• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Ammo available in your area.

Picked up a box of Challenger 12ga slugs and some CCI Mini-mags. The slugs were the last box on the shelf and were stupid expensive. The Mini-mags were normal price and just about all gone. I've got a good stock of 22LR so wasn't gonna spend too much on it. You'd think buckshot and slugs were made of gold instead of lead...sheesh! I haven't done much shooting this last couple years, so my stock is growing not shrinking. I picked up a 4-pack plastic ammo can set for $30...that was a bargain at least.
IMG_1429.jpg

Last edited:
Vista Outdoors just reported a $1 Billion backlog on ammo alone.
https://www.tacticalshit.com/vista-outdoors-just-reported-a-1-billion-backlog-on-ammo-alone/

Vista Outdoors owns Federal, CCI, and just purchased Remington`s ammo line...
1f928.png
So it`s not so much the cost as it going to be the availability...

I’m not an avid enough shooter to ever spot a difference between any ammo. I just have the shockwave and at the 20’ or less I shoot it, as long as it goes boom instead of fftttt, I’m golden lol. I’m still waiting for somebody to make chamber sleeves so we could shoot whatever was available, 12,20,.410...all from the same gun, even if only single shot...lol

Last edited:
I’m not an avid enough shooter to ever spot a difference between any ammo. I just have the shockwave and at the 20’ or less I shoot it, as long as it goes boom instead of fftttt, I’m golden lol. I’m still waiting for somebody to make chamber sleeves so we could shoot whatever was available, 12,20,.410...all from the same gun, even if only single shot...lol

I own several of these. 20 guage, .40 S&W, .357 mag (rifled), all for 12 gauge. I've been happy with all of them.

https://www.gunadapters.com/categories/Shotgun-Adapters/

Take care. Tom Worthington

I just spent the day going from store to store looking for ammunition. If you need 17 HMR. the Kelso, Washington Sportsman's has it. Other than that the shelves were bare. None of the clerks has any idea when a shipment might arrive. I load centerfire rifle but was looking for 22 LR and 22 WMR. No luck there.

I just spent the day going from store to store looking for ammunition. If you need 17 HMR. the Kelso, Washington Sportsman's has it. Other than that the shelves were bare. None of the clerks has any idea when a shipment might arrive. I load centerfire rifle but was looking for 22 LR and 22 WMR. No luck there.
My wife lives in Kelso and couldn’t find any 9mm either. We have just been buying on line with occasional purchases. Ammoseek has 95 different listings for .22 LR right now..

Bob's in Longview had a shipment of 9MM yesterday with a limit of one. When I got there today it was gone. I have purchased some .22 on line but when the shipping is added the price is crazy. 45 Auto was listed on line last night in a couple of places approaching two dollars a round. Ugh!

Grabbed a box of Federal PowerShok 270Win 150gr yesterday...$1.70/rd not incl taxes...ugh. Again, not much left at my closest source...shelves look emptier all the time. Will be making a fast trip out to the cabin soon, will stop by Cabela's on the way and see how their stock is holding up. A friend of mine has a few requests in case I can find what he needs. Even though I'm nowhere near "in need" the prospect of a long lasting shortage is encouraging me to continue picking up what I can, when I can. I'm hopeful that Cabela's will still have some stock. Last time I was there, they were still pretty well stocked and prices were holding.

Last edited:
CM, I feel your angst. I stopped in a store the other day, had never been there before. They didn't have exactly what I was looking for. They did however have some I could use, so instead of 5.56/.223 it was a box of 45-70 and 100 rounds of .22wmr. These days I just grab a box or two of something that matches any of my guns.

Tomorrow if I run across 9mm or 5.56 that will be the flavor of the day."

CM, I feel your angst. I stopped in a store the other day, had never been there before. They didn't have exactly what I was looking for. They did however have some I could use, so instead of 5.56/.223 it was a box of 45-70 and 100 rounds of .22wmr. These days I just grab a box or two of something that matches any of my guns.

Tomorrow if I run across 9mm or 5.56 that will be the flavor of the day."
Absolutely Meanie...I hear ya. I'm not short on anything but who knows after a year or more? I'm expecting that as we usually don't get our supplies until you guys are mostly caught up, there could be a very long dry spell once existing stock is exhausted. All depends what happens politically and with COVID.

The lefties here floated the idea of a lead ammo ban in the not-so-distant past...given the circumstances and Trudeau being propped up by other parties of lefties I wouldn't say any type of prohibition is off the table right now. Scares the crap out of me. He's used an Order In Council (more or less an executive order) to ban over 9500 different models of firearms...that was the update as of June. Likely more by now. The RCMP have been adding to the list ever since the May 1/20 order came into force. Businesses are out millions and millions of dollars worth of product they can't sell and in many cases can't return. And of course owners, stuck...some with multiple, government mandated safe queens. They prohibited them and most of us don't hold prohibited class licenses...so we're essentially screwed. Once the amnesty runs out we become automatic criminals if we refuse to surrender those firearms. I guarantee there will be massive non-compliance. They will have to start door knocking. Unfortunately, having a gun license in this country means they can swing by for a visit without a warrant ANY TIME...and they don't have to knock...jus' sayin'. Welcome to Canuckistan!

I had no idea that it had gone that far in Canada. In fact, I had heard that some of the rules had been relaxed. I guess I should stay more informed. A lot of the politicians here in the US would love to see similar regulation of gun owners and I believe the next four years will be a deciding time.

Just for general discussion. . . my daughter is a regional employee for a major shipping firm that does ship ammunition. Lately, their ammo shipping has consisted of taking the ammunition directly to ports to be shipped overseas. No wonder the local shops here cannot get ammunition.

Back