• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Good morning. 45 and sunny,supposed to hit high 50s this afternoon.

Mike, I've got squirrels running back and forth on my fence. They drive the dog crazy. I can't use a .22 in town. I might have to hire a kid with a BB gun to take care of em.

Ya'll have a great day.

Good morning. 45 and sunny,supposed to hit high 50s this afternoon.

Mike, I've got squirrels running back and forth on my fence. They drive the dog crazy. I can't use a .22 in town. I might have to hire a kid with a BB gun to take care of em.

Ya'll have a great day.

Meany, try a slingshot. Both fun to master the skill and effective. Never know when you might use it in the future.

Have a great day!

Lol. Fellas, I actually have a wrist rocket I have never used. I guess it's time. Scoop I like the acorn idea. If I can't actually hit em I'll get acorns.

Good morning Mossberg Owners.

Monday, I drove Judy up to the very end of the road, over Tamarack Ridge, up to Huntington lake. Normally the road goes a lot further into several different places, but they were all blocked off because of dead trees in/over the road.

Huntington lake was a fraction of its normal size and there were extensive mud flats everywhere. The boat ramps are closed and all of the docks fell 100 yards from the water or more.

DF949579-95F2-40E8-ACFF-016AB3AD6DF3.jpeg

Covid has turned my wife grey. They closed the hairdressers here, so no one is dying.

E6F8E8A4-41A3-4F90-A1A8-2096C0B2E7CB.jpeg This stump would normally be about 15 to 20 feet underwater.2E7B22C4-7CB1-409C-891B-CA28B6998399.jpeg

There were a lot of burned trees as evidence to the big creek fire, which burned 300k acres. A few historic places were lost in the fire but the town of Shaver Lake generally survived unscathed. Most of the town of big creek was also saved but the surrounding area is black and closed to public traffic.

The town of Huntington Lake consists of a few cabins and a general store and gas station which rents snowmobiles, plus there are a few small boat rental places. Most of this survived the fire, but several nice hundred year old cabins were lost. Victor Davis Hanson has a cabin at Huntington, and his apparently has survived the fire.

Huntington is an expensive place, and I think that a tiny derelict cabin there on a small plot of land would run at least $500k. The views can be very spectacular when the lake is full.EDB74DC1-E641-40E7-A59D-AD9697ACBCF8.jpeg

Going up the mountain you could see regions of trees which did not actually burn but had been scorched to death by hot winds.

I took the boat out with my buddy Bobby to Pine flat yesterday and the water is very very low. I’d say about 25% capacity. There were very few boats there all day but nobody caught any fish.

ABEDF8E5-5110-4707-9EC1-FD5C8CA89E22.jpeg

2FA77153-ADC9-4577-853D-77CA40E82BBF.jpeg
Anyhow we spent about nine hours on the road and at the lake yesterday, and after that plus Monday, I am going to lounge around and recover today.

The next two days promise to be at the very least quite interesting. Quite possibly much more. Aside from a short trip to the grocery I intend to stay home in the next 2 days. I might try to go fishing again on Friday.

Bidenism for Today

If you’re going down a river at 2 MPH and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to re-shingle your roof?

I heard he is very excited about todays election and hopes he gets the Senate seat hes been running for.

Good morning everyone. I was happy to see President Trump made a safe trip to Florida for some much earned rest and relaxation. I imagine it will be short lived as he will be anxious to get back to business.

Ya'll have a great day and keep your powder dry.

For those who haven't seen the laundry list of Biden Executive Orders here's a few one liners. I'm sure there's more to come.

• Rejoin the Paris Agreement to fight climate change
  • Roll back Trump’s disastrous environmental executive actions
  • Rejoin the World Health Organization
  • Reverse the Muslim Ban
  • Launch a new government initiative to advance racial equity
  • Stop border wall construction
  • Strengthen protections for Dreamers
  • Repeal Trump’s harsh and extreme immigration enforcement executive order.
  • Extend the eviction and foreclosure moratoriums
  • Extend the student loan payment pause
  • Sign an executive order to prevent and combat discrimination on the basis of gender identity and sexual orientation
  • Launch a 100 day mask-wearing challenge to fight COVID-19
  • Create a new COVID coordinator position to ensure a unified national response
  • Reverse Trump’s executive order excluding undocumented immigrants from the reapportionment count
  • Extend the Deferred Enforced Departure for Liberians Presidential Memorandum
  • Institute an ethics pledge for every appointee in the executive branch
  • Withdraw Trump’s executive orders that obstructed government regulations

Good morning to all of yous. We have mid level clouds this morning and 40 degrees. The high should be about 46 this afternoon. Tomorrow is supposed to be low 60s. Maybe I can go shoot a little.

I hope you all have a great day.

Back