• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Wheel GUNS!!

Dug deep last week, oldy but goody. 1962 Smth model 10-5. Dad gave to me when I was about 15ish. I think round count is about 4 billion or so..., its smooth as drawn butter, still tight as a bank vault and accurate. They dont make em this way anymore unfortunately. Shes not pretty anymore been rode hard and put up wet more than once. Id still feel total well defended with her by my side.0708201917a.jpg 0708201917b.jpg

Hombre, have you had the opportunity to try Taurus yet?
Meanie, I shot it when I went to MO a few weeks ago. Very nice. I like a gun that is big enough to control. My hands are a bit big for the PT111 I sold. This is a bit heavier but fits inside my cc vest very well. With 2 speed loaders in the right side pocket and the gun in the left, they even out. So far no one has said anything about it printing.

I managed to bust about 15/20 clays set in a wood pile at about 30 feet. Double action is smooth as silk, to me. But it was easier to shoot double action rather than single. I like the orange front sight and adjustable rear. I put a Hogue grip on it and that made it my gun. I also like the black coating. Don't know what it is but it suits me and seems to be wearing well.

I like it. I have read bad reviews but i think it may just be a lot of Taurus bashers. It is, in my own words, a badass 357 3" snubby. I met a guy who says he can teach me to shoot. I am loading some more or less top loads for the trip to his range. I am happy with it. Even more so than when i got the PT111.

Dug deep last week, oldy but goody. 1962 Smth model 10-5. Dad gave to me when I was about 15ish. I think round count is about 4 billion or so..., its smooth as drawn butter, still tight as a bank vault and accurate. They dont make em this way anymore unfortunately. Shes not pretty anymore been rode hard and put up wet more than once. Id still feel total well defended with her by my side.View attachment 23560 View attachment 23561

I some how am more attracted to firearms that look like this. Worn, used and still looking pretty.

The Pietta. gang is all here
colts 1851s in 44 and 36 (army and navy)
Remy 1858s also army and navy 44 and 36
One outcast seperate pic , 1862ish?? Sheriff style in .36. Nickle and horrid laminate grips till I find something else to dress it in the nickle is sure easy to clean though l.
These cap n balls are my joy, currently I have more fun with them than most any shooting of late.

0501201612.jpg 0708202246.jpg

I have 4 revolvers. A S&W model 586 that I bought in 1985, a model 60 made in 1969 that I had personally engraved, and two H&R 22 revolvers. See pictures below.
4bdVFPz.jpg

Z4KW2xx.jpg

on4xd19.jpg

Picked up a combo awhile back .
.44 with attachable butstock check one off the old bucket list. 1860 Army made for CVA circa 1978 ish......nicely done Italian by Armi san marco. Its well fit good tolerances reflected in its accuracy. I don't believe the stocks really caught on during war of northern aggression but it .makes 100yards no sweat to put lead on target. Rolling your own bullets is a whole separate enjoyment also. Thank goodness the guvement says its not a gun, or IT could be caLLED a .44 cal SBR :lol:15998842605263700995063660478361.jpg 0830201146.jpg 0728202127_HDR.jpg 15998842605263700995063660478361.jpg 0830201146.jpg 0728202127_HDR.jpg

Hombre, have you had the opportunity to try Taurus yet?

Meanie, I didn't get targets but when I went to visit my friends in Mo. I took the Taurus out and we shot clays off a wood pile. I don't know how many he put up but I drained 3 mags and hit all I shot at. We looked in the pile of logs and didn't see any whole ones, so either I'm not as bad a shot as I thought, or the 692 has a mind of its own. It is a fun shooter and the Hogue grip and weight of the revolver tame down recoil from heavier loads . It's a keeper. I keep it tucked inside my concealed carry vest and have not had any problems with nosy people.

I had a Redhawk SS in .44Magnum back in the 90s, forget the barrel length but it was long. Had a dot sight tube which were rare back then--can't remember the make. NICE gun! Got it and a refinished Enfield .303 for $200 off a guy whose wife was fed up with him and had kicked him out and he needed money fast. HE set the price... :) He was unstable so probably for the better. This was back when I had my FFL. He also had a like-new Norinco AK and a beautiful polished SS Gold Cup .45 we were working a deal on but just before I was to take ownership of them (I think we had settled on $500 for the pair) she called the cops on him and gave the chief his guns! :eek: I sold the Redhawk a year later for $475 because it was a little too expensive for a struggling college student to feed. I gave my dad the Enfield but after he passed, my brother ended up with it and pawned it in a time of need... :mad:

Had a H&R 922? 9-shot .22 DA revolver. Paid a bit too much for it from an online auction. Cylinder was loose because the holes in the frame were elongated. Wouldn't hit the black of a target at 15'. :rolleyes: One of very few guns I lost money on: paid about $200, blew it out full disclosure for $125.

Picked up a Heritage Rough Rider SA .22 from Academy over the holidays for $130. The "basic" blued 6-shot model with 6.5" barrel and brown "ivory" grips. Just took it out last weekend for the first time if you don't count a few cylinders of "Silent .22"s outside the shop. ;) (those are not much louder than a cap gun) Seems to be shooting a little to the left so it might go back under warranty (1yr). Heritage is next state over in GA. I also ordered a .22 Mag cylinder for $30 shipped. Now if I can only find some .22 Mag for that... :rolleyes:

heritagerr.JPG

It looks like I never posted a photo of the Super Blackhawk .44 magnum here in the wheel gun thread.

This has Altamont rosewood grips on it, But it also had a small problem that I needed to correct. The little plunger which locks the cylinder up was damaged and I had to replace it.
FD39EF08-9219-4E46-B911-71E7C37FA0AC.jpeg

There are two tiny plungers with springs in this photograph, and if you look closely, the fatter one of the two has part of it cracked off.
9550822F-9FFE-49A7-8E2A-3F5524C96F8C.jpeg

Disgusted owner sold it to me for 250 bucks. Other than a little plunger she was in pristine shape.

This is fun to shoot despite its power, and I created some powder puff loads out of Trail Boss so my wife and daughters could shoot it.

Back