• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Just in case anyone thinks I’m too embarrassed to make six posts in a row, the sky is blue today and the smoke is virtually lost in wispy clouds. Firefighters have made considerable progress on the wildfires.

It’s a beautiful Sunday and I thank God that the whole forest did not burn down. It could still happen, but I’m going to take this recent spell of weather as a good omen.

Cadd I used to have a jar of nuts like you have on the bench. That's where i keep my stash of 20 dollar gold pieces. Right now it has a 5 lb lead bar holding it on the bench because i don't have any gold pieces yet but I hope to have some soon.
h
:rolleye:

I guess I’m not much for gold. I think I’d always rather have a new $20 wrench than a $20 gold piece.

In order to make money with gold you have to sell it off, but not so with the wrench.

On the other hand it would be a lot easier to replace stolen gold pieces than replacing all my tools.

I guess I’m not much for gold. I think I’d always rather have a new $20 wrench than a $20 gold piece.

In order to make money with gold you have to sell it off, but not so with the wrench.

On the other hand it would be a lot easier to replace stolen gold pieces than replacing all my tools.

Well I rewired my motor and did some re-fitting of the jack shaft mounting and it runs very smooth now with no possibility of shorts.

C52738CB-F4FA-4324-90B1-2A11EFCA9503.jpeg
I knocked out the knockout plug and used the cord from a brand new power tool that died an early death. I carved the strain relief down to fit a Romex nut.

Last edited:
Good morning Mossberg Owners.

I decided that my workbench needed another plywood shelf and I happen to have some more scrap plywood and two by fours lying around.

70 screws later I have a CDX shelf that will hold some weight.

CC47B6DA-744D-468A-996D-C64C99F03B67.jpeg
There are eight 2x4 blocks holding this up but I think it needs a little more iron to bind the corners.

Y’all have a great day and if you have a chance to get your Shooting irons out don’t forget to oil them up.

Last edited:
I finally got my canvas sewn and delivered and I put it up over the dog kennel.
445019A7-472A-481B-9F2F-C5AE63EE5C03.jpeg
I actually used pieces of that pre-fabricated tube steel fence to frame the awning.
7C41E836-1AE5-4421-852F-5177CECD8530.jpeg

I paid a fortune for this because I wanted it to look nice for Judy. She’s been looking a at crusty cyclone fence mesh for 18 years now and it was time for a change.

She bought a knockdown tube steel canopy kit, and I put it together today but it’s too dark to take photos now.
Edit… I realized I just hadn’t said anything about the fire lately but according to the papers it’s almost 30% contained and they have managed to control it around sny populated areas.

I think 12 people were killed but I don’t have any idea about the property loss.

The smoke down here has been almost nonexistent compared to previous days but there is still a little Ash coming down on the breeze. All the National Parks are still closed. The daytimes have been very pleasant here temperature wise and the night times have been cool but there has been no rain at all.

Last edited:

When I watched the Scott Adams podcast this morning I was particularly impressed with the way that his previous podcast was treated.

You should definitely watch it.

Hold my beer and watch me assemble a canopy with Chinese directions in the dark. OK I didn’t put the cloth on until this morning but it just has Velcro so it was a nothing burger. Lucky For Me,
(that’s the name of the manufacturer: The Lucky For Me Manufacturing Company of Hong Kong) all the threads on those Chinese bolts and nuts turned out to be good. Well they’re sloppy but at least they all went together without effort. Well they’re sloppy but at least they all went together without undue effort. That’s not always the case and particularly for welded nuts.
image.jpg

Good morning.

The other day I had to bleed my clutch. I've officially decided that Honda's engineers were drunk when they designed this because I had to remove most of the air intake assembly and some of the throttle to get to the bleed valve. If I'd gone in from underneath I still would've had to remove parts, but I didn't have an adequate jack anyway. That thing with the paper towel stuffed into it is my carburetor.

I might have waited a bit too long to do this.

Screenshot_20200923-104905.jpg

This morning I met with my running coach and did 1/4 mile sprints after a 1 1/2 mile warmup run.

My canvas got some aluminum cleats along both ledgers and about 60 stainless steel screws to hold it on forever.

815851EC-B5ED-4C6E-A74C-900247185AC9.jpeg

Initially I just put staples up and down both sides because I knew I would have metal cleats in the end.

Good morning everyone. 59 with just a wisp of fog this morning.

I took the puppy in for a checkup yesterday. He turned 9 months old this past Friday and now weighs 56 pounds. Everything checked good.

We had two days of rain, about an inch and a half total, and now we are supposed to have 5 or 6 very nice days. This is my favorite time of year.

Have a great day and stay vigilant.

Unfortunately my wife did not get photographs of me laying head down from the shed roof to put the last six screws in my aluminum cleat. It’s a three and 12 roof and I was at the basic limit of static friction.

I was working without a rope but of course if I had slid I would’ve slid onto the steel frame of the kennel. It would’ve bent, but would’ve held me.

Being an ex rock climber I am not afraid to hang upside down from stuff, but it’s kind of nice to have a belay.

We took a little toodle around the county last week to see a school that I first saw architectural plans for in 1996.

In between then and now we actually did two other schools on the same square mile of land.

The elementary school is named Harvest Elementary. It exists largely in former cotton fields and olive orchards.
70DDB10B-3AB2-4BB6-9D45-9CF9EC52C7B4.jpeg

Then we did the middle school which is called Glacier Point. As this sits in the flat land of the San Joaquin Valley it is nowhere near the point of anything, and the nearest glacier is probably on Mount Whitney, 60 miles to the east.
613C8EF4-D1AD-4BD4-ADA1-7214F1B98DA3.jpeg

The traditional place known as glacier point is in Yosemite national Park.

Finally they started constructing the high school that I finished plans for about six years ago, but drew the stadium for in 1996. It doesn’t have an official name yet but it’s simply called Central Unified high school.
1B1387B5-29E7-4735-AC0F-45C9F1F65F0C.jpeg

E2F6E445-53F0-4DF5-85FD-8D5CCFDE9C18.jpeg

Last edited:
Good morning everyone of yous.we have clear skies and 62, headed for the mid 80s. Looks like a fine weekend shaping up.

We are going to the lake this weekend. The weather should be excellent there as well. This time of year things start to slow down up there.

Anyways, you all have a great day.

Good After-morning sometime approaching tiffin maybe. I'm resting my fingers today. It was a finger twisting struggle to get the last few screws in my canopy. I'm amazed that I was able to do it, lying face down with my head and arms off the roof.

I thought the inverted position would make it impossible to work, but it was entirely possible. That one time.

Forget any repeat performances!

I need to make some little stiffeners for the ridge, but the hands are cramping and I'm taking something for the arthritis, so today I'm loafing.

Good morning everyone of yous. we have clear skies and 62, headed for the mid 80s. Looks like a fine weekend shaping up.

We are going to the lake this weekend. The weather should be excellent there as well. This time of year things start to slow down up there.

Anyways, you all have a great day.

I've been aching to take the boat out, but all the lakes are closed again. I'd have to tow a long way to get on the water. I promised all 7 granddaughters that I'd take them out fishing this summer, but our government had other plans.

I need to make some little stiffeners for the ridge, but the hands are cramping and I'm taking something for the arthritis, so today I'm loafing.

Good morning Mossie Buds!

Cadd always inspires me. Someday I'm actually going to do something with my life.

Today I'm going to take his good advice. I don't want to get arthritis, so I'm going to loaf. :gimme5:

Good After-morning sometime approaching tiffin maybe. I'm resting my fingers today. It was a finger twisting struggle to get the last few screws in my canopy. I'm amazed that I was able to do it, lying face down with my head and arms off the roof.

I thought the inverted position would make it impossible to work, but it was entirely possible. That one time.

Forget any repeat performances!

I've been aching to take the boat out, but all the lakes are closed again. I'd have to tow a long way to get on the water. I promised all 7 granddaughters that I'd take them out fishing this summer, but our government had other plans.
Lake Isabella should still be open I think.

Back