• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Maverick 88 Pump Action Photo Gallery

20200607-194728.jpg

Couple upgrades to the ole Mav added the light some high viz sites and reamed and tapped the barrel to install the modified choke

Here’s my 88. Got it about 14 years ago. I put on an 18.5” barrel, Hogue 12” LOP buttstock, an HSGI shell card and a Streamlight Protac light with an L&M mount. I recently put on a Limbsaver slip on for an added inch of LOP but may take it off. The rubber end is a bit too sticky and tends to grab clothing when shouldering. Thinking of adding a sling to it.

Attachments

• 544250FF-53B8-4485-B9C9-75F9BA37BC54.jpeg
    544250FF-53B8-4485-B9C9-75F9BA37BC54.jpeg
    242.5 KB · Views: 19
Just a few of Miss Dixie. Not any changes since my last picture in 2019, just more rounds through her.

The light in the pictures is a Surefire 6px Pro attached with a CDM Mod-C clamp. The light is solid, but the clamp is not. It continues to drop the light under recoil after about 25-30 rounds. Just a heads up if anyone is looking to put a light on your rig.
95968ceeb1f690bfdfe59be30872981c.jpg
dcb50e863dbfd0c69b9b796e4a5b0094.jpg
2ed847a2e54cac7d76678fc235ea70fa.jpg

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

I finally was able to get to the initial cleaning and assembly of the new '88. I thought that the initial cleaning would be easy and crud-free, but when I brushed and swabbed the barrel - yowza - the first patches through were filthy! YouTube was my friend, as there were several good videos on breaking down and cleaning the '88.

Here it is: basic black, cleaned, needs a sling, likely getting an ESSTAC shell card, [their website is a true hazard to the budget :wink: ] ---and until the first outing comes up, I'll be practicing loading / unloading with some dummy shells. I'm no stranger to firearms, but this is the only shotgun that I've actually owned. Hopefully it won't dislocate my shoulder the first time out. :)

IMG_5326_edited-1.jpg

Here is my new Mossy 88 , 20 inch barrel with M choke installed .

Attachments

• Short Mossy 1.jpg
    Short Mossy 1.jpg
    293.4 KB · Views: 3
  • Short Mossy 5.jpg
    Short Mossy 5.jpg
    392.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Short Mossy 3.jpg
    Short Mossy 3.jpg
    286.6 KB · Views: 3
I installed an XS sight on the '88. A good addition for me - anything to improve sighting. :)

The hardest part was getting the *&@#! smaller bead into the barrel. After a test fit I used a tiny bit of Permatex thread lock. I used a small kid's watercolor brush to apply JB Weld to the base of the sight - it made it easier to get a nice even coat without too much excess. In all it came out pretty well. I'm happy with it.
IMG_5360_edited-1.jpg
I also put on a basic black sling that I got, but no photo. Nothing fancy.

My Esstac order is supposed to arrive today, but it's coming via the US Postal Service....so you never really know when something will arrive.

Back