• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Ruger EC9S New CC gun

JRExplorer3

.270 WIN
Picked this up about a week ago. $260 OTD
Only come's with 1 mag but I picked up the 9 rnd. extended mag and a Pro Carry LT IWB holster.
Test AIWB carried around the house and it seems comfortable enough and conceals well.
Haven't gotten to the range yet but will post a range report as soon as I can.

3QZk0Dc.jpg

DVElItJ.jpg

Yeah, I've been eyeing those for a long time.

If it is anything as reliable as my old brick, er...Ruger P85 Mk2, would be a good choice.

Yeah, I've been eyeing those for a long time.

If it is anything as reliable as my old brick, er...Ruger P85 Mk2, would be a good choice.

The P85 MK II...fond memories of my first handgun. Wish I had never sold it way back in 1992.
The EC9S is a nice compliment to my wife's SR9 and for the price it's hard to beat.
Reliable, reputable name brand manufacturer, Made in the USA, good customer service and warranty.

The P85 MK II...fond memories of my first handgun. Wish I had never sold it way back in 1992.

One of my first pistols, also... Traded +$100 for a Glock 19 back in the mid-90s. Wished I would have kept it... :( Mine had the shiny silver slide (I believe the blue slide was also SS). Smoothed the frame where the trigger bar rubbed against it and trigger was like glass after that.

Couldn't resist the deal. Picked up today. Wife said she's laying claim to the recent EC9S :eek:

Ruger LC9S Pro, Houge grip sleeve, Blade Tech IWB Klipt holster. $240 Private sale.

No real mechanical differences between the EC and LC. Both use the same magazines and holsters. Both have a trigger blade safety.

EC9S's have a magazine disconnect safety AND a manual safety. Black oxide finish slide, fixed machined sights and less machining on the slide serrations. Inexpensively priced.

LC9S Pro has neither safety, a blued finish slide, windage adjustable sights. Higher price tag than the EC model.

nTwlaaq.jpg

First thing I would do is defeat the mag safety. ;) But nice gun! :)

PS: nevermind--I see that YOU have the LC9s

Last edited:
EC9s and LC9s Pro both ran flawlessly last trip to the range.

It has been a while since we've been to the range due to covid shutdowns and scarcity/high price of local ammo.
9mm Ammo supply is only so-so and we are not shooting any of that right now. Nothing since at least the beginning of the year.

Back