• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Last Time You Fired A Shot

This morning I tested a couple of the Winchester Defender (1oz slug and 3-00 buckshot), one on water and one on ice. They were fired from a Mav 88 w/20" barrel from about 22ft.

22ft.jpg

It performed as promised, the buckshot triangulated perfectly around the slug for about a 4.5" spread. Not something a bad guy would want to catch...

102_9735.JPG

Slug on the left hit the ice and the slug on the right hit the water.

102_9744 (2).JPG

Last time I shot was to pattern a 8 pellet #1 buck load 1 inche at 3 yds 1.5 at 6 and 2.25 at 9
20200816-114426.jpg

Yesterday I ran a little birdshot through the 88...

Federal 7.5 and 8 shot from 16ft - target prints out on copy paper accurately to the average human head...102_9890 (2).JPG

I ordered a mag extension from DB and so yesterday I ran 10 rounds through the little 9 to see how it handled. Being able to get all three fingers on the grip took out most of the snap and actually made it fun to shoot.

102_9946 (2).JPG

And a little trip down memory lane way back before the plague hit.
"Awe the good ole days!" :cool:

102_9972 (2).JPG

Sunday 26th July... :omg:

Gunclub was closed for Lockdown, then opened early July with restrictions in place, masks, sanitiser etc...

They then announced that the range would be closed from the 27th July for maintenance work. (Our main range is a WWII air base gallery range, so the 80+ year old walls are in need of repair.)
I went on the last day with my underlevers, and thinking it would be busy I only took 50 rnds of ammo for each... but there was hardly anyone there, so soon had to leave as I'd run out of ammo..!

The range is open again from today (19th Sept).... but as i'm having cataract surgery on Tuesday, its going to be a few more weeks before I do pull a trigger again..:brick:

Sunday 26th July... :omg:

Gunclub was closed for Lockdown, then opened early July with restrictions in place, masks, sanitiser etc...

They then announced that the range would be closed from the 27th July for maintenance work. (Our main range is a WWII air base gallery range, so the 80+ year old walls are in need of repair.)
I went on the last day with my underlevers, and thinking it would be busy I only took 50 rnds of ammo for each... but there was hardly anyone there, so soon had to leave as I'd run out of ammo..!

The range is open again from today (19th Sept).... but as i'm having cataract surgery on Tuesday, its going to be a few more weeks before I do pull a trigger again..:brick:

I pray your upcoming eye surgery goes smoothly and recovery is speedy so that you can soon get back to the range and sling some lead!

Well, its exactly 24hrs since my cataract surgery, and I've just opened the cabinet to look through my scopes.... and I'm almost in tears about how clear they look..!! I was especially concerned about the ACOG, which doesn't have any focusing on it... but the chevron is clear and i can even read the BDC numbers on the reticule. The new lens looks like its massivly improved my astigmatism too, I tried some red-dots, and they are now just a dot, not a fuzzy star. Even the iron/peep sights on my underlevers and AK are clearer.!! To say I'm overjoyed is an understatement..!!

1f929.png

Back