• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Model 26B

roger68

Copper BB
Supporter
Hi guys
Im new to this forum and thankyou for letting me join.
In a collection of old single shot 22's I bought the other week there is a Mossberg model 26 B , I have never seen one before and I am glad to have it in my collection of single shot 22 rifles.
I don't seem to see many Mossbergs here in this part of Australia, I have seen a couple of model 42's and the odd 22 magnum but thats it.
The model 26b is missing the rear of the bolt, is this a common problem with these guns? and is it possible to find a complete bolt that wont cost the earth? There is one on Ebay but he wont send to Oz.
Ant help would be greatly appreciated

It is interesting that you are only missing the rear part of the bolt as usually the whole bolt is missing on the 26 models. There is a procedure to to replacing the bolt when you get one. There are 2 marks (1 on rear and 1 on body) that need to be lined up. Also make sure the safety is off and pull the trigger as you put the bolt in. If you are missing the rear part I assume you are also missing the spring and plunger. I will try to post parts diagram and instructions later.

Hv7niKY.png

Thanks old mossy. I didn't find mine and here is the instructions.

Hi guys
Im new to this forum and thankyou for letting me join.
In a collection of old single shot 22's I bought the other week there is a Mossberg model 26 B , I have never seen one before and I am glad to have it in my collection of single shot 22 rifles.
I don't seem to see many Mossbergs here in this part of Australia, I have seen a couple of model 42's and the odd 22 magnum but thats it.
The model 26b is missing the rear of the bolt, is this a common problem with these guns? and is it possible to find a complete bolt that wont cost the earth? There is one on Ebay but he wont send to Oz.
Ant help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks Guys
I will see what I can find
Cheers

Back