. It looked like hell. I got it on the cheap, had a qualified gunsmith go through it, fill and paint the receiver to beautiful condition, clean and lube the internals and it actually runs better than my brand new Shockwave (give it credit for not broken in). I think the old Maverick has had a colorful history. Maybe a little more colorful than I want to know about, but still would be good to know born on date. The internal action of this gun shows visible use but a LOT of it. Makes me believe they're "bullet proof".

No problem Sir.
I'm going to email Mossberg and see if I can find out more about their serial numbering for the MAV 88's.
I'll post my findings here.

Back