• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Today I changed out my EDC CCW sidearm

nitesite

Average Guy
"Philanthropist"
For three or four years my CCW gun was a 7+1 single stack 9mm, usually just dropped in a pocket. I was perfectly fine with it.

But with these more recent times and events, and the fact that when I am out in the city I am 90% with my wife, I have made the decision to ditch the pocket gun, and relegate it for just around the house and yard.

So I have three great loves of handguns.

~ Revolvers - of which I have several in centerfire. But like the pocket gun my maximum firepower is eight rounds of .357 magnum and more usually just six..

~ 1911s - of which I have a few. But I still have but eight shots in the pistol, just like my 9mm pocket pistol and my PC627 revolver.

~ The CZ75 - of which I have two; both full size. One is brushed stainless and one is the black CZ polycoat. Seventeen rounds and they shoot like an absolute dream.

Starting tomorrow if I go somewhere off my property it is a CZ75B OWB.

Well it’s good to know that you’re not expecting real trouble.

trouble=shotgun of course...

I feel very lucky that I don’t feel the pressure to carry all the time. For me it’s very irregular because very few of the places I would normally go put me in that kind of situation.

Our CCW law is a real PITA because you have to CCW certify every firearm you intend to carry. Of course there’s a fee every time you go to certify.

If they catch you carrying a gun that you are not CCW certified with, you can lose your CCW.

In our county I do not think that you would automatically lose it unless you were committing a crime at the time or they caught you in a suspicious situation.

Well it’s good to know that you’re not expecting real trouble.

trouble=shotgun of course...

I feel very lucky that I don’t feel the pressure to carry all the time. For me it’s very irregular because very few of the places I would normally go put me in that kind of situation.

Our CCW law is a real PITA because you have to CCW certify every firearm you intend to carry. Of course there’s a fee every time you go to certify.

If they catch you carrying a gun that you are not CCW certified with, you can lose your CCW.

In our county I do not think that you would automatically lose it unless you were committing a crime at the time or they caught you in a suspicious situation.

Money money money. The government never gets enough of our money.

I've just been carrying the sig p365 with 12+1 mag. Mostly in my pocket though I do have an IWB alienware holster for when I'm wanting to be more discrete because it does print in my front pocket but I don't care.

Nothing wrong with the cz at all though. I love my turkish clone (canik s120). It's probably the best shooting 9mm handgun that I own to be honest. Even better than the Beretta Centurion, which is not really a slouch either.

Since you're open carrying, may I suggest that you look into the Sars K245 and K245 c (compact). I know that I've mentioned them to you before nitesite, but they are 14 round double stack 45acp that fits your hand perfectly and point so naturally. They are also based off the browning/cz design. I wish I lived close enough to drop by after work to let you shoot it so you could judge for yourself, but the K245 has been my primary HD handgun for several years now. Double action. Can carry cocked and locked. Adjustable windage/elevation rear to dial it in exactly. It's truly a fantastic handgun and if you can find one, generally hover around $450 or less. (don't tell everyone but they're so well made they're worth double that).

If you ever get a chance to handle one or shoot one, I would be really surprised if you walked away disappointed. I didn't watch the whole video, but what I saw, he hit on some of the things that I noticed about the gun too.

I've never had or even wanted a .45. After reading the posts here and watching the video I might have a change of mind.

They are really good guns meanstreak.

And if you do your part, plenty accurate too.

I admit that I did this one on a rest after I zero'd the iron sights because I wanted to see what the gun itself was capable of an to reduce my footprint on it as much as possible. It's much more capable than I am. I assure you. But that is a whole mag and what 14 bullet holes look like at 10 yards. The circle/bullseye was just traced from a roll of masking tape for reference.

G0KsCxj.jpg

It'll still fit. Just pull down more on your belt loops ;)

I love my CZ-75's. Never thought of one in .45, though. With my compact .45 I have a total of 23 rounds of .45 goodness in the gun and two more mags. If that doesn't solve my issue, well, it's just my time, I guess. Poor planning happened somewhere along the way. I've never felt compelled to get a high cap pistol, although I'm not opposed to them.

I also sometimes carry an old German surp P6, which is single stack. The whole high capacity craze seemed to start around the time the military adopted the M9 in 1985, and the Miami FBI shootout in 1986. Police departments were all about the double stack all of a sudden. Prior to that there were still a lot of revolvers in use and many single stack nines. S&W made several double stack nines that became popular with many departments, but the Glock really took off like wildfire in the late 80's.

but I'm not a law enforcement officer, and no longer in the military. While my son and I have several double stack nines, Beretta, CZ, and Glocks, I almost never carry one. It's either the highly modified Kimber CDP Compact .45 or the Sig P6 (P225 single stack 9). While the case for the .45 was pretty hard to discredit for FMJ military ball ammo, I think with the advent of the modern hollow point designs, I quit comparing the two calibers for "effectiveness". I just make sure I take both the .45 and the P6 to the range often. Range time is way more important than caliber. Two in the HVAC and one in the CPU will usually provide enough discouragement to perps, and One round in either caliber likely will not.

That SAR is one sexy beast, though! I likey.

I've just been carrying the sig p365 with 12+1 mag. Mostly in my pocket though I do have an IWB alienware holster for when I'm wanting to be more discrete because it does print in my front pocket but I don't care.

Nothing wrong with the cz at all though. I love my turkish clone (canik s120). It's probably the best shooting 9mm handgun that I own to be honest. Even better than the Beretta Centurion, which is not really a slouch either.

Since you're open carrying, may I suggest that you look into the Sars K245 and K245 c (compact). I know that I've mentioned them to you before nitesite, but they are 14 round double stack 45acp that fits your hand perfectly and point so naturally. They are also based off the browning/cz design. I wish I lived close enough to drop by after work to let you shoot it so you could judge for yourself, but the K245 has been my primary HD handgun for several years now. Double action. Can carry cocked and locked. Adjustable windage/elevation rear to dial it in exactly. It's truly a fantastic handgun and if you can find one, generally hover around $450 or less. (don't tell everyone but they're so well made they're worth double that).

If you ever get a chance to handle one or shoot one, I would be really surprised if you walked away disappointed. I didn't watch the whole video, but what I saw, he hit on some of the things that I noticed about the gun too.

You won't go wrong with this one :yum: I love mine shoots like a dream

I'll be entirely honest, I have bought one 9mm this year (the p365). While I feel pretty good with it and I LOVE that it will fit in my front pocket without garnering much attention, I admit that I have also bought TWO 45's if that is saying anything.

I was able to test some 124 gr speer gold dot hand loads out of the p365 and considering it's only a 3 inch barrel (including the chamber), I was getting 1090 fps which for less than 2 inches of actual barrel length I thought was really good though it's got some pretty good muzzle rise to it.

I have also loaded some 230 gr hornady xtp hollow points in 45 obviously that are supposed to be close to 950 fps. That's pretty warm for 45acp too for the bullet weight.

At the end of the day, we've gotta keep our head on a swivel and stay safe no matter what we're carrying.

I carry a P938 SAS, an old Model 37, an SP101 in no certain order. Just depends on how I feel that day. I don't get caught up in caliber, no. of rounds, size, or any of that. I won't go below .38 SPL. Used to reload but got utterly bored to death with it. I just carry something I like for any number of reasons important to me only. A gunfight doesn't take many rounds on average "they" say, (less than 3), and it's uncommon to kill someone immediately if at all with a handgun. It's also uncommon to need to shoot somebody although that's being challenged right now.

I think the best thing to carry is to just be nice to people. If things get dicey, just go someplace else.

I`ve taken to carrying a little DB9, I can walk out the door with 13 rounds of Sig JHPs and barely notice the weight...

View attachment 23955 View attachment 23958

Nice little inexpensive EDC you have there Elbert. I don't feel the need to get the latest, most expensive gun(s). I even have a Hi Point 995 that works every time without fail and I'll admit to owning one. It's kind of amazing how mankind has done so many things to do the same thing.....make a projectile(s) come out of the end of a steel tube at high velocity. Oh, there was a need to neutralize other people and animals with them. So many ways to skin a cat..... I do believe in V-Crown too. It's in my P938 and has never FTFed or FTEed.

Back