• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Ammo available in your area.

Mike, I've been thinking the same thing for about three months now. I could probably buy 20 ARs in an hour here, but ammo is a different ballgame. That might take weeks just scrape together a couple of boxes.

I stopped in a close by Walmart today. I used to buy all of my ammo there. They look to be just closing down all ammo sales. They had a few boxes of 7 1/2 and 8 shotgun ammo, two boxes of .222 Remington ammo, and that was it.

I don't see any improvement for a long time.

I stopped by my local WM tonight and the pantry was bare. :( There WERE 5-6 boxes of 20ga 2 weeks ago and I think a couple boxes of 28ga. I didn't have any cash the last time but determined I would buy them out tonight. Instead, I ended up buying a couple Barnett wrist rockets, 1/4 & 3/8 ammo, a strap to fix one I have at home and 2x6000 .177 BBs (copper plate). Took me a half hour to get someone to open up the case for the BBs :rolleyes: and when he got there he tried to tell me they stopped selling "ammo" at 8pm but I wasn't having it, having been told by 3 different people that "someone will be over with the key". :mad:

In related news, I ordered a seal kit off debay ($6.15) for my good ol' Crosman American 1377 pump BB pistol. I only need the tube seal but maybe I'll put the others in, as well. Gun is from the 70s and is powerful AND accurate (for a BB pistol). Stock photo shown...

DSCN1874.jpg

I stopped by my local WM tonight and the pantry was bare. :( There WERE 5-6 boxes of 20ga 2 weeks ago and I think a couple boxes of 28ga. I didn't have any cash the last time but determined I would buy them out tonight. Instead, I ended up buying a couple Barnett wrist rockets, 1/4 & 3/8 ammo, a strap to fix one I have at home and 2x6000 .177 BBs (copper plate). Took me a half hour to get someone to open up the case for the BBs :rolleyes: and when he got there he tried to tell me they stopped selling "ammo" at 8pm but I wasn't having it, having been told by 3 different people that "someone will be over with the key". :mad:

In related news, I ordered a seal kit off debay ($6.15) for my good ol' Crosman American 1377 pump BB pistol. I only need the tube seal but maybe I'll put the others in, as well. Gun is from the 70s and is powerful AND accurate (for a BB pistol). Stock photo shown...

View attachment 24395

So we have been reduced to defending ourselves with BB guns? :laugh: Take care. Tom Worthington

MikeD's tip of the day: Take note of what obscure caliber ammo is still on the racks. These may be the gun calibers to buy.
That’s funny in a day late dollar short kind of way..when my little brother passed away a few years ago, my dad consigned all his guns to boost the estate for his 2 young daughters, but left the cabinet full of ammo for me to use or otherwise dispose of. My bro was in the appliance business for 30+ years ( I am not looking forward to the day I have to buy an appliance,having NEVER had to before,lol) and took guns,ammo,boats, tools, whatever in trade for late lease payments or buybacks. It took awhile to get rid of the ammo,selling most of it for pennies on the dollar and finally just giving it away..who needs 2000 rounds of 9mm Marakov without the gun to shoot it.?? Those weird aluminum looking casings seems more fit for a necklace than shooting stuff. He had case lots, some multiple, of green cased 5.56, .45, ought 6, 9mm Luger, and smaller amounts but at least 250 each of 444 marlin, my mom’s hunting rifle, and 460 weatherby as well as all the hunting millimeter calibers. And a foot locker of 10 lb bags of 22 LR.. I guess ya just never know..lol

View attachment 24395
I have one on those!! They were great back when they used decent metal for the main parts. I have the stock for it as well.

I recently bought a newer Daisy 880 to replace an old one I had. I was really disappointed to see everything but the barrel was plastic.

So we have been reduced to defending ourselves with BB guns? :laugh: Take care. Tom Worthington

When firearm ammo dries up i start buying arrows, pellets, BB's, and slingshot ammo.

While not optimal for SD/HD, bb guns are great for cheap practice. All are good for putting food on the table.

Well, my "range" IS in the backyard, so there is that. Gotta love living out of town. Take care. Tom Worthington
I live out of town. Hearing people shooting all around me every day was a normal thing for years. Now, in the last few weeks it has changed. No shooting at all. I guess they have run out of ammo or just don't want to use what they have up.
What really worries me is. All these people hoarding all the ammo. When biden or the next does make it hard or impossible to get or afford or even make owning firearms and ammo illegal. Are all those people going to sit back and laugh and say "I got mine so I don't care". When it happens, and sooner or later it will, I think they will do just that. Again, Our kids and grandkids will pay the price. Because we got ours.

Stopped by the walmart down the stree today. They had 9 boxes of 28 gauge, nothing else. They have cleaning supplies, holsters, rifle cases, and other odds and ends. I don't think I'll be buying any of those since they aren't carrying any ammo. As a matter of fact I find myself just driving by for the most part.

One could look at owning ammo like a savings account. I certainly would not sit back and laugh , but I would not feel guilty or bad for saving up over the years when times were good.

I'm invested in precious metals - Lead and Brass

Like other investments, it's all about knowing when to buy. 2021 is in my opinion a time to hold!

Best current investment is certainly magazines. Their prices are still affordable and your ROI looks very attractive.

Regards

Picked up 300 rounds Federal 12g 7.5's at a local WM. That's enough to keep me hunting for years. Not to say i wont pick up more. ;-D

Back