• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

How long do we (gun sites) have ?

That's a tough question to answer. But I think we are on the precipice of a fundamental, societal shift and I don't think anything is truly off the table right now if it suits the perceived need. Including putting the kibosh on places like this if it suits or helps their endgame.

I think it's very telling when you have people like German Chancellor Angela Merkel who has made no bones about how she feels about some of Trump's moves and his behavior and there is no love lost between them, come out and say this..........

"Angela Merkel, German chancellor, has sharply criticised Twitter’s decision to ban US president Donald Trump, calling it a “problematic” breach of the “fundamental right to free speech”."

https://www.ft.com/content/6146b352-6b40-48ef-b10b-a34ad585b91a

I really don't care how bad things get, when the media can virtually shut the mouth of the most powerful leader in the world...we are in BIG trouble. And, they just did. So...yeah I have no illusions where we could be headed if this boat doesn't make a sharp turn pretty quick.

Further to the above...

Similar sentiments coming out the European Parliament and France as well:

"Manfred Weber, chairman of the EPP group at the European Parliament, concurred, telling Brussels Playbook: “The EU mustn’t let Facebook and Twitter decide what’s within the boundaries of the acceptable on their platforms.” “We cannot leave it to American Big Tech companies to decide how we do and do not discuss, what can and cannot be said in a democratic discourse. We need a stricter regulatory approach,” Weber added."

French Finance Minister Bruno Le Maire, while condemning Trump’s “lies,” also expressed his disagreement with Twitter’s ability to unilaterally decide to remove the American president from the platform. “What shocks me is that Twitter is the one to close his account. The regulation of the digital world cannot be done by the digital oligarchy,” Le Maire said on France Inter Monday morning.

https://www.politico.eu/article/angela-merkel-european-leaders-question-twitter-donald-trump-ban/

Oh and just in case you were wondering what "Boy Blunder" north of the border said.....

"Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is highlighting the fragile nature of democracy following violence in D.C. on Wednesday, which he characterized as an “assault on democracy by violent rioters, incited by the current president and other politicians.”

https://globalnews.ca/news/7563747/trudeau-trump-capitol-lockdown-us-violence/

Trudeau has had nothing to say about Trump's twitter ban as far as I know. Which is completely unsurprising since being in office he has attempted to buy-off the Canadian media, crucify media outlets who portray him negatively and the Liberal Party of Canada even floated the idea of licensing...yes, licensing journalists.

Places like MO may indeed be in danger if the progressives have their way. Guns bad.

With big tech, the multi national corporations, main stream media, and the Democratic Party all banding together every Republican is under fire. If you listen carefully it is clear they are not just talking about a select few.

Last night I saw a video from project Veritas. They were recording an attorney that worked for PBS. He was talking about the possibility of taking children from parents that had voted for Trump and other republicans and re-educating them. Granted he was fired as soon as the video got out, but I would not be surprised if a large number of high level democrats think that way.

Big businesses are already turning against the right.

Mmm...
One man will occupy the minds in DC and worldwide. And for an indefinite period of time.

Has anyone had this level of attention? Has there ever been this level of anxiety all around?

I mean since ‘41...

I was around during Nixon and it didn’t compare. Clinton was a trifle.

Has there been a potus not mocked and vilified by the media since JFK?

I think this is the pinnacle.

Its quite obvious now ( what i have said for a long time ) that corporations run the world. I don think it will be any qick and big changes. They usually take a small piece at a time of your freedom which the regular joe wont really notice.. until its to late

Mmm...
One man will occupy the minds in DC and worldwide. And for an indefinite period of time.

Has anyone had this level of attention? Has there ever been this level of anxiety all around?

I mean since ‘41...

I was around during Nixon and it didn’t compare. Clinton was a trifle.

Has there been a potus not mocked and vilified by the media since JFK?

I think this is the pinnacle.
It’s unprecedented...it’s been nearly 5 years of media heads exploding on a daily if not hourly basis.

The stench of burnt progressives’ hair has travelled round the globe.

I personally think it all depends on what forums are run through what server... If the MossbergOwners forum are run through an Amazon server - chances are that we won't be around for too long. As cmcdonald mentioned above: "guns are bad".

12 days to forever.

1st amendment and all.

Yeah, that was sarcasm. A lot of sarcasm.

The bill of rights is only supposed to apply to government to restrict them from what they're not supposed to infringe upon.

It means 100% squat to private companies.

Read this paragraph from Dennis Prager's recent TH column LINK and consider if there is any parallel to today's goings-on:

"On Feb. 27, 1933, exactly one month after the Nazis came to power, the German parliament building, the Reichstag, was set ablaze. The Nazis blamed the fire on their archenemy, the communists, and used the fire to essentially extinguish the Communist Party and its ability to publish, speak or otherwise spread its message. Using the Reichstag fire as an excuse, the Nazis passed the Enabling Act, a law that gave the Nazi chancellor, Adolf Hitler, the power to pass laws by decree -- without the Reichstag.

Prager goes on to discuss the events at the Capitol last week. Meanwhile, that POS Nazi Swartzngger erroneously compares the event to Kristalnacht--dumb focker obviously doesn't know his own history.
rolleyes.gif

So what do we do if communications are disabled because someone decides to cancel us? I'm of the "If I can't have it, you can't have it either" mentality... ;)

At this point, the Propaganda Palaces are frothing at the mouth with hate and LIES. The "mostly peaceful protestors" (my quote) at the Capitol did not have evil on their mind, just love for the President. And he did not have sedition on his mind either, just trying to invigorate his followers like any other rally. With the amount of negative BS coming from the slimedia and Congress, you would think they dragged lawmakers out and put their heads on pikes which I sort of wished that they had... :D (just the bad ones... ;) )

All in all not good for most if not all of us on this forum and many others. I’m on 3 firearms related forums. Just by posting this I/we are in their database.
Until they take us down let’s continue to exchange ideas and converse in a amicable way to show that we are no different than your average cooking blog or some such.

Bobster, I am not convinced the folks that actually stormed the capital were Trump supporters. I saw too much resemblance to antifa. Lasers, helmets, gas masks, weapons hidden in backpacks, and the aggressive behavior of the group toward the police. Maybe it's wishful thinking, but Trump supporters are more respectful than that group.

Now, with that being said, I admit I am very fed up and frustrated with the actions of part of congress over the past 5 years. But, not enough to take part in attacking the capital. Frustrated probably is not a strong enough description of my feelings.

Now, if I were to have an opportunity.....never mind.

Big tech/corp power won't fall because of government rule IMO. It's a useful tool.

It will eventually get hacked from within, because of disgruntled employees.

I don't think our forum is really on the cancel radar yet. There are so many out there . . . thousands, and some really big ones.
We are really small fry here, and we're not organizing anything.

Back